PDA

View Full Version : Back for a quick update.

SkilletsUSMC
06-29-07, 02:28 PM
Hey Marines.

Ive been without internet access for a while now, but I had to stop in here to tell you guys some stuff.

Myself and 14 other Marines from the 1st Marine Division just got back from Hawthorn Nevada, where we were testing out some pretty cool new gear. The Marine Corps has put out an urgent need for a thermal site that can be mounted on an M16/M4 and still utilize the ACOG(RCO). There were three vendors submitting thier product.

I can tell you that the optic that was the favorite with every Marine there was absolutley amazing. For those of you who have used our current PAS-13, you will be quite happy with this new optic. All three of the optics were up and ready to work in about 2 seconds, and doesnt need to self cool, unlike the PAS which took forever. It runs on 2 3V lithium batteries for 7 hours, but can run on 1 for 3. It only weighs a pound and can see a fellow Marine flipping the bird at 300m. The BZO on your acog is not affected at all and I was pinging 10" swinger targets at 300M all night.

I know If I had this site when I was in Iraq, it would have been worth its weight in gold. For those of you who are going back to the sandbox, you should have this thing pretty soon. I wish i had some pictures but they were pretty uptight about photos or even telling us who made what optic.

Thats all for now.

BTW, I actually won some money gambling while I was there.:D

SSgt Blue
06-29-07, 03:46 PM
Hope to see it in the armory soon, going back in 60-90 days for round three.

SkilletsUSMC
06-29-07, 03:49 PM
Hope to see it in the armory soon, going back in 60-90 days for round three.

The word the Captain gave us is that the Marines in country will RIP them to what ever unit replaces them. His goal was one per squad, and maybe even 1 per team.

Good luck!

thedrifter
06-29-07, 04:04 PM
Great to see You Marine...

Have Fun and Be Safe!

Ellie

003XXMarineDAD
06-29-07, 04:17 PM
My son is heading back over in soon. He can use all the help he gets.
:D