PDA

View Full Version : Not in the marines

Kalban
06-29-07, 05:52 PM
Heya,
first of all I dunno if this topic is even allowed or not so mods delete\lock if it's not.
anyway, my name is Dror Levi, and I'm from Israel, and I'm currently serving in the IDF.
The point of this topic is just, I'm very interested in comparing notes and stuff, hearing about your training, stuff like that in the marines, how it's like compared to the IDF, what's different bla bla bla.
For anyone who's interested I'm almost 19 years old, currently serving in Unit Oketz. so anyone interested in talking and comparing, PM me with your ICQ aim msn or whatever.
if anyone wants an explanation here about anything related to the IDF I'll be happy to answer.

erased
06-29-07, 06:04 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you to the board.

Kalban
06-29-07, 06:12 PM
are you interested in what I've said?

jetdoc
06-29-07, 07:18 PM
Don't know what IDF training is like Kalban, can you give some examples of your training?

Also, I know you don't know but Marine is always used with an upper case "M" when talking about the USMC. When talking about marine life, such as fish or sharks, then lower case "m" is ok...good luck on your search.

ggyoung
06-29-07, 07:24 PM
Welcome to our Marine site.

Kalban
06-29-07, 07:32 PM
Heya
listen I'm actually pretty busy right now I opened this window by accident actually
if you got AIM or MSN or anything like that I'll be happy to tell you about it later
I feel more comfortable talking about it in private anyway
and sorry I know it's Marines I just don't notice

hrscowboy
06-29-07, 07:48 PM
Loose lips sink ships gentlemen our training is For Marines only..

jetdoc
06-29-07, 07:58 PM

Good point cowboy, :thumbup: . Perhaps speaking in general? Pullups, crunches, 3 mile run and kicking @ss.

mrbsox
06-29-07, 09:13 PM

Maybe I'm just a paranoid old Jarhead, but I would feel better if any and all conversations and information stayed in the open forum.

God
Country
Corps

You first Kalban...
What weapon do you carry, how many rounds do you carry on an assignment, and what is it's rate of fire ?? (rhetorical)

Gentlemen,
Some questions can SOUND generic enough, but some one else answers how many men in a squad, and pretty soon you know how many rounds to expect in a defensive perimeter (sp?).

There was a thread awhile back about 'infiltrators' going into chat rooms and such, to stir discontent and discord.

No... not jetdawgg or 10th.

Osotogary
06-29-07, 09:19 PM
Profile, anyone?

bootlace15
06-29-07, 09:49 PM
terrorist anyone?

SkilletsUSMC
06-30-07, 12:31 AM
...My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

When will you be back?

I can't tell you that. It's classified.

Kalban
06-30-07, 06:34 AM
Ok, to some of the posts here:
I'm not a terrorist, and I'm not trying to get any secret information from you. I was meaning to ask general questions, nothing you're not supposed to tell - I trusted you know what you can tell and what not. what I wanted to ask I can find online on the internet, I just wanted to hear it first hand from a Marine- especially considering that I might one day serve in america as well.
To those who don't believe me still, I understand your suspicions, I'm not forcing anyone to tell me anything, and I'm sure you trust your fellow Marines not to give away secret information. (Just like I won't give away anything but stuff you can find online.. in hebrew of course)
I wasn't gonna ask how many men are in a squad, what weapons you carry or anything like that.
If no one's interested or doesn't trust me enough, that's fine too.

Dror.

jetdoc
06-30-07, 06:44 AM
Kalban, if you go to our website for the USMC recruiting it gives general information about the Marines and bootcamp, etc.

mrbsox
06-30-07, 07:27 AM
Then... you now see that we are an observant, if not untrusting of outsiders breed. We are not timid about speaking our minds, or pointing out others shortcomings.
He!!... we've run a BUNCH of folks away from this site of ours.

But we are Americans, and you are free to ASK your questions. But don't get ruffled if you don't like the answer, IF one is offered. Don't be offended if we ask of you in return.

If you ARE INDEED a defender of your homeland, then we ARE brothers of sort... well maybe more like cusions (sp?).

Kalban
06-30-07, 07:46 AM
Then... you now see that we are an observant, if not untrusting of outsiders breed. We are not timid about speaking our minds, or pointing out others shortcomings.

But we are Americans, and you are free to ASK your questions. But don't get ruffled if you don't like the answer, IF one is offered. Don't be offended if we ask of you in return.

If you ARE INDEED a defender of your homeland, then we ARE brothers of sort... well maybe more like cusions (sp?).

hehe, I'm not so easily scared off. if you heard anything about Israeli rudeness and whatnot - it IS true.
I'm not offended if you ask me anything in return, I said myself that I'm willing to answer any questions regarding the IDF. (of course, if I can't give away these answers, I won't)

I am indeed a defender of my homeland, Israel. I am currently serving in Unit Oketz. Oketz is a special forces unit comprising of the dog handlers. I am only in the middle of my training and I'm not even close to hear the word dog yet, that'll be a while. I've done my 4 months basic training and am almost finished with my 2 and a half months of advanced training- I'm currently home on sickness.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.
Dror.

redneck13
06-30-07, 03:51 PM
:evilgrin: :flag: :iwo: If you want to become a member, as a friend, family of Marine's, fill out your profile, and we'll take a look see. I agree with many of what has been told to you, as a response. Marine's are a tight knit group and we take our brotherhood seriously. Like one said, you can ask, but don't get your feather's ruffled from the answer's. And, we don't like sayin' too much about us to a "foreigner." Just the way it is.

Kalban
06-30-07, 04:49 PM
I did fill out my profile already
Why's it so important anyway?

Marine84
06-30-07, 04:54 PM
LOL!

I got the popcorn.......................AGAIN!

maverickmarine
06-30-07, 04:56 PM
I got some beer...LOL.

Kalban
06-30-07, 05:05 PM
oO are everyone in these forums 30+?

Marine84
06-30-07, 05:13 PM
Pretty much but what difference does THAT make? We were ALL your age one time and, sometimes, those years are the only ones we can remember!

How do you think the younger ones (like yourself) learn anything about the Corps? From us older ones that have done it already.

Kalban
06-30-07, 05:17 PM
Ouch. Sensitive.

Didn't mean that anything's wrong with it, I was just surprised. I was sure that everyone here are around my age.

thedrifter
06-30-07, 05:35 PM
We have Marines which ages from World War II to the Present on this Site...;)

Lots of History here....

Ellie

Kalban
06-30-07, 05:46 PM
Wow. WWII? Seriously? Respect.

Btw, your husband looks... EXACTLY like my wife's dad.. it's scary.

HOLM
06-30-07, 07:24 PM
27 yrs of experience here...

davblay
06-30-07, 07:26 PM
Wow. WWII? Seriously? Respect.

Btw, your husband looks... EXACTLY like my wife's dad.. it's scary.

If you were talking to Ellie, well---------I did hear old FONT did a lot of traveling, where are you from? LOL!

Marine84
07-01-07, 03:58 PM
If you were talking to Ellie, well---------I did hear old FONT did a lot of traveling, where are you from? LOL!

Ellie gonna play AT&T on your a$$ in a minute..............:)

thedrifter
07-01-07, 04:13 PM
Ellie gonna play AT&T on your a$$ in a minute..............:)

;) :D

They do say we have doubles out in this world....

Ellie

rvillac2
07-01-07, 04:44 PM
...My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

When will you be back?

I can't tell you that. It's classified.

The first Airplane movie?

SgtHopperUSMC
07-01-07, 09:49 PM
[quote=mrbsox]Then... you now see that we are an observant, if not untrusting of outsiders breed. We are not timid about speaking our minds, or pointing out others shortcomings.

If you ARE INDEED a defender of your homeland, then we ARE brothers of sort... well maybe more like cusions (sp?).[/quot cousins.....:)

RLeon
07-01-07, 10:30 PM
Hey, how about those hot IDF chicks!...er, I mean soldiers.
http://www.mahal2000.com/information/background/women.jpg
http://cdn.maximonline.com/girls/israeli_defense/israeli-defense-gm_l1.jpg
http://cdn.maximonline.com/girls/israeli_defense/israeli-defense-gm_l3.jpg

davblay
07-01-07, 10:58 PM
That one in the Middle looks like Marine84----in 1984! :beer:

Marine84
07-02-07, 08:12 AM
How did ya'll get that pic of me? I should have known better than to trust you with that film!

SSgt Blue
07-03-07, 03:32 PM
You have to love hot women and guns, dose it get any better?

SSgt Blue
07-03-07, 03:39 PM
Kalban, why don’t you post a picture of your self at school or in training? I know we all have them and cherish those pictures when we were all little shower shoes at one point in our careers as professional gunfighter.

PS- Marine 84 Damb you are looking good.

SSgt Blue
07-03-07, 03:46 PM
Take a look.
http://www.yonitheblogger.com/2006/08/otline_of_some_special_ops_uni.html

Interesting

rickfjr74
07-03-07, 04:00 PM
hmmm......whats this I found about the "Unit" lol quote "the unit primarily mission is gathering field intelligence, often venturing deep into enemy territory." ;) :confused: LMAO:evilgrin:

SkilletsUSMC
07-04-07, 12:20 AM
The first Airplane movie?

You got it!!!:D

USMCmailman
07-10-07, 07:25 PM
Kalban:
1st: You are not a Marine!
2nd: Maybe the Army site can answer your questions!
3rd: GO AWAY!
At ease!
Dismissed! :evilgrin:

Sgt Jim
07-10-07, 08:26 PM
Jim, Sgt,serial no.#######.!!!