PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp

03Infantry
03-17-03, 06:47 PM
Hey all poolees one of the poolees here on leatherneck is getting ready to go to bootcamp. He is being harassed by people and they are saying he can't make it and he is feeling down. Lets put him up. Here is his email XxTxRebelxX@aol.com write him and give him some motivation.

Soon2BkidTx
03-17-03, 08:56 PM
LOL....i was wondering why other people were emailing me lol...Well im just at a loss of words right now....03Infantry.....dude....you kick serious butt....i hope to meet you one day and just shake your hand....You and every1 else i have talked to on this site, and who has talked to me on aol, or emailed me....Seriously.....Yall have heart, and that something that can bever be taken away...We WILL ALL do fine...and i appreciate every motivation yall have giving me, other Poolees, and yourself...KICK like i know yall will.....

wrbones
03-17-03, 08:59 PM
Soon2B, just tell them to quit their friggin' whinin' and sign on the dotted line or shut up.

I think you can do it. Just stay the course.

Don't let the bastards get ya down.

dikatry
03-17-03, 11:26 PM
YOU WILL!!!

JChristin
03-17-03, 11:55 PM
You've got what it takes boy!

They might not.

Some will, some won't, so what!

YOU WILL!

Besides, I need a new Marine brother to hassle! even if it is only via email and forum postings!

semper fi
jchristin

ktriplett
03-18-03, 01:25 AM
People getting you down? Telling you you're making a mistake? That's because they know nothing. Just today, someone had the audacity to tell me that I'm "a foolish, idiot kid making stupid, childish decisions" for joining the Marine Corps. When I asked him why he was working as a cashier at a second-rate grocery store at age 43, he didn't seem to have anything else to say. Don't let them bother you. Their strong words are not meant in spite, but jealousy that they don't have the same determintation and heart that you have. You and I have talked. I know you're gonna make it and when you do, they'll be kissing your backside.
Do you have a definite date yet?

wrbones
03-18-03, 01:51 AM
LMAO @ you ktriplett. Yer gettin' to be Hard Corps.

Watch yer ass when ya hit boot, bud! LMAO. The DI's love that ****! LOL.

I agree with what ya did. He had it comin'.

22DevilPup87
03-18-03, 08:56 AM
I'll be graduating high school about three weeks before turning 17. My parents won't even consider signing for me to go in as enlisted. They said if I want to go they'll support me in ROTC or a service academy to become an officer, but they wouldn't sign for me to ship to Parris Island. I don't want to wait until I'm 18 to start. My country needs me now ... at least soon. So I figured I'd work with what I had and shoot for the Naval Academy.

Now I'm working hard to get to Annapolis and how do you think my parents are reacting? My dad randomly sings the song about the Navy and how you're stuck in the Navy, the government owns you, etc. My mom says that in the Marine Corps (and all branches of the military) I'll be giving up my freedom of thought. Apparently she thinks that structure means no one thinks.

...of course I get the, "You can't make it remarks," from just about everyone else as well. "How are you gonna lose 35 pounds?" "Do you know what it takes to be a Marine?" Oh, and my favorite one from my 17 year old cousin who just got out of JuV, "Jess, I've been away. You don't want to do it. You don't want people tellin' you what to do and when to do it and how to do it, too. I did it and let me tell ya, it was hell. I don't think you could make it through boot camp let alone four years of that at the Naval Academy! Stop bein' a silly little girl and do something like become a vet."

So now the American public is comparing Marine training to prison ... interesting, eh?

Barrio_rat
03-18-03, 11:41 AM
Sounds like they are afraid you will accomplish something they were unwilling or unable to do them selves... and you'll be doing it without them - hopefully, once you do make it to the academy, they will be more supportive and proud of you and your determination. Stay on track, yer doin' fine....

22DevilPup87
03-18-03, 11:56 AM
Thank you, Sergeant. People's comments don't typically bother me. I tend to get a good laugh out of them.

Sort of like in ktriplett's post:
"Just today, someone had the audacity to tell me that I'm "a foolish, idiot kid making stupid, childish decisions" for joining the Marine Corps. When I asked him why he was working as a cashier at a second-rate grocery store at age 43, he didn't seem to have anything else to say. "

At least I have a good sense of humor.

Soon2BkidTx
03-18-03, 12:00 PM
Well thanks for all your words bringing me more confidence...and 22devilpup...ever hear that Marines are just crazy and brainwashed....heres an idea....once you get home and all your family is around....all of a sudden you stare in one spot for a long time....till every notices and there all like what the hell? Once this occurs start freaking screaming, yelling, and chasing every1...lol....it will be the fasted way to get every1 out of the house lol....and will be the funniest damn thing in your whole life seeing your whole family freak out running snd screaming cuase they think your going crazy and are going to kill them lol....my cousin (Former Marine) did that....lol...i wasent there...but i heard about it....lol....ooooooooo we will all do fine, just keep your confidence up, and dont let any1 get you done....and remember once you get to boot....they break up down before they build you up.....so dont get stressed out...take it easy...later bros and sis's

Brian

MRowan
03-18-03, 12:15 PM
OOOOHRAAAH!!!!! Stay motivated!! don't let some people that will never earn the title get you down. every poolee can make it if they just believe they can. no one can make you fail but you, and also no one can make you succeed but you. keep your eyes on the prize and you WILL earn the title.

Semper Fi, To the Corps.
Mark Rowan

marine6674
03-18-03, 01:54 PM
22devilpup87
want to really freak them out grab a towel and soap and run outside to take a shower in the rain. your family and friends will think you are nuts but you are not your a MARINE.
goodluck you can do it. remember yes sir, no sir aye aye sir.
wipe that smile off your face an't nothing funny here.And don't eyeball anyone.

Semper-Fi
marine6674

wrbones
03-18-03, 02:52 PM
So...uh...what's wrong with takin' a shower in the rain...

...except fer not gettin' a hot shower I mean?

dikatry
03-18-03, 02:53 PM
22devilpup87: I had a friend that had a hard freshman year and was over weight. His sophomore year he decided to get his grades up and get in shape to try to get into the Naval Academy. Only his parents and those of us who were on the same weightlifting team as him believed in him, every one else told him it was a ridiculous idea and he couldn’t do it. Needless to say later that year he places third in the AAU Jr. Olympics for weightlifting and three years later guess where he is? Annapolis!!! I saw him for winter vacation and he says its very hard work but he loves it. Keep trying and go for it.

Also, Ive been getting this a lot from people lately "You joined at the wrong time. You just gonna get shipped to Iraq and get killed" Any one else been getting that?

I just say, "I joined at the perfect time to help my country and I wont get killed, I'll be doin the killin" they get a weird look on their face and shut up.

wrbones
03-18-03, 02:56 PM
Damn, dikatry! There might be hope for you yet!

03Infantry
03-18-03, 03:49 PM
Brian you have the heart and have what it takes. Just make sure your recruiter can get the address (your bootcamp address) to use on this site so we can send you some motivation!!!

wrbones
03-18-03, 04:55 PM
" ...I won't get killed, I'll be doin' the killin'."

dikatry
03-18-03, 05:09 PM
I know what he meant. I was joking. What you wrote make no sense. When did i disrespect a higher rank? When did I not do what I was told? when did I ask why? How do you know how much heart I have? You dont know the crap ive gone through and made it through. That whole last post I made was joking, thats what the little smiley faces are for. Your coming on here and trying to chew me out like you've allready made it through boot camp and you know what its all about, you havent, neither have I. No matter what any one tells us, neither of us will fully know what its gonna be like untill we make it through.

Oh, and I know that heart is the most important part of making it through, but I think a little bit of being a bad ass and being a little bit crazy helps too. As long as you can take orders and listen, which ive been doing my whole life.

Ive got a friend that I grew up with and played football and wrestled with. whos crazy as hell and real mean. He went to boot last june and was a guide the whole time and graduated #2 and a Lance Corporal.

Any way no hard feelings, Im just defending my self

yeah wrbones: I knew thats what you were talking about.

Soon2BkidTx
03-18-03, 05:17 PM
Well i wasent trying to chew you out, BRO, but i have seen wrbones already chew you out...and i know you were joking...i was just trying to give you some friendly advice on what to do and what not to do cuase it seems like you still dont know...but im seriously not going to go down to your lever and try to have an argument over the Internet, and specially not disrespect this site and its moderators....you know what you have to do so do it.....and honestly im glad your friend has made it...good for him....i have like 5 family members that are Former Marines, but they arent gonna help me make it.....only yourself can make yourself make it, just like only yourself can make you quit...

oo And anyway no hard feeling, Im just trying to help a brother out!

wrbones
03-18-03, 05:19 PM
Be careful, Soon2B! I've chewed on you once or twice myself! :D

You boys need to go do some PT and work some of that off. It's all good.

Soon2BkidTx
03-18-03, 05:21 PM
how many pushups should i do...no wait just tell me when your tired!!!!

1-2-3 ONE!!! 1-2-3 TWO!!!!!1-2-3 THREE!!!!1-2-3 FOUR!!!!!!

dikatry
03-18-03, 05:30 PM
Yeah wrbones, I have wrestling practice and then jiu-jitsu practice after this. Ill work it off

22DevilPup87
03-18-03, 07:58 PM
I leave for a few hours and look at what I missed!

03Infantry
03-18-03, 08:06 PM
Man good thing for moderators in this forum (just a joke).....oh and Brian your family members are still Marines. They are unless they disown their country or the Marines or if they die. Well at least everyone is getting along again.

ktriplett
03-18-03, 08:13 PM
Teamwork, dammit! We're a team, not a bunch of hoodlums!
Hehe...you kids better quit arguing so much, or I'll spank all o' ya!! :D :banana:

03Infantry
03-18-03, 08:15 PM
HAHAHA

ktriplett
03-18-03, 08:18 PM
BTW: I get that "You joined at the wrong time" crap too. You know what I tell them?

"Code of Conduct Article I: I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."

Soon2BkidTx
03-18-03, 09:22 PM
Geez i love that quote ktriplett.....OOOOHHHRAAAHHH i got chills, i dont wanna miss the fight....

and Matt....my family....all Former....two have passed, and Ones old, and my two cousins that just got out of the Marines might be leaving to Kuwait, or at least they want to....Once a Marine, Always a Marine.....Semper Fi and God bless!!!

03Infantry
03-18-03, 09:30 PM
That is tight. I only have one Uncle that is a Marine and fought in vietnam. Sorry to hear about the two that passed.

Soon2BkidTx
03-18-03, 10:18 PM
Thanks bro....yea my Grandfather lived threw WWII and Korea....strong man right there, good man too, mentally strong...was 84 and had Cancer....walked 5 miles a day until he couldnt anymore....but now i know hes in a place where theres no more pain....and my Uncle passed in Veitnam...Good Men...The best....God Bless...and hopefully they watch over me on my journey to become a Marine....

Semper Fi

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 09:06 AM
They'll be there watchin' over ya the whole way.

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 09:10 AM
I'll be the first Marine in my family. I'll be making it a full house.
My grandfather was in the Air Force.
My uncle was in the Army.
My cousin was in the Navy.

I'll also be the first female in the military in my family.

I can't wait.

wrbones
03-19-03, 09:13 AM
Well, I might be makin' a mistake sayin' this, but there's about a half dozen of you kids I wouldn't a minded havin' in my unit with me.

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 09:27 AM
As long as I'm part of that half dozen there's no mistake in sayin' that. ;)

Soon2BkidTx
03-19-03, 01:39 PM
aye aye Sir....Thank you Sir..

I hope to have a Unit filled with Fine, good hearted people like you all once im a Marine....

JChristin
03-19-03, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 22DevilPup87
I'll be the first Marine in my family. I'll be making it a full house.
My grandfather was in the Air Force.
My uncle was in the Army.
My cousin was in the Navy.

I'll also be the first female in the military in my family.

I can't wait.

I was the first woman Marine in our family too!

When I arrived home from PI, my mother and sister couldn't believe their eyes. The pride that evaded our home was thick. Nothin' in my life has counted so much to me as that moment - that is until I had my two sons, but that was much later. I use to joke with my boys that when they were born, they assumed the position and stood on line!

As a woman Marine, you can do anything, at anytime, under any condition, and meet any cause. You will have the ability to tackle situations that use to baffle you. You will...

semper fi,
jchristin

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 03:08 PM
Yes, ma'am. I will.

I'm sure it was a pretty amazing thing to be a "first" in a positive light in your family.

03Infantry
03-19-03, 04:02 PM
Brian you will

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 05:10 PM
03Infantry's right on that.

Soon2BkidTx
03-20-03, 11:02 AM
Matt......i got infantry....OOOOOOHHRRAAAAAHHHHHH...You and me kid....you watch my back and ill watch yours....SEMPERFI!!!

22DevilPup87
03-20-03, 11:14 AM
Congrats, Brian! I'm going to have my fingers crossed for you but I'm glad you got your first choice.

...I doubt there's anythin' better than bein' a Marine -and- having a job ya love.

03Infantry
03-20-03, 04:21 PM
I got ya back Brian........oooooohhhhhrahhhhh infantry

JChristin
03-21-03, 01:00 AM
first things first,

gotta earn something first!

but me got the faith...you will each earn the greatest title in all the world!

enjoy the moment, the work is coming.

semper fi
jchristin

03Infantry
03-21-03, 08:41 AM
I wanna work!!!!!!!!!

young_dog19
03-21-03, 04:35 PM
In the words of Winston Churchill: "Never, never, never give up." And a few of my own: "You are who you believe you are, don't let anyone persuade you otherwise."

03Infantry
03-21-03, 05:29 PM
Those are tight quotes

young_dog19
03-21-03, 05:41 PM
Thanks, dude! I told myself these when I was in the process of enlisting. People were telling me that I was crazy. I believe in myself, so screw them! I'd like to see them grow the balls to enlist in the USMC. Until they do, I know that I'm am a man with dignity.

03Infantry
03-21-03, 09:08 PM
Hey the same thing happened to me. When I enlisted everyone told me i'm retarded and that I am gonna be a bullet sponge. They are just a bunch of wimps. My favorite quote is "As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil because I'm the badest mother@@@@ in that valley!"

03Infantry
03-21-03, 10:49 PM
I apologize for that mother@@@ thing. Sorry everyone

young_dog19
03-22-03, 11:45 AM
Bullet sponge? Haven't heard that one yet! But that's also a tight quote!

03Infantry
03-22-03, 01:10 PM
Yeah I got called it a meps by a navy wannabe (he had not enlisted yet but was joining the navy).

young_dog19
03-22-03, 01:16 PM
Typical. You should have teased him about the little sailor hats that they get. Or reminded him that "In the Navy" was sung by a bunch of gay guys.

03Infantry
03-22-03, 02:21 PM
Oh well. He was real dumb anyways.......he said he smoked alot of weed. I was mad though that I had to share a hotel room with him. At meps there were like 200 people enlisting and out of these only about 10 were for the Marines. It just goes to show ya..... if it is hard no one wants to do it. The best things in life are hard to achieve.

Soon2BkidTx
03-22-03, 11:28 PM
Amen Matt...yea i didnt get a Hotel for meps....i had to wake up at 4am to be their at 5am though which sucked 3 days is a row, bc my recruitors mispelled my last name the first time, recruitors left my file at his house, and finally the 3rd day i made it threw meps lol....but i didnt care.....but yea Matt......their were about 70 people going threw meps each day i was their, and maybe 4 at the most were going into the USMC....i really cant wait to leave....theirs this kid thats been in DEPs since last july and cant do one pullup..and if he cant do 2 by April 1, i get his spot at April 7....i cant wait....i dont want him to fail, but then again i wanna leave.....i cant wait to come back to my recruitors and hear them call me Devil Dog....hell i just cant wait till the DIs call me a US Marine...i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

wrbones
03-22-03, 11:52 PM
Soon2BkidTx

Yeah watchin' this thread?

Ya got three minutes from the time you see this post to tell me what yer general orders are. Over three minutes and yer busted! :D

Respond to this post and then go!

wrbones
03-23-03, 12:13 AM
As a matter of fact, the rest of you can do that as well.

respond to the post, then three minutes to post yer general orders here.. I'll know if yer cheatin'. ;)

JChristin
03-23-03, 12:54 AM
hey bones,

make them stand on line while they do it too!

what is our second general order again?

semper fi
jchristin

leroy8541
03-23-03, 06:30 AM
Three minutes? Quit lookin at the ceiling recruit there ain't nothin wrote up there! lol NOW JUST BEGIN!!! SIDESTRADDLE HOP..........PUSHUPS............BENDS AND THRUSTS............PUSHUPS,situps, pushups,situps, pushups!!!!

03Infantry
03-23-03, 12:27 PM
1. to take charge of my post and all government property in view <br />
2. to walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything within sight and hearing <br />
3. to report...

wrbones
03-23-03, 01:11 PM
Yer busted. Go back do it again

Barrio_rat
03-23-03, 01:44 PM
Okay...What's yer 12th General Order?

03Infantry
03-23-03, 01:49 PM
1. to take charge of my post and all government property in view <br />
2. to walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything within sight and hearing <br />
3. to report...

ktriplett
03-23-03, 02:02 PM
GENERAL ORDER 12:
To walk my post from flank to flank and take no $hit from any rank.

GENERAL ORDER 13:
To walk my post in a military manner and take no $hit from the Company Commander. These orders I just recieved from the son of a ***** I just relieved.

wrbones
03-23-03, 02:05 PM
03 yer busted again. You don't type that well! :)

ktriplett
03-23-03, 02:18 PM
1. to take charge of THIS post and all government property in view <br />
2. to walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything THAT TAKES PLACE within sight OR...

wrbones
03-23-03, 02:50 PM
LMAO @ ktriplett. Nice try. Do it again. Go back and read what I first posted. You guys still haven't got it right! LMAO.

Attention to detail.

ktriplett
03-23-03, 03:09 PM
I think I've got it: you time testing us? Ok, here goes...

ktriplett
03-23-03, 03:12 PM
General Orders: <br />
<br />
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view. <br />
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place...

03Infantry
03-23-03, 07:09 PM
The first time I actually did it. The second time I just copied the one I had already did and pasted it. I will re do it if you want Sergeant.

wrbones
03-23-03, 07:16 PM
Ya still screwed it up. Go back and look at the post where I first asked ya do to that! ;) In boot camp, you'll keep repeatin' it, whatever it is, til ya get it right or 'til the DI gets tired.

03Infantry
03-23-03, 07:23 PM
All right i'm responding to the post like you said

03Infantry
03-23-03, 07:26 PM
1. To take charge of my post and all government property in view <br />
2. to walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within site or hearing...

wrbones
03-23-03, 07:33 PM
Pay attention. listen. do.

orders don't mean ya do it when ya get a minute. They don't mean ya think about about anything else when the order is bein' given. Ya just listen and do. now. Hear and obey.

You won't be a mindless automaton. You will be trained to think for yerself, but when an order is given. Listen and do.

That was my point.

03Infantry
03-23-03, 07:40 PM
OH

JChristin
03-23-03, 08:05 PM

"OH" isn't an answer. Wipe away the ego and learn what it takes to be a Marine. Bones is giving you something of value, a little pre-boot instruction that will carry you through many hard and difficult days that lay ahead. A few of us Marines are watching. Stand up and learn what "Pride of Corps" means.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
03-23-03, 08:12 PM
Yes Mam. Sorry Sir.......what I meant to say was Yes sir. Sorry for the lack of respect and thank you for the lesson Sir!

KEYDET
03-25-03, 08:33 AM
Someone told me the other day that they were shortening boot camp because of the war. I know it's croc, but I hear stuff like that all the time. Because I'm female i catch a lot from my peers. They're the traditionally male types that drive me nuts. I actually am going to use them as a portion of my motivation in boot !! BTW I have the Making of Marines Documentary i could make copies and send it to some of you if you would like... sempers!

03Infantry
03-25-03, 08:51 AM
Yeah. Awhile back people were saying that they were going to get rid of the crucible. This is just one of those rumors you hear.

JChristin
03-26-03, 02:20 AM
KEYDET:

When our male Marine counterparts notice:

Our ability to do that which is impossible

Our dedication to duty

Our discipline to our work

Our perseverance to seek no “special” treatment because of our gender

They accept us as their peer and the Marine Corps is duly served.

Otherwise, we kick their booty and carry on!

You can do it! You will…

semper fi
jchristin

leroy8541
03-26-03, 04:47 AM
Here is the trick Aye Are Sgt. Bones

leroy8541
03-26-03, 04:50 AM
General Orders: <br />
<br />
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view. <br />
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes...

leroy8541
03-26-03, 04:52 AM
Let the games begin!!

KEYDET
03-26-03, 03:58 PM
When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the
Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of
empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom
beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in
return is enough to bury those that did not return,"

It became very quiet in the room.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRIDE

The average age of the Marine Infantryman is 19 years.

He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is

considered by society as half man, half boy.

Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to

die for his country.

He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than

wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student,

pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has

a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to

be waiting when he returns from half a world away.

He listens to rock and roll or hip hop or rap or jazz or country and 155mm

Howitzers.

He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is

working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk.

He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him, but he can

field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less-in the dark.

He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher

and use either one effectively if he must.

He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional.

He can march until he is told to stop or stop until he is told to march.

He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without

spirit or individual dignity.

He is self-sufficient.

He has two sets of fatigues, he washes one and wears the other.

He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry.

He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle.

He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts.

If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his

food.

He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run

low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his

hands.

He can save your life, or take it, because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and still

find ironic humor in it all.

He has seen more suffering and death then he should have in his short

lifetime.

He has stood atop mountains of dead bodies, and helped to create them.

He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat

and is unashamed.

He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at

rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those

around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop

talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends

their right to be disrespectful.

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the

price for our freedom.

Beardless or not, he is not a boy.

He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200

years.

He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding.

Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his

blood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
God created Satan;

Satan created sin'

God creaded Hell

for Satan to live in.

Satan didn't like it

and it made him cry.

So, Satan created a worse place and called it Parris I.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought these were pretty good sayings and thought I'd share them :-)

:cool:

Art Petersn
03-26-03, 06:42 PM
What really doesn't make sense is that he can die for this country but he is not old enough to have a drink

Soon2BkidTx
03-26-03, 09:49 PM
yea...you cant be younger than 17 to join and cant be older than 28 to join....lol...but i think id rather die for my country than let some1 else do just so i can have a drink.....

Art i know you were joking...so dont take this like im being mean...im just saying what id rather do...hopefully soon ill be a member of the beloved family your are in...congrats on all your success and thank you....and that goes out to all the Marines

SemperFi
Brian

03Infantry
03-27-03, 11:20 AM
I thought it is though they take your age and subtract the years you served and if that makes you under 28 you can join

wrbones
03-27-03, 02:00 PM
That's on another thread from yesterday, 03. Ya lost or what?

03Infantry
03-27-03, 04:49 PM
Sorry Sir.......I got lost

Sidney Thames
03-30-03, 10:13 PM
I have been ready for the Marine Corps since I was 17. I graduated in June 2002 and talked with a recruiter and now I am beyond ready. My reasons for waiting were my mothers illness but she has been encouraging me to follow my dream and make my career in the Marines! I am waiting on a recruiter to sign me up so I can defend my Country with The Best of The Best!

03Infantry
03-30-03, 10:14 PM
what day do you leave for bootcamp?

JChristin
03-30-03, 10:22 PM
Hey 03

Thanks for coming forward when I asked if you were there. Did that surprise ya?

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
03-30-03, 10:25 PM
Yes mam. It was so cool that you did that. It felt cool standing up there next to a Marine......and actually being called up by one.

03Infantry
04-01-03, 11:15 PM
Everyone pray for Brian. He is leaving on the 7th for Bootcamp. We are all gonna miss ya Brian. Come back when yur done and visit. Later
Matt

03Infantry
04-01-03, 11:19 PM
My bad Ktriplett is gonna leave too. Send out your prayers to him to. We are gonna miss both of them.