PDA

View Full Version : Senate blocks immigration bill

jetdawgg
06-28-07, 12:34 PM
WASHINGTON - The Senate drove a stake Thursday through President Bush's plan to legalize millions of unlawful immigrants, likely postponing major action on immigration until after the 2008 elections....

crate78
06-28-07, 02:30 PM
"Congress really needs to prove to the American people that it can come together on hard issues," Bush said.

I think Bush had it backwards. The American people are proving to Congress that American people can come together on hard issues.

MHO.

crate

jetdawgg
06-28-07, 03:40 PM
"Congress really needs to prove to the American people that it can come together on hard issues," Bush said.

I think Bush had it backwards. The American people are proving to Congress that American people can come together on hard issues.

MHO.

crate

No doubt and this one is a major win for the people. We need to press the laws that we now have in place. Who needs more gov't?.

Glad to see some of these democrats had some spine. Most of them are the new ones voted in last Nov. I am an independent. I only care that the political figure votes responsibly

Big OOOOHHHRRRAAAHH to ya Crate:usmc:

jetdawgg
06-28-07, 03:45 PM
"Year after year, we've had the broken borders," said Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass. "Year after year, we've seen the exploitation of workers."

This guy was a major proponenet of this bill. He wanted to include 400K "guest" workers (H1-B Visa).

How long has he been a senator now?

drumcorpssnare
06-28-07, 04:03 PM
jetdawgg- Kennedy has been in office too long. His family's money got him elected.
IMO, term-limits are a necessity.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

jetdawgg
06-28-07, 04:06 PM
I think that he has been a senator since I was in elementary school last CENTURY:D .

This is worse than CORPORATE WELFARE......He is a welfare KING:usmc:

OLE SARG
06-28-07, 05:17 PM
I repeat - two Kennedys assassinated and both times they got the wrong Kennedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ggyoung
06-28-07, 05:52 PM
OLE SARG++++++++++You have that right.

rheinmark187
06-28-07, 06:00 PM
it's laughable that this president wants to prosecute a war on terror, and leave our southern border wide open for anyone who can get here to obtain a Z visa. It's disgusting how my family and many other's I know (I'm a first generation american) are getting a slap on the face by doing the right thing and coming here legally.

On top of it all, something like 1 in 10 Mexicans now live in the United States, this bill would make the idea of Sovereignty meaningless. The Mexican gov't loves our lack of border enforcement because remissions (money from the U.S.) is the largest source of income in that country. The gov't of Mexico loves how we're supporting it, because that means it can continue to be corrupt and incompetent. The Mex. Gov't can also continue to blame the "yankee" for it's failure to enact reforms. Mexico is the richest country in latin america, and has plenty of oil and natural gas. The people are so poor because the Spanish civic law that is written into the DNA of that country, is inferior and inherantly discriminatory. By allowing millions of Mexican citizens to come here and work instead of barring entry, the U.S. is acting as a pressure relief valve, for the corrupt and incompetent mexican gov't. It's a pressure relief valve because many more people would be calling for change if conditions in that country weren't artifically mitigated by Our U.S. dollars.

hrscowboy
06-28-07, 06:48 PM
The people have spoken to the Congress if they want to keep there jobs they better listen more to the people..

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 09:19 AM
I heard from some SC Marines that Lindsay Graham is in trouble. He backed McCain and now this.

This time he has aligned himself with Ted Kennedy. How conservative is that?
At least some of the new dems voted the right way. They really are independents and know what type of voters elected them.

As indiependents we really have power in America. We make the congress work for our votes. The democrats will see in the next election that we wanted this war over and they failed to even "Cut and Run"

rheinmark187
06-30-07, 03:51 PM
they are calling him "the former senator lindsay graham" on the Laura Ingram show. Former Senator Trenet Lott too.:bunny:

huey guns
06-30-07, 09:45 PM
Kennedy wrote the first bill back in '65, still can't get it right. The Dems. can't cut and run, it will get worse over there and then it will be on their watch, which they don't want either.

LCPLE3
07-01-07, 02:28 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/lcple3/echo_park-one_legged_duck-0797.jpg

OLE SARG
07-01-07, 10:26 AM
I can't think of ANYTHING FATASS kennedy has gotten right!!!!!!!! He can't even drive over a bridge right and still hasn't learned how to swim!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
07-01-07, 01:39 PM
http://www.politicaldogs.org/blogphotos/ted-kennedy-abu-ghraib-prison.jpg