PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of 'Semper Fidelis'

fontman
06-29-07, 04:29 PM
The meaning of 'Semper Fidelis' <br />
Source: Oo-rah.com <br />
<br />
For my family, Semper Fidelis is more than a fancy slogan. It is truly a way of life. My father retired from the Marine Corps in the '90s, after...

thedrifter
06-29-07, 05:11 PM
To the Top

sparkie
06-29-07, 05:25 PM
The Marines have made me a blithering idiot. I'm 6'3',,250 lbs 55 yrs old and take no s**t. ff someone ever points a gun at me, he damn well better pull the trigger. I have cried a couple of times here and there... but never so much as when I see the Wall, or see a Marine dead on the news, or when my 17 year old son is making his plans to sign up. Semper FI? yea, you got that right.

sparkie
06-29-07, 05:35 PM
And you know what? Sometimes when my beautiful wife catches me with a tear...she understands.

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 11:23 AM
Marines are imbued with Semper Fidelis, and all it means, and because they lived it for so long, they have difficulty accepting any less from others.

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/okinawa.jpg
http://www.thewednesdayreport.com/twr/Gulfwar/images/iraq2003/capt.1048424120.iraq_us_marines_war_xits108.jpg
http://www.pacom.mil/imagery/archive/0109photos/010907marines-h.jpg

FistFu68
06-30-07, 11:58 AM
:usmc: I WOULD GLADLY GIVE MY LIFE FOR MY FELLOW MARINES :usmc: :iwo:

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 12:18 PM
that you would have to beat to that point. There are no others like us in the world. There is that expectation we have of each other. Once we leave the Corps, we never find it again.

The great thing about being a Marine is that you never lose it (Semper Fi)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/untitled-1.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/FIGHT.jpg

Apache
07-19-07, 07:32 PM
The Marines have moulded my life and Semper Fi is a daily thought usually spoken

FistFu68
07-19-07, 08:15 PM
:usmc: WE DON'T LEAVE OUR DEAD BEHIND :usmc: (NEVER):usmc:

sparkie
07-19-07, 09:00 PM
Baby boy, teen that cares and respects. Young man that wishes the best for all, Marine that joines his dreams, You are my brother.

Phantom Blooper
07-19-07, 09:47 PM
"Semper-Fi Heart"
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Some may wear the uniform
And even look the part
But to truly be a real Marine:evilgrin:
You must have a “Semper-Fi Heart”
This “Heart” is not earned in “Boot Camp”
But is “Developed Along the Way”
And it “Grows” because of “Dedication”
Through “Service” each and every day
“Semper” is Latin for “Always”
“Fidelis” means “Faithful” and “True”
“Faithful” when things don’t go your way
And “Faithful” when they do
You may not understand the rationale
Nor even know the reason why
But the “Mission” will be accomplished
When your “Heart” is “Semper-Fi”:flag:

<!-- / message -->

Scottyva
08-02-07, 04:19 PM
All i can say to that is simply Amen

AmyG
08-07-07, 12:23 AM
Ooh-rah!! Gotta love it. That's what makes the Marine Corps so special, that "Semper Fi". And once a Marine, gosh, the civilian world just looks so different. I would never want to be a regular civilian again. It works for them, but me? I guess I was just always meant to be a Marine. I just love it, and I wouldn't go back for the world.

phantomphixer
08-07-07, 10:55 PM
Semper Fidelis - I will put my life in danger to defend the most left wing anti - American citizen's rights. I would only die for the Marine beside me. This I would do because he would do the same for me.

John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Ian H
10-10-07, 09:18 AM
You guys are cool - just like us.
Per Mare Per Tarram (By Sea By Land) from one of your brothers 'accross the pond'
God Bless - Stay safe
Ian H

Marine84
10-16-07, 08:42 PM
Here's a good meaning of it for you........................

I know ya'll have heard me talk about my Uncle Wallace (1/1 C Co) that died in Vietnam. I've already told the Marines in the Hooch about my trip to Savannah a few weekends ago for the 1/1 reunion and about the guy that drove all the way to the cemetary in Union SC (where Uncle Wallace is buried) and left the challenge coin glued to my Uncle's marker.

38 years after my Uncle's death - this man thought enough of him to go out of his way to do something like that. Here's a couple of shots I took (hopefully they post right)......................the side of the coin that faces up says "I WILL NOT FORGET". It broke my heart ya'll.

That's what I call faithful...............this man only knew my Uncle for 6 months of his life but, remembers him even after 38 years. That's awesome in my book.

sparkie
10-16-07, 08:48 PM
Very Nice

Marine84
10-16-07, 09:28 PM
I thought so too Sparkie.

grampsdw251
11-01-07, 07:22 PM
As the Marine Corps lives, so live its Fallen. The Oath is
forever.

Rich71
11-08-07, 07:38 AM
Forever means an eternity!!! We will all muster on the other side!

Alpha 3rd 116th
12-01-07, 02:59 AM
Long ago American Marines used "By Land By Sea" as a motto. That changed in 1848.
Interestingly the Motto "Semper Fidelis" is also used by two other military organizations that share a similar numeric distinction.
One of them is The Bloody Eleventh. 11th Foot Devonshire Regiment British Army.
The other is the US. Army 11th Infantry Regt.

OLE SARG
12-14-07, 09:14 PM
Me, my Son, and my Grandson all live the creed, ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE!!!!!!! Not only do we have kin love, we have Marine Corps love!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

semperfiman
12-15-07, 12:30 AM
As long as there is a United States of America, there will be United States Marines that means: My brothers and sisters we will live forever.
Semper FI

jarhed2041
12-17-07, 11:41 PM
A Marine I look up to once told me in a business dinner "I don't know much about business and I ain't afraid to admit it but if you want to kill commies I"M YOUR MAN!!!" People that have never been there will never get it because to me that was music to my ears.

matttheriault
12-27-07, 12:10 AM
To the most honorable and brave people on the planet, <br />
<br />
I am the wife of a proud Marine (we don't say &quot;former Marine&quot; in our house). I have always been an extremely patriotic American, and I have...

Big Jim
12-27-07, 12:54 AM
to My Brothers...and Sisters...

Semper Fi!!!

mcvet57103
01-12-08, 09:39 AM
I served honorably for 4 years, and even having left the Marines, I never stopped being a Marine. As a child growing up I was bullied and taunted at every school I attended. But after graduating Boot Camp at 17 years young, I returned to my last school in my newly earned uniform. Never again was I bullied or taunted. When I walked down the school hallway heading for the Principle's office all the kids parted and went quiet as I passed. I never felt more confident, and proud. My principle who had once told me I would never amount to nothin, was impressed. At the next school assembly he almost lost his job by saying that the whole school should learn from my example and join the Marines. LOL SEMPER FI!!! Still a Marine at 50.

mcvet57103
01-12-08, 03:42 PM
This video says it all.

http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm

rowenusmc
01-12-08, 05:54 PM
All right Marines, I see a lot of Semper Fi's here. Here is an opportunity for you to support todays Injured Marines. Checkout my Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund webpage and take action!
Gunny Owen
http://www.active.com/donate/marathonsforsemperfi/owenr

CarryingMarine
01-12-08, 10:11 PM
Ok Guys, I need to tell my story (doesnt get told often),I cam e from a very Christian family and spent most of my youth in private schools, so when I started high school in a public school, you can imagine the teasing and rough time I had, so you can imagine when I told my so called friends that I wanted to be a Marine, I was almost laughed out of school. But One Friend Named Billy decided thats what he wanted too, so we made a team thing out of it, and of coarse when I told my family about it, I was laughed at again, I even had one Aunt that told me at Christmas time in front of all my family that since her Daughter had a rough time in Navy Bootcamp that there was NO WAY I waould be able to make it through Marine Boot, needless to say, when I went to Parris Island, I didnt get letters from the Family only my Parents, and no letters from Friends, but every time I started having troubles or wandering "Why was I there" I remembered what my Aunt had told me at Christmas, and I earned the Title just like everyone else here did, I made my way through Airframe School and became an Aircraft Mechanic, and was having the best time of my life, and now that I am no Longer active, not one single day goes by, I dont wish I was still there, and trust me when I say, Semper Fi, isnt just a statement we say, its like molecules that coarse through our veins with out blood, not only do we take it to heart each and every time, but we will take it to our graves also, it is and will always be a lifestyle that not too many people understand. I have been asked on numerous occasions, why, after 10 years that you been out, do you still feel this way, and all I can do is tell them about our motto, Semper Fi, and they understand. so to all of you who understand SEMPER FI! and those of you who dont, just find your way to the top of this thread and read the meaning our the term and hopefully you to will understand.......

jinelson
01-12-08, 10:23 PM
Outstanding post bro thank you.

Semper Fi

Jim

mcvet57103
01-13-08, 11:05 AM
Ok Guys, I need to tell my story (doesnt get told often),I cam e from a very Christian family and spent most of my youth in private schools, so when I started high school in a public school, you can imagine the teasing and rough time I had, so you can imagine when I told my so called friends that I wanted to be a Marine, I was almost laughed out of school. But One Friend Named Billy decided thats what he wanted too, so we made a team thing out of it, and of coarse when I told my family about it, I was laughed at again, I even had one Aunt that told me at Christmas time in front of all my family that since her Daughter had a rough time in Navy Bootcamp that there was NO WAY I waould be able to make it through Marine Boot, needless to say, when I went to Parris Island, I didnt get letters from the Family only my Parents, and no letters from Friends, but every time I started having troubles or wandering "Why was I there" I remembered what my Aunt had told me at Christmas, and I earned the Title just like everyone else here did, I made my way through Airframe School and became an Aircraft Mechanic, and was having the best time of my life, and now that I am no Longer active, not one single day goes by, I dont wish I was still there, and trust me when I say, Semper Fi, isnt just a statement we say, its like molecules that coarse through our veins with out blood, not only do we take it to heart each and every time, but we will take it to our graves also, it is and will always be a lifestyle that not too many people understand. I have been asked on numerous occasions, why, after 10 years that you been out, do you still feel this way, and all I can do is tell them about our motto, Semper Fi, and they understand. so to all of you who understand SEMPER FI! and those of you who dont, just find your way to the top of this thread and read the meaning our the term and hopefully you to will understand.......

My Dad was also a Marine and encouraged me to enlist. When he passed from this earth I designed his Grave marker. On the front is a Marine Corps Emblem etched into the granite, and because he spent most of his life driving big rigs (even in the Corps) We had a poem about truck driving and a picture of his semi etched on the back side. We also had a Marine Corps emblem put on his burial vault, and rank insignia on the shirt we buried him in. He's been gone for 8 years now and I still miss him every day. He was 64 when he passed and was a Marine :usmc: with Marine values every day he was on the earth.

Terald T
01-20-08, 07:51 AM
Thank you for sharing this link, watched it this AM, must admit got a bit teary-eyed as the Pride coarsed through these Old veins.
:usmc: Semper Fi

This video says it all.

http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm

mcvet57103
01-20-08, 08:18 AM
Thank you for sharing this link, watched it this AM, must admit got a bit teary-eyed as the Pride coarsed through these Old veins.
:usmc: Semper Fi

Yeah, I just watched it again. Chokes me up every time. I think it should be required viewing all schools. And I will retain the link and watch it many more times.

packy46
02-08-08, 10:49 PM
Semper Fidelas...
Requires no explanation, it's the Alpha Omega.
S/F.
Tim.

jrhd97
02-09-08, 08:03 AM
Awsome vid. I was good to go untill the picture of the little girl with the " my daddy my hero" sign. The allergies got going agin. Hard to see things clearly when that happens dang it.

jrhd97
02-09-08, 08:09 AM
....I have been asked on numerous occasions, why, after 10 years that you been out, do you still feel this way, and all I can do is tell them about our motto, Semper Fi, and they understand. so to all of you who understand SEMPER FI! .......

They don't understand, they just except it.
My wife jokes that I never got out, just on leave waiting new orders. After 11 years of marriage ( well a few months shy) she doesnt' understand, but she does except it and shares a certain pride. She has commented about noticing some "Marine" character in our son and daughter.

mcvet57103
02-18-08, 11:08 AM
:banana: Awesome video. Found quite a few videos like this one on youtube and couldn't help shouting OoRaah! and Semper Fi! even though I knew they couldn't hear me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_LTvGSHHh4&feature=related

sgtrock1970
02-18-08, 11:23 AM
Hell my old man was a swabbie in WWII, told me I was a ****ing idiot. He knocked my cover off hugging me when I came home on My first leave. The following is an artcle I found somewhere ( probably...

outlaw3179
02-18-08, 01:24 PM
Semper Fi Marines

rowenusmc
02-20-08, 06:30 AM
All right Marines, I see a lot of Semper Fi's here. Here is an opportunity for you to support todays Injured Marines. Checkout my Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund webpage and take action!
Gunny Owen
http://www.active.com/donate/marathonsforsemperfi/owenr
So, I'm not seeing a lot of support from the Marines here. Whatsupwitdat? Marines, it is not just our priviledge to support today's Marines, it is our duty. Take it as that. Go to the link above and donate some money to those who have paide a high price to own the title MARINE!
S/F
Gunny Owen

Josey Wales
02-24-08, 03:33 PM
Just came aboard - thought I would chime in on this thread.

For me, "Semper Fidelis" is synonymous with "duty"...as in "always on duty."

One of my all-time favorite leadership quotes is from Robert E. Lee, who as a Captain, served with US Marines at Harpers Ferry:

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, and you should never wish to do less."

Think about that. He didn't say, "Do your duty only if everyone else is doing their's."

Though it may frustrate us throughout our tours and lives that others may be half-stepping, we should remain stedfast and ensure our duty is carried out to the fullest.

Fortitudine and Semper Fi Brothers

mcvet57103
02-24-08, 03:41 PM
Hey Josey!
Put some more info in your BIO or I'll wump you with a knotted plow line. LOL Outlaw Josey Wales is one of my fav Movies. Oh and By the way, Semper Fi and welcome. You have found the absolutely coolest web site to mingle with your brothers.

Josey Wales
02-24-08, 03:50 PM
I reckon so...much obliged for the welcome.

mcvet57103
02-28-08, 08:10 PM
you know Marines always say that but would you put your good name on the line to help a fellow marine? i think not we all would die for eachother but would you ever step up and say that something was wrong? would any of you that are so proud to be marines evry pick the losing side of a fight even if it was the right side? how many of you would stand up for justice if it ment turing your back on a friend? your semper fi means nothing if you dont stay faithfull to the ones that need you most

You spout a lot of left wing liberal nutbag BS. I wonder, since you haven't bothered to fill out your BIO, are you one of the Berkley cry babies?? And while I'm at it, learn to spell, or at least proof read your post before you post it.

sparkie
02-29-08, 07:11 PM
Leftbehind,, you got a name? Would I die for a Marine? Thats not the question. I would die for a Buddy. A catagory which you seem to be aceing yourself out of. Would you die for the loosing side? Yea, proved that in Nam. I will decide who needs me the most, It's my life. I give it where I choose. Would I die for some folks on this site? Yea, the ones who would die for me, and there are quite a few, my buddies. Where do your loyalties lie? You're lookin kinda fishy, Don't think I wish to die for you today.

mcvet57103
02-29-08, 07:40 PM
Leftbehind,, you got a name? Would I die for a Marine? Thats not the question. I would die for a Buddy. A catagory which you seem to be aceing yourself out of. Would you die for the loosing side? Yea, proved that in Nam. I will decide who needs me the most, It's my life. I give it where I choose. Would I die for some folks on this site? Yea, the ones who would die for me, and there are quite a few, my buddies. Where do your loyalties lie? You're lookin kinda fishy, Don't think I wish to die for you today.

You said it best Sparkie. That is what defines a Marine. Willing to die for his brothers. If you are willing to sacrifice your civilian attitude and accept the Marine Corps code you are truly my brother. Oooh Raaah!!!!

SGT7477
02-29-08, 08:49 PM
you know Marines always say that but would you put your good name on the line to help a fellow marine? i think not we all would die for eachother but would you ever step up and say that something was wrong? would any of you that are so proud to be marines evry pick the losing side of a fight even if it was the right side? how many of you would stand up for justice if it ment turing your back on a friend? your semper fi means nothing if you dont stay faithfull to the ones that need you most
Are you sure you are A Marine?:evilgrin:

Wyoming
02-29-08, 09:36 PM

Ban me for bashing a Marine, but **** off punk!!!!!

Marine84
02-29-08, 09:45 PM

Humpf..................you're a Marine son. When you signed that contract, you gave up all your rights to think of the difference between right and wrong just to do it the Corps' way - doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong. I don't think they even pass out questionaires.

I feel a story comin' on - please, tell us why you feel left behind................

mcvet57103
03-01-08, 06:01 AM
sorry i am a little drunk today and a little angry but i feel left behind bc the marine corps choose to support the idiot that beat me up a sgt mjr saw my bruses and he knew about my beating and said nothing nco's knew about it and said nothing and i was made out to be a crapy marine i left not bc i didnt want to serve i love what the usmc stands for but i think that the Marines of today choose the easy road and choose not to stand up for the weak and yes i was weak i will be the first to admit i was scared and weak but they truned their back on me and that i will never forgive or forget.

Lets see if I have this right. You claim to still be in the Marines yet according to your now posted BIO you say you work as a "Hooters Girl". But you also say in the quote above that you left the Marines. So which is it? Something smells rotten, :sick: and it ain't coming from the mess hall.

Marine84
03-01-08, 06:51 AM
Brandy, hopefully when you step back in here, you'll be sober enough to fill up all the holes in your story so far.

I'm not going to hijack the thread - I'm taking this conversation to the Hooch....................................

Riven37
03-01-08, 07:07 AM
The United States Marine Corps adopted the motto, Semper Fidelis in 1883, on the initiative of Colonel Charles McCawley (January 29, 1827 – October 13, 1891), the 8th Commandant of the Marine Corps.

There were three mottos prior to Semper Fidelis including "Fortitudine" (meaning "with courage") antedating the War of 1812, which was a nod to the British Royal Marines, "Per Mare, Per Terram" ("by sea, by land") and, up until 1843, there was also the motto "To the Shores of Tripoli". "Semper fidelis" signifies the dedication and loyalty that individual Marines are expected to have for "Corps and Country", even after leaving service. The Marines frequently shorten the motto to "Semper Fi."

Riven37
03-01-08, 07:17 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t04wT6GQf6M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t04wT6GQf6M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Semper Fi

mcvet57103
03-04-08, 05:14 PM
Brandy, hopefully when you step back in here, you'll be sober enough to fill up all the holes in your story so far.

I'm not going to hijack the thread - I'm taking this conversation to the Hooch....................................

Hey! I'm fairly new to this site. What is the "hooch" and how do I get there?

Marine84
03-04-08, 07:19 PM
OOPS! Almost goofed.......................

In the forums, look for the Marine Only - Chesty's Hooch is in there. It's just for us and we can talk like Marines.;)

mcvet57103
03-04-08, 07:27 PM
OOPS! Almost goofed.......................

In the forums, look for the Marine Only - Chesty's Hooch is in there. It's just for us and we can talk like Marines.;)

thanks

E5NAMKROW
03-04-08, 10:47 PM
Semper Fi

OLD_SALT
03-08-08, 06:20 PM
Not being a Marine, I hope that I am not out of order here. I was following a conversation on a local forum, when a Navy Corpsman who served in Vietnam, used the term "Semper Fi". He was jumped on by one of the other members (who was in the Army) for using "Semper Fi" and not being a Marine.

I served in Vietnam 1n 67-68 (U.S. Navy SAR), and knew a few "Fleet Marines". Each one had the same story. They took care of their Marines, and their Marines took care of them.

So is it wrong for a Navy Corpsman to say "Semper Fi"?

Thanks,
Mike

Wyoming
03-08-08, 06:38 PM
Not being a Marine, I hope that I am not out of order here. I was following a conversation on a local forum, when a Navy Corpsman who served in Vietnam, used the term "Semper Fi". He was jumped on by one of the other members (who was in the Army) for using "Semper Fi" and not being a Marine.

I served in Vietnam 1n 67-68 (U.S. Navy SAR), and knew a few "Fleet Marines". Each one had the same story. They took care of their Marines, and their Marines took care of them.

So is it wrong for a Navy Corpsman to say "Semper Fi"?

Thanks,
Mike

Any Corpsman who has earned the respect of Marines, has the right to say Semper Fidelis.

I could bring one onboard here, that has more stories and tales than a lot of Marines, spent 20 some years in, wore the Marine green, and has every right to say it anytime he damm well pleases.

mcvet57103
03-08-08, 07:19 PM
Any Corpsman who has earned the respect of Marines, has the right to say Semper Fidelis.

I could bring one onboard here, that has more stories and tales than a lot of Marines, spent 20 some years in, wore the Marine green, and has every right to say it anytime he damm well pleases.

I would go one further and say any soldier regardless of service who voluntarily serves in harms way deserves our respect and admiration in the form of Semper Fi.
My step-son who is leaving for his 4th tour (3 in Iraq) next week, this one in Afganistan and by the way he continues to reenlist, deserves the title Semper Fi.
He has had three chances to get out of the Army and has re-uped knowing he would be sent again.
I sign off from I.M.s with him by using that Marine Corps moniker.
He knows of my branch of service and respects me for it. He also tells me stories of joint operations with the Marines, and how he has a deep respect for their commitment and determination.

So I say all who have the heart of a warrior deserve a resounding SEMPER FI !!!!

SGT7477
03-08-08, 08:08 PM
Very true Marines,Semper FI.

OLD_SALT
03-08-08, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful answers gentlemen. I appreciate your time in doing so.

gardnerbob57103, A young man who just moved with his bride up the road from me (I live in the backwoods of w. Tennessee where a close neighbor is a mile up the road) was out working on his property, so I stopped to introduce myself.

I was wearing my Vietnam Ball Cap with my (Navy) Lieutenant bars on it. I knew he was a member of the military from the get-go because he stood at attention while I introduced myself.

Anyway, after he told me he was in the National Guard, I asked him if he had been deployed yet. He served one tour in Iraq, and told me that after he finished his school (Junior College) he is putting in for another tour. He also mentioned the joint service cooperation in Iraq, and spoke kindly of all Branches there.

I guess I gave him a swelled head, when I told him that I believe that the men and women of today's military, are the strongest, fastest, smartest, most courageous and most patriotic than any that I have seen in my lifetime.

I'm telling you, it amazes me each time I meet one of these heroes. We are damned lucky to have them. Please pass along this Old Salt's best to your son gardnerbob57103, and please reinforce the fact their country is proud of him.

Mike

mcvet57103
03-08-08, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful answers gentlemen. I appreciate your time in doing so.

gardnerbob57103, A young man who just moved with his bride up the road from me (I live in the backwoods of w. Tennessee where a close neighbor is a mile up the road) was out working on his property, so I stopped to introduce myself.

I was wearing my Vietnam Ball Cap with my (Navy) Lieutenant bars on it. I knew he was a member of the military from the get-go because he stood at attention while I introduced myself.

Anyway, after he told me he was in the National Guard, I asked him if he had been deployed yet. He served one tour in Iraq, and told me that after he finished his school (Junior College) he is putting in for another tour. He also mentioned the joint service cooperation in Iraq, and spoke kindly of all Branches there.

I guess I gave him a swelled head, when I told him that I believe that the men and women of today's military, are the strongest, fastest, smartest, most courageous and most patriotic than any that I have seen in my lifetime.

I'm telling you, it amazes me each time I meet one of these heroes. We are damned lucky to have them. Please pass along this Old Salt's best to your son gardnerbob57103, and please reinforce the fact their country is proud of him.

Mike

Your response brought tears to my eyes, and a thank you from the mother of my step-son.

(her words)Thank you, as former Army herself, it helps makes her feel better knowing that she has partners in her support and worriy for her son.

mcvet57103
03-08-08, 08:35 PM
Your response brought tears to my eyes, and a thank you from the mother of my step-son.

(her words)Thank you, as former Army herself, it helps makes her feel better knowing that she has partners in her support and worriy for her son.

Sorry for the typos.

OLD_SALT
03-08-08, 08:42 PM
You and your Bride are quit welcome, and as not to hijack this thread, may this old swab jockey get away with saying.... SEMPER FI

Mike

mcvet57103
03-08-08, 08:48 PM
You and your Bride are quit welcome, and as not to hijack this thread, may this old swab jockey get away with saying.... SEMPER FI

Mike

Hey old salt. Semper Fi for being there.

JRHD72
04-11-08, 09:22 PM
At The End Of Flags Of Our Fathers There Is A Statement I Believe That Truly Reflects "semper Fi". We Fight For Our Country, But We Die For The Guy On The Left, The Guy On Our Right And The Person Behind Us! I Tried To Reup In 91 But They Told Me My Az Was To Old. I Would Return To Duty Today Without Hesitation N My Az Iz Even Older.

sparkie
04-11-08, 09:31 PM
You can give your life for the ones you love,,,,,, All else ain't worth your time.

Gary Hall
04-17-08, 04:00 PM
(In the USMC). Because of Marines such as my Drill Instructor SSGT Douglas D. Gardner 288139, who spent all of WWII except for the first 17 days, as a Japanese POW, (along with 700 Marines of the 1st Def. Bn. on Wake Island). He prevailed, after 44 months of captivity. A little later as I and about 60 odd other civilian ****birds tried to stand at attention at MCRD San Diego before him, Sgt. Gardner got our attention when he said: "... you people are uneducated, undisciplined and unmotovated, ... " (long pause as he looked us over and continued ), "... and we have a place for you." Although I didn't know what he meant at the moment I soon found out (and remember his wisdom to this day). It became my destiny to carry an M-1 rifle (US Rifle Cal 30) for the next 5 years. Which was the best medicine I ever took. I recommend it. I have seen and benefitted from the USMC styled light. I would therefore vote for us all carrying ((concealed or unconcealed but licensed, (this means trained) weapons.)) As do my friends the Israelis. I believe the evidence is that the streets would become more civilized, compared to what we have to contend with today. For you doubters, I suggest reading Professor and Lawyer at Yale University's first book MORE GUNS - LESS CRIME. We may see this development yet.
Vote for John McCain. It may be that being a 4 - 5 year POW might tend to make one angry, right Marines? Kindest regards & SF, Gary Hall.

BasilSands
05-15-08, 06:44 PM
Sixty years after his discharge, my Grandfather could still quote the General Orders, still knew how to set up a patrol, and still talked of the men he served with in the 40's. When he was in his...

Jim Oliver
05-28-08, 09:54 PM
No doubt.

All who serve in harm's way deserve the Semper Fi signature.

Dalton Brasel
07-15-08, 07:19 PM
Iam proud and motivated to know that I will someday serve with such men.

Sgt Baker
08-06-08, 05:57 PM
I now know I have come back home! Thanks Ellie for this web site. I couldn't quite figure out why I was so different. I guess I had forgotten, or maybe misplaced what made me - me. Thank you for reminding me! I know where home is now!

mcvet57103
08-06-08, 07:59 PM
it doesn't matter if you served in peace time, or time of war, the fact is you served your country. We all knew the price we might have to pay. To those who gave the ultimate, I am forever gratful. For those who served and remain

mcvet57103
08-06-08, 08:12 PM
test

mcvet57103
08-07-08, 04:23 AM
it doesn't matter if you served in peace time, or time of war, the fact is you served your country. We all knew the price we might have to pay. To those who gave the ultimate, I am forever gratful. For those who served and remainThis is an attempt to finish the post quoted above as for some odd reason my computer decided to shut down in the middle of my thought. What I was trying to convey is It does not matter if you served in peace time or during time of war, the fact is you served your country. We all knew the price we might have to pay. To those who gave the ultimate, I am forever grateful. For those who served, got out, or remain in I also am forever grateful. Whether you volunteered or were drafted does not take away from the sacrifices made. We are all Marines. Semper Fi

Vir Bellum
08-07-08, 08:29 AM
Semper Fi........

We will never be alone, we are our brothers keeper, we are the sheppards.

We are Marines.

tripledog
08-07-08, 11:52 AM
Having read this thread, WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, and not ashamed to admit it. The one fact that impresses me is , we are a brotherhood, that no man nor woman can understand or enjoy without living the life. It is a bond that cannot be broken even in death nor the threat of death.

May god bless the Marine Corps and its brotherhood.

mcvet57103
08-07-08, 08:33 PM
Having read this thread, WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, and not ashamed to admit it. The one fact that impresses me is , we are a brotherhood, that no man nor woman can understand or enjoy without living the life. It is a bond that cannot be broken even in death nor the threat of death.

May god bless the Marine Corps and its brotherhood.OooohRaaaah!!!

ecfree
08-07-08, 08:39 PM

May god bless the Marine Corps and its brotherhood.

:thumbup:

ronr418
10-04-08, 09:59 PM
I'm with you fist. Semper Fi Devildogs.

ronr418
10-04-08, 10:21 PM
Just who is this leftbehind217 character? Sounds to me like someone needs to go to the weeds for some EMI.

gunfighter
12-12-08, 02:07 PM
to me and my wife Semper Fidelis is not just a few words from a supposed dead language from centuries long past.It is a way of life to friends and family and to all our servicemen and women. It is a devotion to a cause that is bigger than we could ever hope to be. It is a simple thing made bigger by the people who take those words and keeps the faith and standing guard over a nation that has called on them to do a job.
Very simply it is the heart of who and what I am and what my wife holds dear to her heart that is me.:iwo:

gunfighter
12-12-08, 03:34 PM
to me and my wife Semper Fidelis is not just a few words from a supposed dead language from centuries long past.It is a way of life to friends and family and to all our servicemen and women. It is a devotion to a cause that is bigger than we could ever hope to be. It is a simple thing made bigger by the people who take those words and keeps the faith and standing guard over a nation that has called on them to do a job.
Very simply it is the heart of who and what I am and what my wife holds dear to her heart that is me.:iwo:

mcvet57103
12-21-08, 01:08 PM
Semper Fi Marines. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this Christmas Holliday, and all the days between this one and the next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeS6FzJ5Vs&watch_response

SGT7477
12-21-08, 01:45 PM
Very touching, God Bless The United States Marine Corps.

jerryk
12-21-08, 04:35 PM
i live by semper fidels,and my son also along with my father and my brother we all have, cause we all are U.S.MARINES

redman1
01-02-09, 03:45 AM
Just joined today, this is my first thread
Once A Marine Always A Marine
I always sign my e-mails with Semper Fi
In everything I have ever done joining the Corps in 68 and serving in Nam is the BEST thing I've ever done.
Proud to be a former Marine
I am an electrician and wear a Marine Bull Dog Cap to work everyday
At age 59 and been out since 72, Marine blood still flows in my veins.
Semper Fi

mcvet57103
01-02-09, 06:05 AM
Just joined today, this is my first thread
Once A Marine Always A Marine
I always sign my e-mails with Semper Fi
In everything I have ever done joining the Corps in 68 and serving in Nam is the BEST thing I've ever done.
Proud to be a former Marine
I am an electrician and wear a Marine Bull Dog Cap to work everyday
At age 59 and been out since 72, Marine blood still flows in my veins.
Semper FiWecome abourd Red. We've been waiting for you. Pull up a chair and have a beer. :beer: This site can make you laugh, make you cry, and pizz you the f-ck off at times. But one thing never changes. The feeling of finally being back in the barracks with the guys. SF

DocGreek
01-02-09, 06:32 AM
Welcome aboard, Redman! Good to have another former 3rd Mar. Div. Vet! Ashville?? Are we gonna call ya "Billy-Bob??" I've lived in the boondocks, of Florida, for 45 years, this May! PROUD, to call myself a Southerner!!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

OLE SARG
01-02-09, 08:23 AM
Greeting Redman and welcome to the best website on the Internet. We have a great crew here and we are ALL definitely Marines. I know you will enjoy site and look forward to your input!!!!

SEMPER FI BROTHER,

MPMOM
01-29-09, 11:42 PM
because most family support, I can't believe they didn't, I so understand Simper Fi

sgt03gunr
02-06-09, 03:35 AM
Amen to that, Brother. Semper Fidelis

Sgt "A"

390 Mach I
03-05-09, 08:25 PM
&quot;Semper Fidelis&quot; <br />
&quot;Always Faithful&quot; <br />
There is nothing more important or honorable than to know that your brothers/sisters are of the same dedication and commitment and to know that they are faithful...

DocGreek
03-25-09, 11:12 PM
I, like all other Corpsmen, took The Corpsman's Oath. I still stand by that oath, and the Loyalty Oath, I took at my swearing-in ceremony, in Miami, Florida.......TILL I TAKE MY LAST BREATH OF LIFE.......SEMPER FIDELIS......Doc Greek

Jonboyi2001
03-27-09, 04:15 PM
Here's my little story. I came from a really Christian family, my parents don't like guns, I had to actually conn my dad into letting me play paintball. Growing up I got the crap kicked out of me every day at school because I was too nerdy for the cool kids and to dumb for the nerds, this made me fighter. My cousin Rob was always like my big brother since I was the oldest in my family, he would teach me a little martial arts but every time I would scrap with kids I'd get in trouble. Then when I was in 6th grade he joined the 82nd Airborne. I told him flat out that you gotta be nuts to sign your life away to the military...Well then, when I was in 9th I made a decision to be a Marine, my family and friends, including my parents, said that I would or should change my mind before I was 18. On my birthday I walked into the office to tell the principal I would be leaving school early and she said that I wouldn't be allowed, I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Oooohhh Kaaaayyy" At 1100 I just got out of my desk in the middle of class and walked back into that office to say I was leaving. Somehow word that it was my birthday got around and I was taunted and kicked the whole way down the hall. My recruiter was there to pick me up and saw me walking the gauntlet and didn't lift a finger to help. When I got in the office and said I was leaving the principal asked, "Says Who?" I pointed out the little window in the door at my recruiter standing in dress blues and said with the biggest grin you ever saw, "He does." Then without waiting for a dismiss walked back into hall. SSgt Cox looked at me and asked if I was ready, I just replied, "Damn right." and left all those kids looking like they just got kicked in junk by Big Foot. When I finished my 4 years and met some of those people they said they didn't think I would actually go through with it and last. I just looked at 'em and said, "I did 18 years of getting my ass kicked by people like you, and now I know that I can give some back, but I've got more important things than you to do."

Semper Fedelis to me means no matter the odds you always want to say you're a Marine and don't care what people think about it. Or some times when you feel that electric twitch in your spine when you see other Marines or hear about people being oppressed and you feel the urge to go to you closet put on you old cammies, lace and blouse those mud stompers, and crush some skulls.

mcvet57103
03-27-09, 06:51 PM
Semper Fedelis to me means no matter the odds you always want to say you're a Marine and don't care what people think about it. Or some times when you feel that electric twitch in your spine when you see other Marines or hear about people being oppressed and you feel the urge to go to you closet put on you old cammies, lace and blouse those mud stompers, and crush some skulls.Great story Jonboy. Semper Fi. I especially liked this last paragraph. OooohRaaaah!!!!:evilgrin:

SGT7477
03-27-09, 08:33 PM
God, Country, Corps.

mcvet57103
03-27-09, 08:39 PM
God, Country, Corps.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Shrink
07-18-09, 05:18 PM

Probably should leave this alone....but to have others accept it and believe its true presents a false image of who we are as Marines. We have left our dead behind, never willingly and never without guilt which lasts a lifetime. Too many times I've been in situations where to pull a dead Marine off a hill would likely result in another Marine killed or wounded. That makes no more sense than calling a dust-off into an LZ where it may be shot down. But what if you have seriously wounded that will your "Doc" tells you will die before morning unless you get them out within the next hour or so? Your judgment tells you that should you lose a dust-off that night you know you'll not have it available for similar missions the next day. Terrible choices to make, but as the CO or senior Marine on the spot, you owe it to your fellow Marines to make it.

I have written elsewhere of two very close friends, both awarded the MOH for combat at the "Frozen Chosen." In neither case were we able to retrieve their bodies. So, Marines, we do on occasion leave our dead....never willingly, but discretion after all is the better part of valor. Hand salute! Semper Fidelis, Sully

Shrink
07-18-09, 05:24 PM

Probably should leave this alone....but to have others accept it and believe its true presents a false image of who we are as Marines. We have left our dead behind, never willingly and never without guilt which lasts a lifetime. Too many times I've been in situations where to pull a dead Marine off a hill would likely result in another Marine killed or wounded. That makes no more sense than calling a dust-off into an LZ where chances that it will be shot down are something better than 50-59/. But what if you have seriously wounded that will your "Doc" tells you will die before morning unless you get them out within the next hour or so? Your judgment tells you that should you lose a dust-off that night you know you'll not have it available for similar missions the next day. Terrible choices to make, but as the CO or senior Marine on the spot, you owe it to your fellow Marines to make it.

I have written elsewhere of two very close friends, both awarded the MOH for combat at the "Frozen Chosen." In neither case were we able to retrieve their bodies. So, Marines, we do on occasion leave our dead....never willingly, but discretion after all is the better part of valor. Hand salute! Semper Fidelis, Sully

mcvet57103
07-18-09, 10:07 PM
Probably should leave this alone....but to have others accept it and believe its true presents a false image of who we are as Marines. We have left our dead behind, never willingly and never without guilt which lasts a lifetime. Too many times I've been in situations where to pull a dead Marine off a hill would likely result in another Marine killed or wounded. That makes no more sense than calling a dust-off into an LZ where chances that it will be shot down are something better than 50-59/. But what if you have seriously wounded that will your "Doc" tells you will die before morning unless you get them out within the next hour or so? Your judgment tells you that should you lose a dust-off that night you know you'll not have it available for similar missions the next day. Terrible choices to make, but as the CO or senior Marine on the spot, you owe it to your fellow Marines to make it.

I have written elsewhere of two very close friends, both awarded the MOH for combat at the "Frozen Chosen." In neither case were we able to retrieve their bodies. So, Marines, we do on occasion leave our dead....never willingly, but discretion after all is the better part of valor. Hand salute! Semper Fidelis, SullySir, never is any Marines input unqualified on this site. We do not as a rule ever forget, or not retreive our fallen brothers. You are 100% right in your post, but as a rule whenever possible we DO NOT leave our fallen behind. And NEVER do we forget them. SF

Trucrimsongold
08-19-09, 10:43 AM
And you know what? Sometimes when my beautiful wife catches me with a tear...she understands.

My wife was a Marine also so that helps quite a bit in her understanding my way of thinking on many issues.

Semper Fi to me though hard to sum up on a sentence or two I'll try.

It means being there not only in the easy times but in the rough times. It means actually sacraficing everything from your life to your comfort to help a comrade and expecting nothing in return. The difference in a civilian and a Marine is you know a Marine, even if you don't even know who he is will return the favor. I see this all the time in my line of work as a Police Officer. Another awesome thing about being a former Marine is the concept of this thinking can even rub off on the very people you work and hang out with even if they themselves have not one day of a military back ground. and they even start to live by this concept and do not even realize this and it only takes one Marine to bestow this great gift on many he or she is around. Semper Fi is not a motto. It is a way of life. Period

AKA HITMAN
10-07-09, 08:13 AM
I saw an older gentleman with a Marine hat on at the store, appeared to be a WWII vet...I said 'Semper Fi" in passing, he stopped me and thanked me and mentioned that no one in the world would know what it meant except Marines...actually bought me to tears, and I don't cry just for cryings sake.

GIJoeJarhead
01-05-10, 11:31 PM
Hitman, Your post hits on right on the head. There is no better feeling then to see another Marine as your out & about & all you have to say is Semper Fi...after that, its like you were friends since childhood...its a feeling that unless your a Marine, you just don't understand.

kenrobg30
01-29-10, 07:02 PM
On my 79th birthday, My three daughters took my Wife and I to the Marine Corps Museum, in Arlington, Virginia. We all had on scarlet Shirts, with MARINE, printed across the front. when we went inside, We were greeted like family. I've never heard as many Sempre Fi. jn my life,or as many OOOOhRRRAAAWWs. It felt like a family reunion. When we went to the upper deck, I met three Men, in civvies, who were obviously Marines. They turned to look at my wild bunch , and smiled and nodded at me. We struck up a conversation, and They asked where I had served. I told them, and in the course of our conversation, I learned, that I was talking to A Master Gunner, and Two Gunnery Sgts. My wife couldn't get over the way the four of us carried on our conversation. We were talking about Body armour, and the differences from then to now. My wife said, after we returned to the hotel, that it was as if those Marines, and I, had known each other all of our lives.
I told her we did, we were Marines. Now she has some Idea, of what SEMPRE FIDELIS ! Means. :flag: S/F!!! Ken

cball
01-29-10, 08:15 PM
In 1950 me and a couple buddys went and saw a John Wayne movie "The sands of Iwo Jima" I was 13 ,and I knew right then I wanted to be a marine.About that time the Korean conflict broke out but I was still to young to join up. Anyway I turned 17 in Dec. 1953.I was a senior in high school but I was having trouble ,I guess I thought I was smarter than the teachers.I wasn't going to graduate anyway so I became a highschool drop-out.I talked my mom an dad into signing the papers and joined the Corps.Three of us joined and got to PI in May 1954,we all three made it through bootcamp ,they went to advance combat training and I went Air-Prep School and went on to an Aircraft Squadron at Cherry Point..I was an aircraft engine mechanic and worked myself up to Crew Chief ....An Air Wing Marine ,and a proud Marine...now 55 years later ..
CBall

FistFu68
01-29-10, 09:18 PM
:evilgrin: Yo SHRINK were You with India 3/26 in Vietnam 1968??? During my tour We never left One KIA.behind We lost More Marines bringing our Dead Back.But did not leave them either.Oh by the way what were those Two Medal Of Honor Recipents names and Rank.My Father too Fought at the Frozen Chosin.What Regt.@ Bn.@ Company and Plt.were you with Marine? SEMPER FIDELIS :confused: :iwo:

Downey910
01-30-10, 10:13 PM
Hi My name is mike , A Regular Guy wanted the Life But Was Born with to many Birth defects. My Uncle Was a Marine I don't Get to see him any more ,He is gone to Heaven, But He taught me everything i know . When Mom and Dad adopted me
Thay brought me home , after thay got me thay were told I would never live a normial Life, I would never hold a job, I was even thorwn out of a Chatholic school age 7 becuase the nuns Said I couldent learn .

Well Uncle Mike tought me to " Semrer Fi" And Never Give up NEVER

To Day I can remember him With Love and thak Him
Not only Did I get through High School But this year I Got my Daree as A Paramedic
I was On a Vol Fire Department I saw a lot of Stealing there and Turned the evedance over to FBI, Now the Fire Chief his Son and Wife Are in Big Trouble

You may have heard of it thay got 2 hundred Million in Block Grants.
I can't go back there But he would have been prould , I coulden't be a Marine but he tought me the Honesty,courge,and Integrity. I just want to say thanks to all you how and claim the Title Of MARINE I wished I could bee there with you .

redman1
01-31-10, 07:00 AM
I was at the feed store the other day and two old men were loading up feed and I said can I help? So I helped them put the feed into the back of a car. I had my Marine Corps Cap on and the youngest of the two said Semper Fi back to me. We talked and he was in WWII and I think the older of the two was in WWI and just talking to them made cold chills go down my arm. We own the older generation so much. Here I"m 60 and they made me feel like a kid but we all felt like brothers.
What a moment.
Semper Fi Redman

mcvet57103
01-31-10, 08:40 AM
First of all, Thanks Ellie for deleteing the prior post by Downy. I read it last night, and thought "WTF???" but thought it was better to let you Mods handle it.

Buddy, Cool story. I have that happen quite often while wearing one of my many USMC related caps, and/or my USMC jacket. Even the Vets from other branches notice the cap and say hi. I've had Army Vets tell me thanks for saving their azzes in Nam when I mention I was in at the end of Vietnam. I said I wasn't actually in Nam, and they say it don't matter, Marines could always be depended on to be there when the sh*t hit the fan. SF

Rocky C
01-31-10, 08:44 AM
First of all, Thanks Ellie for deleteing the prior post by Downy. I read it last night, and thought "WTF???" but thought it was better to let you Mods handle it.

Buddy, Cool story. I have that happen quite often while wearing one of my many USMC related caps, and/or my USMC jacket. Even the Vets from other branches notice the cap and say hi. I've had Army Vets tell me thanks for saving their azzes in Nam when I mention I was in at the end of Vietnam. I said I wasn't actually in Nam, and they say it don't matter, Marines could always be depended on to be there when the sh*t hit the fan. SF

:usmc::thumbup::usmc:

kenrobg30
01-31-10, 12:01 PM
Right after school started, this past Fall, I went to a 'Winter-Guard' competition, to cheer for two of my grand daughters. As I walked across the floor of the School Gym, I saw three Old man, sitting together talking. They were wearing American Legion hats, and I was wearing my suspenders, with the EGA emblems on them. I was also wearing my Korean vet hat. I nodded, and smiled at them, and they called me over to them. One of them said," Korea vet,Huh?" I said " Yes sir" With a sneer on his face, this said, "****, we were in a real war!" His two buddies laughed. I looked at them for a moment, and turned my back on them and walked away. At the other end of the bleachers, another man, about my age was sitting. Like me, he wore articles of clothing that saqid, he was a Marine. I sat down, just below him, and he leaned over my shoulder. He told me, that he knew those guys, and they were always pulling that crap, on Korean war vets, even at their posts. Turns out, that they are officers, in three Different Legion Posts. This Man was a WW2 and Korea vet. That was why he didn't sit anywhere near them. This Marine, gave me one of his cards, inviting me to join MTWS. He said, he didn't think the three stooges belonged. :flag: S/F!!!! Ken

Ray Merrell
02-01-10, 07:22 AM
Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful

Gung Ho - Work Together

Ray - 11-42 to 12-45

kenrobg30
02-01-10, 02:13 PM
How many remember what a Marine means, When he say "Gung Ho", or "He's got emblems in his eyes"?? I'll bet Ray does. Sempre3 Fidelis Ray!

mcvet57103
02-01-10, 03:57 PM
Well lets see, I believe Gung Ho had several meanings. Such as &quot;Lets Go Men!!&quot;, and When he's &quot;Gung Ho&quot; he's &quot;Motivated&quot;, or it can be yelled to denote approval. As for &quot;He's got emblems in his eyes&quot;...

FistFu68
02-02-10, 01:21 AM
:evilgrin: I remember that I'd take A bullet for my Squad Members in a Heartbeat S/F :evilgrin::flag:

mcvet57103
02-02-10, 06:56 AM
:evilgrin: I remember that I'd take A bullet for my Squad Members in a Heartbeat S/F :evilgrin::flag:Exactly Fist. That is what binds me to my Marine Brothers to this day. Never before or after my time in have I ever had a friend that was willing to fight for me, stand by my side, or be there if the sh*t hit the fan like my friends, and fellow Marines were. And know what it is to be a Marine. SF

kenrobg30
02-02-10, 08:16 AM
You won the fur lined snowball, McV.:marine: S/F!!! Ken

BJKpfaller
02-02-10, 09:05 AM
Semper Fi, now and forever
You can leave the Corps but the Corps never leaves you
3 Things I love more than life itself
My God
My Marine Corps
and My Wife.

dROD20
02-02-10, 01:53 PM
i just read the original thread and i LOVE it! Im pround to have earned the title Marine and proud to have Semper Fidelis tattooed on my chest

buggoffextco
02-02-10, 03:25 PM
Ya know, it's been going on 35 years since I reported to that beautiful, sandy vacation spot known as Parris Island. But some things never change, like the feeling I get when I see a Marine commercial or some brothers in arms in Blues, or hear someone utter the words "Semper Fi" as I walk around with some form of clothing identifying my lineage. There are other times that the feeling really hits hard such as hearing of the death of one of us either from age creeping up, an accident or a combat death. One thing is for sure, I know that no matter where in this great land I go, I can find a brother and it's nice to know someone has my back in case of trouble. Unlike most members of other branches, once we take off the uniform that last time, we don't stop being Marines. That is way too cool. Like I always tell my friends when trying to explain it to them (they just don't get it), "You cut me and i still bleed Marine Corps Green." Semper Fi brothers, Semper Fi...

DocGreek
02-03-10, 07:32 AM
Here's the meaning of "SEMPER FIDELIS"....8546

8547......Bill Charrette and Col. Ripley!!!

doc h fmf
03-06-10, 02:23 PM
The Meaning Of Semper Fi, The Devil Docs And Their Marine Brothers.

Ooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

YLDNDN6
03-26-10, 07:06 PM
Semper Fi. Always faithful. Always. To our God, to our country, and to our Corps. The Marine Corps creates a totally different breed of human being. It instills in these creatures an undying sense of pride. Pride in oneself, in each other, and in all that they can accomplish individually, and as a team. Along with this immense amount of pride, the Marine is also imbued with an unimpeachable sense of honor. Honor that comes from a history steeped in blood and sweat and tears; the tradition of our kind. The Marine proudly honors all those Marines who have gone before. Those who served their country as United States Marines and paved the way, most honorably, for the new few, proud Marines. The Marine is committed, for life, to a higher sense of duty. First to fight, first to serve mankind. First to sacrifice for the good of the nation. And, above all, first to suffer, and to toil, and to give up freedoms that the average citizen takes for granted, daily. First. First in honor. First in duty. First in pride. First. Always.

The United States Marine is molded to be first in all things. To hold those things which are most crucial for a civilized society, as nearest and dearest. The Marine doesn't require constant praise, for ours is a thankless job. The Marine doesn't give so much of himself/herself for riches or gain. Just think of the last paycheck you cashed. The Marine isn't in it for glory or fame. What we achieve for ourselves and our brothers and sisters is satisfaction enough. That is how it has always been, and how it will always be. The Marine simply is, and does, what he or she does because he or she is a Marine, and nothing less than all is expected of them.

This is what we are Always Faithful to. This is at the very core of our souls. This is our reason for being. And this is what it means to be a United States Marine. Semper Fi, brothers and sisters. We are, and will forever remain, the Few, the Proud, the Marines. Oooohh Friggin' Rahhh!!!

FistFu68
03-26-10, 09:55 PM
:usmc: Try too live My life the best I Can Be for My Fellow Brother and Sister MARINES,that did not make it back Home Alive...I owe it to Them no just Myself!!! "You Will Never Be Forgotten" Semper~Fidelis~Jack :usmc: :iwo:

kfisbusy
03-26-10, 11:33 PM
:evilgrin:Just rember if the Army & the Navy look into Heaven streets that they will see the streets are gruided by the UNTIED STATES MARINES. SEMPER FIDELIS MARINES SSGT. Francisco:flag::iwo:.

jp2usmc
06-28-10, 10:41 AM
Attached is actually a photo of the bike I ride to work every day, but by the time I resized it to fit the forum's requirements, it came out really small - no one can see the details!

So, here is the direct link:

P1010199 (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dWwXockqCZk/TCjB6QDTqTI/AAAAAAAACHA/mEtXqlkBkAo/P1010199.JPG)

Once that Marine Corps gets in your blood, its there to stay!

The DUKE
06-28-10, 04:05 PM
Sometimes a most irritable source of conflict in my life, from work to home to children to friends to life in general. I cannot tell a lie, that the words "SEMPER FI" have been just that.
But I wouldnt have it any other way, for the corp taught me to always do my best, no matter what the task. I expect anyone and everyone to do the same in my world, and when they dont I often have to take a step back and humble myself in the knowlege that they wern't Marine trained.
I can only say this , "As iron shapens Iron, so one man sharpens another" so I will always expect the best from those around me even thou I may not always get it.

eyeyoulow
07-28-10, 02:33 AM
I think you need to see this..

This woman deserves our praise and prayers. It brings tears to your eyes!!!
http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock (http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock)

vipere6
07-28-10, 07:25 AM
From onee brother to another we take care of our own always faithful.

Simper Fi.

kenrobg30
07-28-10, 08:24 AM
Some times It's not easy, to think of some people, as Brothers, or Sisters. That is a fact, that very few would argue about. There are those, who annoy me, as i'm sure I annoy them, but most of the people who served, in all military branches. are and were pretty good people. Of course, Marines are better, we all acknowledge that. Sempre Fidelis means, be tolerant of the family you've chosen. Chew on them, but be tolerant. :beer: S/F!!! Ken

charm1110
09-01-10, 03:08 PM
Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful - means a lot of things to me...

when i'm in a pizza place with my family and happen to be wearing a Marine Corps. tee- shirt 2 guys i never seen before come up and start talking to me like we're old friends...my wife and kids don't understand most of the conversation but I do...our parting words are Semper Fi...

when i'm in the parking lot of my kid's school and see an older gentleman with a USMC decal on his car I walk up and introduce myself and find out he's a Korean war veteran...our parting words are Semper Fi...

standing in line at the bank and I see a young man wearing a Marine Corps. tee-shirt...i say Semper Fi...

at a concert the band plays each branches of the armed services hymns...the USMC hymn is played last...the audience is the most reverent and every Marine in earshot stands at attention and faces the music...Semper Fi...

in the evening saying bedtime prayers...thinking about all those before and after me wearing the eagle, globe and anchor...Semper Fi...

It is who we are and what we do no matter how long or short our service, male or female, race, religion, or political party...our common bond with every other Marine starts and ends with SEMPER FI !

SGT DDS
10-22-10, 01:19 AM
Master/Sgt Mark
Greetings & Thank You for posting that.....I knew most but still learned a little as is a part of life. Thank you for your service as well as your brothers,father & family. 1% of our Nation serves today to protect her freedoms. Your family goes over and above and you have our Thanks & respect for that. I read your info and see you were from Wis. I went through your home town several yimrs growing up. I have been all over Wiconsin in my youth skiing & fishing on Lake Winnabago,Wolf River,Green Bay etc., We sti;; go to McNaughton yearly to campout for a week with friends & family. My 2 Uncles came from Wisconsin.One lived in Kimberly (Top Sgt US Army WWII) & Appleton (Pfc USMC WWII Okinawa Vet etc.,) so I spent summers in the Northwoods camping & hearing about Duty, Faithfulness, Honor, Code. It must have leaked into us as my older brother served and was active duty FMF WestPac -then Paris Is. USMCRD Series CO 1stLt USMC "75-79" out then a Capt USMCR. I enlisted in "76-79" did a yr in FMF WesPac /Okie and then finished my time at MCB Pendleton out in June "79" as Sgt USMC. It was & is still what I think of everyday opening my eyes & at light out. My wife of 31+ years know who Chesty Puller is and all the words to the Marine Corps Hymn. My cousins son joined the Corps & he did a tour in Afganastan then Okie & now out. My chest was popping several buttons when we saw him after Graduation PI. Just thought I would take a minute to drop in & saw Hi, Thanks & God Bless You & Yours.

"Semper Fi"
David SGTDDS
"76-79" USMC

SGT DDS
10-22-10, 01:46 AM
Master/Sgt Mark
Greetings & Thank You for posting that.....I knew most but still learned a little as is a part of life. Thank you for your service as well as your brothers,father & family. 1% of our Nation serves today to protect her freedoms. Your family goes over and above and you have our Thanks & respect for that. I read your info and see you were from Wisconsin. I went through your home town several times growing up. I have been all over Wisconsin in my youth camping, waterskiing & fishing on Lake Winnabago, Wolf River,Green Bay etc., We still to this day go to McNaughton, Wisconsin yearly to camp out for a week with friends & family. My 2 Uncles came from Wisconsin. One lived in Kimberly (Top Sgt US Army WWII) & another in Appleton (Pfc USMC WWII Okinawa Vet etc.,) so I spent summers in the Northwoods camping & hearing about Duty, Faithfulness, Honor, Code. My dad had polio as a kid so he was deemed 4F when WWII came around but still tried to join up but no go. So it must have leaked into us as my Dad surrounded his two sons with men who modeled the good thing about this country. We ended ip both being Eagle Scouts and my dad took his turn as Scout Master. Then onto High school to Collegiate sports and both sons into the Corps.
My older brother Mike served active duty FMF WestPac -then Paris Is. USMCRD- Series CO- 1stLt USMC "75-79" then out & into the reserves finishing as a Capt USMCR. I enlisted in "76-79" did a year in FMF WesPac Okinawa then finished my time at MCB Pendleton in a Grunt Plt. Out in June "79" as Sgt USMC.

It was & is still what I think of everyday opening my eyes & at light out. My wife of 31+ years know who Chesty Puller is and all the words to the Marine Corps Hymn. My friends all know I was & still am a Marine. My cousins son joined the Corps a few years back & he did a tour in Afganastan then Okie & now out. My chest was popping several buttons when we saw him after Graduation PI. Yeah Semper Fi kinda grows on ya and gets into your pores really deep. So just thought I would take a minute to drop in & saw Hi, Thanks & God Bless You & Yours. We pray for all the Men & Women in the Service of our Country....but I have to admit that when we get to tne part of our prayer for Marines I stand a little taller & straighter as I say the word MARINES!

"Semper Fi"
David SGTDDS
"76-79" USMC
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BJKpfaller
10-26-10, 08:54 AM
Semper Fi
I was asked once what do we Marines mean when we say Semper Fi. I had to explain to this civilan that Semper
fi is short for Semper Fidelis which means always faithful. and that means always faithful to God, Our Country, our Corps and our Fqamilies and friends. Semper fi to me is not just a Motto it's a way of life. And it's been that way since I earned the title on May 15th 1965 Plt. 1134 Pariss Isalnd S.C
Semper fi

Beck
11-02-10, 08:42 PM
My son joined the Army some 15 years ago. He has 3 tours of Iraq duty behind him. He is E7 - Sgt 1st Class (same as GySgt). He was blown up in a convoy going to Baghdad airport. The convoy (Army) left him behind. The next day, a Marine patrol came upon him and his trashed vehicle. The Marines picked him up, and said "Soldier, you are going home with US"! My son was taken to Ramstein Germany and then Ft. Hood to recoup. In the Marines, EVERYONE goes home. Dead or alive, EVERYONE goes home. That's SEMPER FI !

ShannonL
11-03-10, 12:46 AM
My son joined the Army some 15 years ago. He has 3 tours of Iraq duty behind him. He is E7 - Sgt 1st Class (same as GySgt). He was blown up in a convoy going to Baghdad airport. The convoy (Army) left him behind. The next day, a Marine patrol came upon him and his trashed vehicle. The Marines picked him up, and said "Soldier, you are going home with US"! My son was taken to Ramstein Germany and then Ft. Hood to recoup. In the Marines, EVERYONE goes home. Dead or alive, EVERYONE goes home. That's SEMPER FI !

Thats the true meaning of honour! The anceint warriors always brought the fallen home. Marines are a modern version of the old world warrior. To leave a man behind, suffering or dead on enemy territory is disrepectful. The commanding officer of that convoy should be ashamed.

jp2usmc
11-03-10, 08:21 AM
Hi Beck. Thanks for the post, and welcome.