PDA

View Full Version : Do you have "preperations" for war ?

mrbsox
03-17-03, 06:39 PM
A conversation with my Mother Sunday, and a thought process.

My Mother is blind, and of course worries about mobility if 'things go bad'. I'm about 45 mins from her, but travel alot. My sister is about 2 hours away, and a nurse, so she may be committed if 'things go bad'.

While talking with her, we decided how she would respond, who would make tracks to pick her up, and how we would communicate. We figure phones will be out, so we'll TAPE notes to the doors. But.... back to why I started this thread.

She asked 'who will take care of the Country, with all of our National Guard and reserves over there. The answer I had....

Me, you, ALL of the veterans in this God loving Country, and the graces and foresight of the 2nd Ammendment.

I don't have a stock pile, or an arsenal. But I can take care of my family. We can live without blowdryers and a microwave. We can make do without VCR's and cable.

Have you changed anything in your daily routine?? My primary concern is NO ELECTRICITY. Stores, Gas stations, banks, etc. may not be up and running for a FEW days. A few at the most.

We are keeping our tanks above 3/4 full.
The tubs are clean, so we can stock pile water.
Already been to the store, so the cupboard is in pretty good shape.
All magazines are loaded, and handy.
Got CASH on hand.

Am I paranoid, or cautious??

I'm a Marine. I'm as ready as I can be, with what I have available.

Terry

SHOOTER1
03-17-03, 08:34 PM
Thats ok Terry, I do have a stockpile, and a rather sizable arsenal,and something like over 70,000 rds, a little over 2000 rds per weapon, so you could take a trip down here if ya need to.:marine:

Armory
03-18-03, 12:27 AM
I've been out for awhile and ballooned up to 225 lbs. In November I started thinking about "What if Russia and China get involved and this turns into WWIII".

I'm at 3 reps of 80 situps, 3 reps of 40 push-ups, 15 pullups, and I did 3 miles in 24 minutes last saturday. I'm down to 195 and feel great!

The probability is pretty low of that happening, but as a Marine I must be prepared.

wrbones
03-18-03, 12:35 AM
That's my only concern about this situation. This has the potential to get outta hand more than any conflict since WWII. If it turns into WWIII, it won't matter how busted up we are. If we can still walk, we'll be needed.