PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Leatherneck Members

JAMarine
03-18-03, 08:36 PM
We have a Brother who is in need of our prayers.

A lot of you know flatfoot. This man is John Gray from Liberty, MO.

John entered the hospital this past week with stomach pains. "This came to That" and surgery was performed. John struggled through a High Fever for a few days after surgery. He is now doing better than he was but there is a problem. John has been told his colon cancer is back and it is pretty much taking over his abdomen. He is awaiting a decision from his Doctors for a prescribed treatment.

I am asking all of you to take a minute and pray for this man. He has been a live force in our "Chat" for several years. He is a highly respected individual here. He is a Marine and he needs our help. I'm am asking for this. This is "our" Brother.

If you care to contact him and let him know that he's being thought of or tell him your thoughts please do so.

John Gray is in:
Liberty Hospital
2525 Glenn Hendren Dr, Liberty, MO 64068
Room 481

I only wish I could take his pain.
God Bless you John.
Fi Marine

wrbones
03-18-03, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. John's good people.

thedrifter
03-18-03, 08:42 PM
JAMarine, thanks for the heads up on flatfoot.......Our prayers and thoughts are here for him. He has been a main figure in the chatroom, and a good friend and Brother for a few years now.

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

SHOOTER1
03-18-03, 08:42 PM
You know we will all be keeping him in our thoughts.

USMC0311
03-18-03, 09:37 PM
Thank you for the heads-up Rich. I'll call John in the morning.

Semper Fidelis, Marine

# iz 816-781-7200 he iz up/awake

gapeach
03-18-03, 10:42 PM
John or JAG as I call him, was a tremendous force of faith behind my recurring cancer. He is one of the "faithful few". I want to offer my prayers to him. I talked with him the other night and I encouraged him not to give up the faith. He will have another road to battle to survive this time on earth, and we as fellow Marines must hold him up.

Semper Fi

SSGT Hinson
03-19-03, 12:48 AM
I am truly sorry to hear that Flatfoot is not doing well. I haven't been here long enough to know him yet and from what I hear from you guys he is a good person. He wil be in my thoughts during this time of need.

wrbones
03-19-03, 07:17 AM
Sent the word to my addy book

gylancaster called me this morning and gave me John's number at the hospital. ( 816 ) 781-7200 ask fer the room number JAM posted earlier. I'll call him in a bit myself. Gotta run.

firstsgtmike
03-19-03, 07:36 AM
I need help. I need a volunteer. Mail from here to there can take two weeks. Copy this. Send it. I'll pay the postage.

----------------------

John,

Please hold my hand. Comfort me, as I sit beside you. I am cursed with many fears. Please give me the courage to carry on.
I am afraid. I need your strength. I need your wisdom to help me survive these trying times.

I focus on the things left undone. Teach me to recognize my contribution to the accomplishments on the lives I have touched. Please show me the worth and value of my existance. I beg you, prove to me that my life has not been lived in vain.

And if you need to cite personal experiences to make your point, I will understand.

Please. Take my hand.

Mike Farrell
Cagayan de Oro
Philippinesd

mrbsox
03-19-03, 08:00 AM
Prayers are incoming.

May Gods continued purpose for you in this world (and as you are a part of my world), become evident and fulfilled in your life. May your faith be stronger than the forces which wreck havock upon your body, that you may once again overcome.

Let he among you who has need ask, and it shall be provided unto you, according to his will. His will be done. (paraphrased)

Terry

SheWolf
03-19-03, 09:19 AM
I havent been here that long, and don't remember him,, but I will add him to my prayer list

Armory
03-19-03, 10:29 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him.

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 10:36 AM
I remember flatfoot. He was in the chat a lot. I wondered where he was.

He's in my prayers.

Rock
03-19-03, 04:25 PM
If someone could pass this on to him, I'd greatly appreciate it:

JAG,

If only I could find those "morning flowers" I'm sure they would bring the same smile to you as they do to me. I pray that you will remain strong during this challenging time. You are missed by many already! I hope to hear from you soon!

God bless,
MLW

JAMarine
03-20-03, 02:18 AM
I'm keeping this thing on the front page so the word gets out.

Our Brother is in trouble.

wrbones
03-20-03, 03:23 AM
Liberty, MO VFW

- V-
VFW Post #4043-Liberty
B & H Highways
781-0184William M Berndt, QM
907 Woodridge Lane
781-6965

VFW Auxiliary-Post 4043
Betty Gramblin, Pres.
1114 St. Louis Lot 9
Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
630-1461
TOP to Index

Rock
03-20-03, 10:16 AM
Let's keep this up....he needs all the prayers he can get

Shaffer
03-20-03, 11:30 AM
In case you missed this post:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=27542#post27542

Semper Fi,
Jerry

Sixguns
03-20-03, 01:30 PM
I hope his warrior spirit can help him regain his strength. I miss his input and chat. Perhaps I can send him a CARE package.

SF, Marine.

JAMarine
03-20-03, 06:08 PM
I'm just keeping this On Top for all to see.

Our Brother needs our prayers.

John says Hello! to all.

He is tired but in good spirits. I spoke to John just a bit ago. I took a few minutes to read all the responses in the Post to him. He truely enjoyed the comments. He even laughed a few times.

Thanks from John and thanks from me. John has no family that I know of. He won't be alone if we keep him in our prayers and our thoughts.

Please don't let him be alone.

JAM

JAMarine
03-20-03, 09:23 PM
Back to the Top

Rock
03-20-03, 09:47 PM
Just talked to him. He sounds a bit better today than he did yesterday. He said it looks like he'll be there for about another 6 weeks or so, though.

wrbones
03-21-03, 07:08 AM
bringing this back up for John.

Joyce
03-21-03, 08:54 AM
Thanks for letting us know about a fellow Marine. I will keep him in my prayers. I am sending him a letter... Thanks.

mrbsox
03-23-03, 06:38 PM
Throwing this back up front, for John.

There's a lot going on, but lets NOT forget our own.

Sempers John.

wrbones
03-23-03, 07:01 PM
In a couple days, John should be heading home fer a bit. Look for him in the chat about then.

It seems he hadda turn off the phonein his room the other day so he could get some rest. :D Ya done good folks.

John ain't outta the woods by a long shot. He's just gettin' started.

JAMarine
03-23-03, 08:48 PM
I just spoke to John a few minutes ago. He sounds a lot better than he has since he went into the hospital.

John says the infection in the area around the chest tube that was removed is doing much better. He believes he may come home mid week.

John will return to the hospital in the near future for chemo treatments. He will need our support then for sure.

I called the local VFW in Liberty, MO earlier in the week and left a message and ask for someone to stop by and say hello to John because he does not have any relatives that live close. I received a call from a VFW Chaplin this past Friday. Chaplin Tom Craig went with another VFW member to see John last Thursday and visited. He told me John was tired after 20 minutes or so but an enjoyable visit non the less.

John asked me to say "Hello" to all and thanks to everyone for the prayers, cards and phone calls.

I thank you as well. Even though the future is somewhat cloudy for John, he knows that there are Brothers and Sisters out here for him. That's gotta feel Great.

wrbones
03-23-03, 10:12 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5027&highlight=Flatfoot

greensideout
03-24-03, 06:06 PM
John is making his escape and evasion plans to exit the hosptial and return home tomorrow, Tue. 25th.

Go for it John!

I hope he makes it.

Keep him in your prayers!

mrbsox
03-25-03, 01:15 PM
Bump

greensideout
03-25-03, 06:28 PM
Bones wants everyone to know that flatfoot grabbed up a couple of nurses and headed home today!

:banana:

(Hay, I'm just the messsenger!) :D

Looking forward to his visit home, (here) with us. :)