PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Salutes Bernard Shaw During the Sunset Parade

thedrifter
06-28-07, 11:16 AM
United States Marine Corps News
Marine Corps Salutes Bernard Shaw During the Sunset Parade

WASHINGTON, June 27 PRNewswire-USNewswire — The United States Marine Corps honored the career of Bernard Shaw, a former Marine turned award-winning journalist, on Tuesday, June 26, during the Sunset Parade at the Marine Corps War Memorial. "I am surprised and pleased to be honored by the Marine Corps," stated Bernard Shaw. "While discipline started in my home, the Marine Corps enhanced that value, which became essential in my career as a journalist."

As the parade's honored guest, Shaw joined fellow Marines at the Marine Corps War Memorial to pay tribute to all Marines who have served their nation, past and present. "Bernard Shaw served his country with great integrity as a Marine, a model citizen, and certainly as an accomplished journalist," noted Brigadier General Richard T. Tryon, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command. "His career embodied our core values of honor, courage, and commitment, and the Marine Corps proudly salutes him."

The Sunset Parade offered an audio and visual display of pride and patriotism, including music by the United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps, a precision drill by the Silent Drill Platoon, and Bernard Shaw alongside the Parade Reviewing Officials.

About the U. S. Marine Corps

The Marine Corps, within the Department of the Navy, is organized as a general purpose "force in readiness" to support national needs. Deploying for combat as combined-arms Marine air-ground task forces (MAGTFs), the Marine Corps provides the National Command Authorities (NCA) with a responsive force that can conduct operations across the spectrum of conflict with approximately 180,000 active and 40,000 reserve Marines as of 2007.

SOURCE United States Marine Corps

Ellie