PDA

View Full Version : Is it UN-PATRIOTIC to be FOR the "war?"

HOLM
06-27-07, 08:44 AM
In response to further understand the question...

Is it UN-PATRIOTIC to be against the "war?"
I think it is important to simply ask the inverse.

3077India
06-27-07, 11:26 AM
I infer that this question is in reference to those persons who are incapable of distinguishing between supporting the troops (this includes what they do) and opposing the war (that is to say the politicians who put them in harms way) from blindly accepting the war regardless of the lies told by the CIC.:p

jetdawgg
06-27-07, 11:29 AM
I don't think that it is a question of patriotism. I find it more a question of ideals.

Do you support a country, a nation (USA) or do you support a structure and the failed effort here?

erased
06-27-07, 11:46 AM
Voted "No". I don't think my love (or anyone else's) of this country has anything to do with supporting (or not supporting) this war. If this war had something to do with protecting the sovereignty of our nation, that'd be a different story. I love this country, and would give my life to defending it, but people fail to see that our government and our nation are two separate things.

3077India
06-27-07, 11:54 AM
Voted "No". I don't think my love (or anyone else's) of this country has anything to do with supporting (or not supporting) this war. If this war had something to do with protecting the sovereignty of our nation, that'd be a different story. I love this country, and would give my life to defending it, but people fail to see that our government and our nation are two separate things.Well said!!!! :banana: :thumbup:

jetdawgg
06-27-07, 11:57 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/Marines.jpg

drumcorpssnare
06-27-07, 01:10 PM
I would venture to say that had this war gone differently...i.e. "immediately after the fall of Baghdad, the insurgents capitulate, and a successful democracy is installed." all the nay-sayers would instead be saying, "This is great! Good for the US of A ! G W is the best!!!"
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

003XXMarineDAD
06-27-07, 01:49 PM
I would venture to say that had this war gone differently...i.e. "immediately after the fall of Baghdad, the insurgents capitulate, and a successful democracy is installed." all the nay-sayers would instead be saying, "This is great! Good for the US of A ! G W is the best!!!"
drumcorpssnare:usmc:
<!-- / message -->

Drums they would never have taken the rose colored kumbuya glasses off long enough to do that.
I would go futher to say many are still mad a hell about 2000.
Those will never even admit 9/11 happen.
But by darn the water is rising because of the CO not the suns help.
Heck if they are true to their cause lets take all the troops out of Iraq and send them to Dafur to make them happy.
You just know the fighting there will not be as bloody Iraq according to the MSM.
:D

AndersonA
06-27-07, 04:33 PM
It's Yes and it's also no. If you're a Serviceman/women and your country calls you to arms, it's your duty, no your responsibility to do what has been asked of you, not for yourself, but for your country.

If the United States, goes to war, it doesn't mean you have to join the Services (thoughs it's highly asked of you) but, we do ask you to support it by taking time to do things in your communitys. (e.g. if there's a wife of someone who's on deployeement, I believe it's the right thing to comfort her)

If you choose to be un-patriotic about the War, than so be it, your the one that'll get into arguments with either Servicemen/women or with civilians.

JCam0331
06-28-07, 09:24 AM
I answered no to the previous poll and no to this poll.

Your love for country does not hinge on whether you support of oppose her military actions

rheinmark187
06-28-07, 06:07 PM
I answered no to the previous poll and no to this poll.

Your love for country does not hinge on whether you support of oppose her military actions

especially for the people who live far away from economic and political nerve centers of the U.S. and the rest of the western world Amirite?

Osotogary
06-28-07, 07:07 PM
War? What war? To my knowledge there has been no declaration of war. I'm all for "getting", by any means, those entities and supporters of those folks who were responsible for 911...no questions asked, as well as anybody, governing, religious based or otherwise, that would plan or initiate harm to the citizenry of these United States.
Methods? I'd start with and continue with un-conventional warfare (the black arts..as it were) supported by conventional warfare. PC? Out of the question! Fight to win or don't fight at all.
Anybody ever read about William Donovan or Col. Rex Applegate, Fairbain(?) and Sykes and the OSS? Those folks did not fool around.
Hells, bells. Hey, I am just a runt who happens to have read some compared to you members who have actually been in the mix (substitute word). In a sense my opinion doesn't mean squat but as an "outsider", sheat, it just frustrates the bejezzus out of me why ...for one, Osama Bin Laden, even though he is just a figurehead, hasn't been caught or neutralized to date. I can't believe that William Jefferson Clinton, while attending a golf tournament, had the opportunity to authorize a "take care of" action regarding OBL but procrastinated passed the opportunity window.
Announcing, via media, the date of military operations(that dosesn't work against guerilla warfare proponents unless it is a believable feint); pulling out of secured and strategic hard fought real estate that was hard fought won; not firing upon mosques where arms firing has been directed towards US troops....examples, just to mention a few.
What do I know about warfare? Nothing but I can't help but think that there are alot of folks out there that have similiar sentiments.
I don't believe that I am un-patriotic because I don't like the "war". Am I un-patriotic because I say that I don't like the way this war is being fought on the homeland and overseas? It is a fragmented effort instead of a unified one.
Combine efforts, in all manners, to secure victory or don't shed American lives.
Gary

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 09:28 AM
It is a fragmented effort instead of a unified one.
Combine efforts, in all manners, to secure victory or don't shed American lives.

OOOHHHRRRAAAAAHHHH:usmc:

HOLM
06-29-07, 09:50 AM
It is a fragmented effort instead of a unified one.

OOOHHHRRRAAAAAHHHH:usmc:

nice... Coming from a fragmentor...

BIn LAden says...

Supporting the jihad in Palestine with one's life, money, and opinion is the individual duty of every Muslim because Palestine was a land of Islam that was occupied by the infidels. This means that its liberation and the reinstatement of Islamic rule there is the individual duty of every Muslim as unanimously decided by the nation's scholars. And such is the case with every land occupied by infidels

talking about his media campaign

Aims At Creating Pressure From The American People On The American Government To Stop Their Campaign Against Afghanistan

It has been made clear during our defending and fighting against the American enemy that this enemy's combat strategy is heavily dependent on the psychological aspect of war due to its large and efficient media apparatus and of course its indiscriminate aerial bombing which hides the cowardice and lack of fighting spirit of the American soldier. … Likewise, let me remind you of the defeat of the American forces in Beirut in 1982, soon after the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, when the Lebanese resistance was personified by the truck laden with explosives that struck the main military base of the US Marines in Beirut, killing 242 soldiers – towards Hell was their destination and what an evil destination that is."

I now address my speech to the whole of the Islamic nation: Listen and understand. The issue is big and the misfortune is momentous. The most important and serious issue today for the whole world is this Third World War, which the Crusader-Zionist coalition began against the Islamic nation. It is raging in the land of the two rivers. The world's millstone and pillar is in Baghdad, the capital of the caliphate.

" ZAWAHIRI: "So we must think for a long time about our next steps and how we want to attain it, and it is my humble opinion that the Jihad in Iraq requires several incremental goals: The first stage: Expel the Americans from Iraq. The second stage: Establish an Islamic authority or amirate, then develop it and support it until it achieves the level of a caliphate – over as much territory as you can to spread its power in Iraq … The third stage: Extend the jihad wave to the secular countries neighboring Iraq. The fourth stage: It may coincide with what came before: the clash with Israel, because Israel was established only to challenge any new Islamic entity." (Complete Text Of Al-Zawahiri Letter To Al-Zarqawi, 7/9/05,

But not to worry jet.. That is probably just a bunch of "neo con" propaganda.

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 10:03 AM
But not to worry jet.. That is probably just a bunch of "neo con" propaganda

FIX'd News Channel!!!!:D

HOLM
06-29-07, 10:14 AM
FIX'd News Channel!!!!:D

OHHH So that is how it ended up all over Al jezzeera and Iraqnian News networks..

Those damn "neo cons" are good... :confused: