PDA

View Full Version : Looks like AIPAC will get tough now.....

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 10:02 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=698 colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD width=698 colSpan=2><!--area Type="main" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" size="2" color="#000000" style="0"--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle background=/imagelib/sitebuilder/layout/spacer.gif> (http://www.muckrakerreport.com/id299.html)

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle background=/imagelib/sitebuilder/layout/spacer.gif></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

An Interview with Presidential Candidate Congressman Ron Paul

Muckraker Report: Each year, the U.S. gives billions of dollars in foreign aid to Israel, which, many academics have argued, not only fuels anger and hostility towards the United States among Muslims in the Middle East, but places a heavy burden on the U.S. taxpayer. As president, would you do anything to address this imbalance in America’s foreign aid policy?

Congressman Ron Paul: I’m with the academics on this one. Anyone who is even remotely aware of the facts knows that American foreign policy in the Middle East has stirred up enormous anger among Muslims, our support for Israel included, and you’re correct to say that it’s the American taxpayer who’s shouldering much of the burden. Also, the sanctions in Iraq during Clinton’s presidency, which killed nearly as many Iraqis as have died under the Bush presidency, and the presence of our military bases in Saudi Arabia – together with the situation in Israel, these actions are used by extremists and jihadists as justification for killing Americans.

Just look at bin Laden’s public statements throughout the nineties. Can you imagine what it would be like if parts of the United States were occupied by a foreign power, if China was building military bases the size of the Vatican in Kansas? People would be up in arms! This isn’t to say that we “invited” the attacks of 9/11, or any other terrorist attacks, but simply that our policy decisions have certain consequences that we might wish to avoid. The CIA has given a name for this – “blowback.” This was the subject of my recent disagreement with Rudy Giuliani in the debate, who has no idea what he’s talking about.

On a global playing field, deeds can have a way of rebounding on the doer, which is why the older imperial powers tended to be very cautious in their dealings with strange peoples in foreign lands. The Clinton and Bush administrations have been absolutely incompetent in comparison. This doesn’t mean that I’m against the idea of spreading the concept of freedom, just not with the barrel of a gun.

Like I said, my solution would be to follow the wisdom of the Founders, which means a non-interventionist foreign policy, getting rid of foreign aid to all nations, including Israel. We ought to lead by example, not by coercion or special interest: this was what the Founders had in mind.

<O:p</O:p

http://www.rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.muckrakerr eport.com%2Fid447.html

<!--"''"-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 01:02 PM
voted against the war In Iraq

Non interventionist Foreign Policy

Wants to cut insane amount of aid to Israel which produces anger among Muslim community

Shut down GTMO

Opposes certain lobbying groups having more influence than others

Free markets

Opposes NAFTA gov't mananged trade

Cut the IRS and lower taxes

Pro Life

Low beauracracy in education and gov't

Opposes amnesty for illegals

Against Nat ID card

Not satisfied with 911 report

The more I see and hear, the better he looks and sounds

erased
06-29-07, 01:37 PM
The more I see and hear, the better he looks and sounds

Agreed. The fact that he voted against the Enabling... ahem... Patriot Act speaks volumes.

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 01:51 PM
erased he is the only republican that is really using his brain right now. I know that he is a Dr.

It really shows. He is so far ahead of the pack right now. They are doing the best they can to ban him from the upcoming events. You know that he is doing well when they do things like that.

We really need to bring in a sane Foreign Policy. I don't think the democrats will do that. They are all over AIPAC and the people are sick of our tax dollars going there.

Ron Paul has a set as he showed Rudy last month:D

hrscowboy
06-29-07, 03:23 PM
Ask me if I give a rats behind about a bunch of Muslims.

Ask me if i give a rats arse if Israel nukes the arses that keep bothering them.

Killem all and lets end this crap..

SSgt Blue
06-29-07, 03:41 PM
Cowboy I'm with you. I still think the US and Isreal need to team up and clean house in the middle east. Anyone else on board for that ?

drumcorpssnare
06-29-07, 03:42 PM
Jetdawgg- Let me guess...? Let's assume Ron Paul gets elected, AND he is able to implement his entire campaign platform. (Just for the sake of debate)

Are we to believe everything will just get all warm and fuzzy? Everyone will love everyone; all the problems will go away? The Islamic terrorists, worldwide, will put away their bombs and quit killing innocent people, right?

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

drumcorpssnare
06-29-07, 03:50 PM
...and BTW, when the day comes that America cuts off all funding to Israel, they will stand alone in the world. That will force them to defend themselves to the fullest extent, just to ensure their survival. Their nukes will be on alert, 24/7, forever.
And whoever raises so much as a finger against them...well, I just hope they do whatever is necessary to protect themselves.:evilgrin:

sparkie
06-29-07, 05:04 PM
Abandon Gods Chosen and you may be abandoned as well.'One Nation Under God' almost doesn't apply any more anyway.

erased
06-29-07, 06:02 PM
Yeah, of course! Become 1000 times worse than the terrorists in order to fix everything. You guys are getting a little extreme... that Klan meeting just finish up?

OLE SARG
06-29-07, 07:27 PM
Am I hearing some PC crap?????????????

Drum - I love the "warm and fuzzy" comment.

SEMPER FI,

hrscowboy
06-29-07, 07:45 PM
Erased you wouldnt Know a Klan member if he was standing right in front of you Come on down and i will introduce you to some and well see if you can walk the walk or talk the talk..

greensideout
06-29-07, 07:53 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=698 colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD width=698 colSpan=2><!--area Type="main" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" size="2" color="#000000" style="0"--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle background=/imagelib/sitebuilder/layout/spacer.gif> (http://www.muckrakerreport.com/id299.html)

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle background=/imagelib/sitebuilder/layout/spacer.gif></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

An Interview with Presidential Candidate Congressman Ron Paul

Muckraker Report: Each year, the U.S. gives billions of dollars in foreign aid to Israel, which, many academics have argued, not only fuels anger and hostility towards the United States among Muslims in the Middle East, but places a heavy burden on the U.S. taxpayer. As president, would you do anything to address this imbalance in America’s foreign aid policy?

Congressman Ron Paul: I’m with the academics on this one. Anyone who is even remotely aware of the facts knows that American foreign policy in the Middle East has stirred up enormous anger among Muslims, our support for Israel included, and you’re correct to say that it’s the American taxpayer who’s shouldering much of the burden. Also, the sanctions in Iraq during Clinton’s presidency, which killed nearly as many Iraqis as have died under the Bush presidency, and the presence of our military bases in Saudi Arabia – together with the situation in Israel, these actions are used by extremists and jihadists as justification for killing Americans.

Just look at bin Laden’s public statements throughout the nineties. Can you imagine what it would be like if parts of the United States were occupied by a foreign power, if China was building military bases the size of the Vatican in Kansas? People would be up in arms! This isn’t to say that we “invited” the attacks of 9/11, or any other terrorist attacks, but simply that our policy decisions have certain consequences that we might wish to avoid. The CIA has given a name for this – “blowback.” This was the subject of my recent disagreement with Rudy Giuliani in the debate, who has no idea what he’s talking about.

On a global playing field, deeds can have a way of rebounding on the doer, which is why the older imperial powers tended to be very cautious in their dealings with strange peoples in foreign lands. The Clinton and Bush administrations have been absolutely incompetent in comparison. This doesn’t mean that I’m against the idea of spreading the concept of freedom, just not with the barrel of a gun.

Like I said, my solution would be to follow the wisdom of the Founders, which means a non-interventionist foreign policy, getting rid of foreign aid to all nations, including Israel. We ought to lead by example, not by coercion or special interest: this was what the Founders had in mind.

<O:p</O:p

http://www.rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.muckrakerr eport.com%2Fid447.html

<!--"''"-->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's always good to study both sides of an issue. Since Ron Paul is talking about Israel, let's have another's comments and views----

http://joelrosenberg.blogspot.com

erased
06-29-07, 09:52 PM
Erased you wouldnt Know a Klan member if he was standing right in front of you Come on down and i will introduce you to some and well see if you can walk the walk or talk the talk..

Ah, how cute, someone has internet balls. What talk and walk? All I said is you maniacs are suggesting genocide in order to fight terror.

As for "PC crap"... it's pretty sad that anyone not calling for a holocaust is being "PC". I don't give a damn about these people, but there's no reason to wipe out an entire race to save yourself some trouble in the future.

OLE SARG
06-29-07, 10:03 PM
The PC remark was made toward you and not the ****ing holocaust. I don't give a damn about these people either but nobody said anything about wiping out an entire race or at least I did not!

SEMPER FI,

erased
06-29-07, 10:08 PM
How was I being PC?

hrscowboy
06-30-07, 04:15 AM
No body said anything about whiping out an entire race just a bunch of gall darn radicals is what needs to be whiped out. And as far as internet balls erased i can back my balls anytime any where any place, We are old school Marine Corps we have been there and done the walk and the talk and 99% of the talk never worked, The only thing that made believers out of alot of them was the fact Marines went in and killed everything that walked, talked, or breathed.. But you have too Many do gooders today to let you really do your job that you where trained to do..

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 09:19 AM
Jetdawgg- Let me guess...? Let's assume Ron Paul gets elected, AND he is able to implement his entire campaign platform. (Just for the sake of debate)

Are we to believe everything will just get all warm and fuzzy? Everyone will love everyone; all the problems will go away? The Islamic terrorists, worldwide, will put away their bombs and quit killing innocent people, right?

For the sake of this argument, due to the current failure of our foreign policy, we will still have to deal with Chavez, Russia, N Korea, Darfur, Nigeria and any number of other threats that have been ignored (or allowed to get out of hand) by this admin.

Oh yeah, maybe even look for bin Laden and kill him.

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 09:21 AM
...and BTW, when the day comes that America cuts off all funding to Israel, they will stand alone in the world. That will force them to defend themselves to the fullest extent, just to ensure their survival. Their nukes will be on alert, 24/7, forever.
And whoever raises so much as a finger against them...well, I just hope they do whatever is necessary to protect themselves.:evilgrin:

I really doubt if 'all' the funding gets cut off. I do believe it will be reigned in and AIPAc will not be able to exert as much influence on the USA Foreign Policy.

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 09:22 AM
Abandon Gods Chosen and you may be abandoned as well.'One Nation Under God' almost doesn't apply any more anyway.

It more about having control of American taxpayer dollars.

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 09:24 AM
The PC remark was made toward you and not the ****ing holocaust. I don't give a damn about these people either but nobody said anything about wiping out an entire race or at least I did not!

SEMPER FI,

Those thoughts are littered about this forum. Just not by you

jetdawgg
06-30-07, 09:28 AM
No body said anything about whiping out an entire race just a bunch of gall darn radicals is what needs to be whiped out. And as far as internet balls erased i can back my balls anytime any where any place, We are old school Marine Corps we have been there and done the walk and the talk and 99% of the talk never worked, The only thing that made believers out of alot of them was the fact Marines went in and killed everything that walked, talked, or breathed.. But you have too Many do gooders today to let you really do your job that you where trained to do..

hrs, I am as bloodthirsty as any other Marine. I still walk the streets waiting for any idiot to act up (NYC).

I just don't support idiotic policies like the one this admin has presented. Like I posted a few weeks back, they could not spell P-L-A-N if you spotted them the P, the L and the A...