PDA

View Full Version : Baggage In Limbo- Help!

maverickmarine
06-27-07, 10:44 PM
Okay, we just spent a week in upstate New York with family and on Sunday we were getting squared away to head home when we found out that Northwest Airlines cancelled our flight. The only thing they could do for us was put us on a flight to Chicago with United and then from there to Austin with American. Well, guess what didn't arrive with us? Yep, our freakin' luggage. So, since Sunday we have spent hours on the phone with both airlines and of course each one is blaming the other and United apparently never routed the bags on to Austin from Chicago but since American brought us to Austin, they don't want to and basically won't do anything for us. American says they have sent message after message. Not even getting into the fact that when we call it's at least an hour wait to speak to someone who doesn't even speak English. We have been lied to and everyone seems like they don't want to do their job or help us at all. We just need and want our freakin' bags but can't seem to get anyone to do anything. So, our bags just sit in Chicago and we have reached the end of what we can do. My question is, and please excuse any spelling or grammar errors as they have driven me to drink, does anyone know anyone that can help us out or do you have any insight into what we can do to get this squared away? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am freakin' ****ed and have no idea what I can do at this point. :mad: I have an idea of what I want to do but in the nasty civilian world my Marine Corps ways don't go over well. LOL.

3077India
06-28-07, 12:06 AM
Try sending the CEOs of both Airlines a great big bag of s**t along with a letter explaining how the s**t represents the kind of service you received from them. :p

Sorry, I'm unable to provide the kind of help you need. Hope all works out to your satisfaction.

yellowwing
06-28-07, 02:08 AM
'I have an idea of what I want to do but in the nasty civilian world my Marine Corps ways don't go over well. LOL."

Don't worry they are now getting it jammed hard and sideways: :scared:

Northwest Airlines shares fall after cancellations
Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:24 PM BST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Northwest Airlines Corp. shares fell sharply on Wednesday after an usually high number of flight cancellations that the carrier's pilots union attributed to insufficient staffing.

Northwest Airlines' shares declined more than 7 percent in early New York Stock Exchange trade, but had recovered somewhat by late morning.

On average from Friday to Monday, Northwest canceled 10.7 percent of mainline flights, according to a statement released by the airline on Tuesday. In May, Northwest completed 99.1 percent of its scheduled mainline flights.

The No. 5 U.S. airline blamed the cancellations on air traffic control restrictions, severe summer weather and a high level of pilot absenteeism.

A spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association told Reuters on Tuesday that worker fatigue was the cause of the cancellations.

He said there were not enough pilots to fly the heavy summer schedule without exceeding the limits on flying set by their contract and the Federal Aviation Administration.

I hope you get your seabags ASAP!

Zulu 36
06-28-07, 06:44 AM
The beauty of a free market economy. It punishes crap service faster than any government agency could do.