PDA

View Full Version : Met a new PFC at Church

mrbsox
03-17-03, 01:44 PM
At Church Sunday, the Pastor made a point of everyone knowing we had a Marine in attendance, Just Graduated from Boot Camp, P.I. of course :D (whens the last time you heard an "OHRA" in Church ??) Now, not many Pastors (or Churches) are Pro-Military, but Pastor Davis is VERY Pro-America. Ya just got to know him :D

Anyway, the usual fan fare and such, and I (and others) made it a point to intercept him as we were all leaving. He's Active reserve, and shipping out to LeJeune in a few days, just home on Boot Camp leave. I didn't ask MOS or anything as he was quite overwhelmed with well wishes and hand shakes. Gave him a "Gods Speed" and a Semper Fi, and let him go.

Later, it dawned on me, he had just graduated, Mid March. Now if Boot Camp is still 3 months long, he enlisted, shipped, and spent Christmas in P.I. The buildup in Iraq was under way, plans were being made. He had to know what he was getting into.

Yet he, and others are still enlisting, going, preparing, and serving their Country. I'll be DA*NED if that doesn't restore a little faith in todays youth, or at least some of them. And it restores some of my faith in the parents, of some of todays youth.

God Bless them all, as they take over, where I (we) left off. Gods Peace be with their families, until they return.

God Bless America... and pass the ammunition. We are in good hands.

Semper Fidelis to all.

Terry

Super Dave
03-17-03, 01:59 PM
Gotta love Ohh Rah's at church!!

I ran into two marines Saturday night out at a local night club, same deal just finished boot camp about to head out to MCT and their schools. Needless to say, they didn't have to pay for any drinks that night. We swapped stories all night, it makes me proud to see the younger generaltion still upholding the high standards of the Corps. Seeing them just made even more ready to see my daughter graduate from PI on April 11th.

Semper Fi,