PDA

View Full Version : Want to introduce myself.

jetdoc
07-02-07, 07:56 AM
I joined here a few months ago and don't know if I've introduced myself. I first found this place a long time ago and thought I had joined then, but can't seem to have remembered my signon, so I re-joined in April. I'm a long time member over on www.grunt.com (http://www.grunt.com) and thats a great board, lots of good folks there. I'm not overly crazy about the new format they have, but the board is still great.

I was in the Marines from 78-85, Airwinger, so I of course got all the chicks, lol. I got out of the Marines and went into the Air National Guard, as a full time civilian tech during the week. I hated the ANG and the tech job, but I finished my military time and retired in 94. (in case some of you are doing the math, I joined in 77 and I was given an early retirement option, the RTAP program, and took it and ran. I am the same as a 20 year retirement person with 17 years of service. The only thing I didn't get by retiring at 17 years and not 20 is the loss of potential retirement points. As a reservist the points per year are not that great, I got most of my points from my 7+ years of active duty).

I went to work for Usair as a line mech in 90, left there in 96 and have been with Southwest ever since and plan on staying here till I do my real retirement...in 8 years I hope? I am a crew chief for SWA and love my job to the max. From my manager to line supervisors, to our line mechs, I have some good folks around me.

Well thats about it, I hope I didn't ramble too much.

thedrifter
07-02-07, 08:22 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Now if You here that I'm a troublemaker...Don't believe them...;) :D

Ellie

davblay
07-02-07, 08:26 AM
Welcome aboard, SGT. and Ellie is right! She doesn't start trouble----she stops it!

Semper Fi, My Brother.

jetdoc
07-02-07, 08:28 AM
Ellie, I've heard that you're nothing but trouble, lol.

Hey there little lady, since you're a moderator, riddle me this:

I just became a paid member, gold...how long till it reflects that on my avatar area and I'm able to enjoy the benifits of being a paid member?

Thanks, Rdub

thedrifter
07-02-07, 08:30 AM
Let me check on that for You....

I thought right away....but sometimes we have to kick the computer.....;)

Ellie

jetdoc
07-02-07, 09:02 AM
ok Ellie, I will wait for you. I will be splitting for the gym then to work in a bit, so I will check when I get into work if I don't hear from you in a bit...not a biggy, I was just following up on it thats all.

jetdawgg
07-02-07, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard. Our names may confuse them (lol):D

outlaw3179
07-02-07, 09:12 AM
Semper Fi Marine ,Welcome aboard.

jetdoc
07-02-07, 09:21 AM
Thanks jetdawgg and outlaw. Jetdawgg, you went through bootcamp not too far from my time frame I see. My best stateside duty station was El Toro...SoCal baby. I had a blast out there, thats all I can say. I was about 13 miles from Laguna Beach and worked swing shift out there, so I'd ride my bicyle through the canyons to the beach everyday...best time of my life, no problems, no troubles.

BTW, where is the edit button in this place?

****edit...I see, you can only edit your last post in a thread, ok.******

capmarine
07-02-07, 11:15 AM
welcome aboard

bootlace15
07-02-07, 12:31 PM
are you really 101 yrs old?

bootlace15 out

bootlace15
07-02-07, 01:24 PM
hey jetdoc,

reading your forum, a couple of paragraphs in you said

I was in the Marines from 78-85. Next sentence.........In case anyone is doing the math I joined in 77. Your profile says 78-85. which is it 77 or 78?

Also looking at some of your posts you remarked on what units you were with,nothing posted about gulf war,beirut or grenada. You had units you were with and where you were stationed,but failed to show when and where you were or what units you were with during gulf war,beirut or grenada. Is there anything else we need to know? Are you really a wolf?

bootlace15 out

outlaw3179
07-02-07, 01:26 PM
lol...damn.

erased
07-02-07, 01:47 PM
hey jetdoc,

reading your forum, a couple of paragraphs in you said

I was in the Marines from 78-85. Next sentence.........In case anyone is doing the math I joined in 77. Your profile says 78-85. which is it 77 or 78?

Also looking at some of your posts you remarked on what units you were with,nothing posted about gulf war,beirut or grenada. You had units you were with and where you were stationed,but failed to show when and where you were or what units you were with during gulf war,beirut or grenada. Is there anything else we need to know? Are you really a wolf?

bootlace15 out

The man was 73 when he went to bootcamp (according to his profile). Cut him some slack. :D

jetdoc
07-02-07, 02:21 PM
Yea guys, give me a break, I'm an old man...lol.

No dudes, Im 47, I was just messing around about the age. I signed up June 77, while a junior in high school, went in June 78....back then it counted towards pay and such, so it helped me out while I was in the Marines, so thats the deal, boot. It was called the "Delayed entry program"...did they not have that when you were in?

As for the conflicts while in, I was kinda unsure and to be honest I have not thought about it since I checked them....I wasn't sure if it meant conflicts that happened while you were in or ones that you were actually on ground, fighting like a grunt? I was in the USMC or Air National Guard during those conflicts and supported the cause regardless. I got a Marine Corps Exped. medal while on the USS Midway for the Iranian Hostage crisis...sure didn't seem like we did much to get that medal but our airplanes flew over Iran, so we rated...hope this helps you out. Im not fvcking BS'ing anyone about the conflicts.

Also boot, WTF is a wolf?

bootlace15
07-02-07, 02:41 PM
in sheeps clothing.....Are you?

bootlace15 out

jetdoc
07-02-07, 02:46 PM
in sheeps clothing.....Are you?

bootlace15 out

Ok dude, I don't know you, so I will hold my tongue, WTF are you trying to say pal? Be a man and say whats on your chest...waiting....

jetdoc
07-02-07, 02:47 PM
BTW, did a quick search on some of your posts...are you the rank police or something skippy? lol.

bootlace15
07-02-07, 03:02 PM
fix your facts,as you can see I'm not the only one checking you out. Get it right or stay wrong,its up to you. If you choose to do battle we can do that also. It is not personal,just the right thing to do before we talk real Marine Corp talk.......And dude I don't know you either skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

jetdoc
07-02-07, 03:05 PM
Learn to read...whats facts confused you, (seems easy to do, lol). Be specific dude.

jetdoc
07-02-07, 03:10 PM
Let me help you out, boot. If you got confused by me enlisting in 77, but going to bootcamp in 78, its called the delayed entry program. If the conflicts confused you, I was in the military when the conflicts occured...I wasn't a grunt, so I am sure to you it would be impossible for me to have been involved in any conflict.

If you further assistance just ask, dude.

Again, I can see by your other posts you are a person of conflict, I'm not sure exactly what your problem is.

bootlace15
07-02-07, 03:17 PM
you have my answer,it isn't personal. Say what ever you like..... You are not worth my time,as I am not worth yours..............

bootlace15 out

jetdoc
07-02-07, 03:25 PM
you have my answer,it isn't personal. Say what ever you like..... You are not worth my time,as I am not worth yours..............

bootlace15 out

Man I don't know what your answer is, nor do I know your exact issue with me...WTF, I didn't expect to hear crap like what you're dishing out...especially since I'm not sure of your exact issue with me? :devious:

thedrifter
07-02-07, 03:34 PM
Play Nice Marines!;)

Take it to PM's....

Ellie

jetdoc
07-02-07, 03:50 PM
Hey Ellie, wow, I don't know what that dudes problem is. First he was trying to say my enlistment dates were wrong, and I corrected him about it. Then I tried to explain the way I understood the conflicts while I was in meant to me.

I don't appreciate anyone saying, in so many words, that I've lied about something, when I have not.

As I said, I checked a few of his other posts to folks here and he has pulled the same stunt on them....I don't need his BS, especially when I've explained to him everything, and he still has a problem with it.

If the conflict thing is wrong by me then I will go back and erase the check marks...as I said, when I first got on here I was scrolling through and thought they were talking about conflicts that occured during your time in the military...and they all did!!! I never thought about it since I've checked them to be honest.

bootlace15
07-02-07, 08:40 PM
Ellie,
not a problem with me. He just needs to correct the profile birthdate,I don't give a rats azs what conflicts he was in. When you serve your country during a conflict or war you served. Just make the thing accurate. He told you he would change the profile birthdate,now make him.
S/F
\
bootlace15 out

100% disabled combat wounded and proud of it

bootlace15
07-02-07, 08:43 PM
I'm not a dude,dude. I'm a Marine.......I paid my dues dude...............

bootlace15 out

crate78
07-02-07, 09:38 PM
Hey, Ron. I drifted away from grunt.com too, because it's just too freakin' slow since they redid it. I checked it out once again the other night and from the time I clicked on "grunt.com" until the open forum came up was six minutes. It went downhill from there.

According to your profile, you work for Southwest Airlines. Did you ever run into a Captain named Ed Bowes? I raced stock cars against him once for about eight or ten years, then sprint cars for several more years. He told me once he wouldn't consider working for anyone but Southwest.

Later,

crate

bootlace15
07-03-07, 06:18 AM
jetr,

So sorry for causing such an uproar. I at first was asking questions. I guess the older we get we have a lack of oxygen to the brain. Was'nt trying to call anyone a liar,just trying to get an answer to questions. No harm intended,if there was any hard feelings my fault.

bootlace15 out

jetdoc
07-03-07, 07:33 AM
Crate, hey man. Yes I work for SWA and the name Ed Bowes sounds familiar but I can't put a face on it. We have a couple of local guys that race sprint, etc. Todd Greeniger is one, and he is a former Marine as well, he is totally into the sprint scene..ever hear of him?

I agree about Grunt....its so sloooow. There is a thread started about how slow it is and whats the problem. There are some good folks over there, hope they get it straightened out. I also am not crazy about the new format they have for their message board, its not like a regular message board.

Boot, no problem man...I was trying to be funny with the birthdate....I've told you about the delayed entry program, and also about my interpretation of the conflicts that occured while I was serving in the Marines and also the Air National Guard.

I didn't think anyone would take the birthdate literally, but not a problem, it will be taken care of.

jetdoc
07-03-07, 07:51 AM
Boot, hey brother check your PM.