PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps recruiter to answer questions

Adams2311
07-18-02, 12:47 PM
I am currently on recruiting duty and I am the NCOIC of Recruiting Sub Station Ohio Valley. I am willing to answer any and all of your questions about a current contract, what to expect in Recruit Training, How to contact your local recruiter, etc...

If I do not know the answer to your question I will find out or put you in touch with someone who can answer your specific question.

I love the Marine Corps and take the future of our Corps very seriously. No question will be refused. Semper Fidelis, future Marines!!!

SSgt Adams

Shaffer
07-18-02, 01:24 PM
Welcome aboard & Semper Fi!

Appreciate any help you can give to the youngins with questions. You will find a couple others floating around that will help too. Check out the Poolee Hall for questions. Also if someone would like to have a recruiter contact them, go HERE. (http://www.leatherneckguide.com/recruitlead/)

Great to have you on the site.

Semper Fi,

Jerry

Gerard
07-18-02, 05:25 PM
I called my recruiter this afternoon and found that he no longer works there. It must've been something that happened fairly recently, as his voice mail still has his voice on it :) So what do I do? I wasn't under any contract yet. He had my medical records, but needed to have me fill in a form to send them in. I'd kind of like to get them back if I have to start all over again so they don't end up floating around who-knows-where. Getting in touch with him in the forst place was hard enough, but I guess persistence is the only way in. What's my next move? Sixguns feel free to throw in your two cents as well...

Sixguns
07-18-02, 05:36 PM
Gerard,

Your next phone call to a Marine should be to the NCOIC of the recruiting substation. This Marine is responsible for the recruiters who service your area. The NCOIC has the ability to review his files and management books to help you to understand where you are in the processing chain. Most likely, he has reviewed your documents and has assisted your original recruiter in beginning your enlistment process. The NCOIC will help you until another recruiter is assigned to replace the one who has left.

Adams2311
07-20-02, 01:59 PM
Gerard,

Most definately get in touch with the NCOIC. If for some reason you don't know where your former recruiter's NCOIC office was, you can do one of two things. First, you can call 1-800-Marines or go online to Marines.com and give them your information and a priority prospect card will generated on you. Basically, your information will be sent to the nearest recruiter closest to you and he should immediately get in contact with you. From there you can brief the new recruiter about your situation. Secondly, you can tell me where you live and I can look in my facilites book and find out where the NCOIC works. Either one and a recruiter should be in contact with you pretty quickly. Good to go?

SSgt Adams sends

Sixguns
07-20-02, 02:05 PM
Adams2311,

Gerard and I have discussed this matter already. His NCOIC is in Manchester, NH. No need to generate a PPC by calling in or logging in to Marines site. Just one more PPC that we would have to file and send back through the chain. We are trying to expedite this matter and the PPC issue may just slow the process. I appreciate your input and helping this matter to get resolved.

22DevilPup87
08-09-02, 12:09 PM
SSgt Adams,
I'm interested in a career in the Marine Corps yet have some questions.

Though I haven't met many Marines it's seemed to me that of those I've met the best officers were enlisted first. Would it be possible for me to earn my degree and train to become an officer while I'm an enlisted Marine? If so, how would that work?

When can I contact a recruiter? I was once told I couldn't speak with my local recruiter until the age of 17. However, I plan to have completed high school a few weeks before turning 17 and will have my graduation ceremony about three weeks after my 17th birthday. (I'm not sure if I'll have my diploma in my hand before my graduation ceremony or after. I do my school work via an accredited internet based high school.)

Assuming I can get the consent of my parents I'd like to enlist at 17. Does that pose any problems?

When the day comes that I meet with my local recruiter I want to show him/her that I'm serious and ready for a chance at the privilege of joining the Corps. To do so I've started physically preparing to meet the requirements and have begun to learn about the history of the USMC as well as the basics: the hymn, the creed, the fact sheet about the M16, the general orders, code of conduct, ect. Have I left anything out that I should be working on?

Thank you for all of your time.

Sincerely,
Jess Jacobson

Adams2311
08-09-02, 11:07 PM
Jess,

First, I would like to commend you on your choice to become a Marine. It is never too early to contact a recruiter. What happens in cases like yours is that we keep your card on file and we stay in contact with you through out the months to make sure that your interest in the Marine Corps has not changed and to answer your questions as they may arise. We also invite you to what we call poolee meetings, this is where we meet once a month to prepare our enlistees for recruit training. In fact, we always encourage new faces to attend, even if it is friends of our poolees, brothers, sisters or even family members. Contacting your recruiter early will make you that much more in the know for when you do attend recruit training.

As far as pursuing an Officer career once you become enlisted, the answer to that question is most definately. We have programs in place that allow our enlisted Marines to become Officers such as the Marine Corps Enlisted Commisioning Program, BOOST, Enlisted Commisioned Program, Meritorious Commisioning Program, and appointments to the Naval Academy, just to name a few. Contacting your recruiter now will allow you to explore the requirements and qualifications for each of these programs and allow you to prepare accordingly to make sure you are the best qualified when you do apply. We have a saying in the Marine Corps that says that " The Marine Corps likes to grow its own Officers"

Being under the age of 17 does pose a problem for you right now. We cannot enlist anyone under the age of 17 into our Corps regardless of education status. Once you turn 17 you can enlist with parental consent. Again, I encourage you to contact your local recruiter, so they can give you the information for enlistment requirements and when you do decide to enlist you show your parents that you had the maturity to do your homework before making a big decision such as this, and they don't think that you are acting impulsively.

The subjects that you are studying now are more than ample to ensure your success through out recruit training. I hope everything works out for you and I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to seeing you out there as a future leader in our Corps. Semper Fidelis!

SSgt Adams

22DevilPup87
08-10-02, 12:09 AM
SSgt Adams,
Thank you for all of the information and quick reply. Now it's time to talk to my parents and get in touch with my local recruiter.

When you said it's never too early to speak with a recruiter, were you completely serious? At 15 with a planned enlistment at 17 will a recruiter likely be willing to answer questions and allow me to attend poolee meetings? However, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm motivated and this wasn't a decision I made overnight.

Once again, I thank you for all of your time and information you've provided.

Jess

rider22
07-18-08, 01:55 PM
I'm apparently too old for the next Academy class and I have a couple of months until my first year is up. BOOST requires one year of service after recruit training. Do you know if that is waiverable? If not, do you know any other options for commissioning? I have 3 years of college, a 95 AFQT, 125 GT, no NJPs/11s/etc.

Thanks.

TSchultz
07-18-08, 06:00 PM
SSgt. Adams,

It is too late now for I ship in 3 weeks but I am curious about this anyways. I want 1371 (combat engineer) more than anything. I signed a CM contract which you probably know is the engineering/utilities contract. Then I asked my recruiter if he could guarantee me 1371 before I go to boot camp. He said no.

I feel that since I was already enlisted and had a program set up, he wouldn't want to bother getting anything more for me. Of course I did not mention this to him because I did not want to disrespect him or anything.
So my question is- Would it have been possible for me to get a contract to go in specifically as 1371?

Like I said, it's too late now. I guess I'll just have to pray that I get that MOS. But I am just very curious about it.

Thank you much,
-Tim

houpt
07-18-08, 06:34 PM
To become a DEP how many Parent Signatures are Required one or two?

lateralus
07-18-08, 09:30 PM
SSGT Adams,
Quick question. What are the current enlistment contract lengths for the Marine Corps reserves? From my primitive knowledge the length of service is 8 years which is served in a 6x2 program. Are there any other options?
Thank you.

Phantom Blooper
07-18-08, 10:10 PM
I think you Poolees and friends will be waiting awhile for an answer since this thread was in 02 and the last time the SSGT Adams was on board was in 11/07. You might want to try an PM him with your specific question and he may come back on board.

There are other Marines just out of the recruiting field you may also want address that just recently came aboard.....Sgt. slimmy07 is one! Good luck!:evilgrin:

Big Jim
07-18-08, 10:24 PM
I am currently on recruiting duty and I am the NCOIC of Recruiting Sub Station Ohio Valley. I am willing to answer any and all of your questions about a current contract, what to expect in Recruit Training, How to contact your local recruiter, etc...

If I do not know the answer to your question I will find out or put you in touch with someone who can answer your specific question.

I love the Marine Corps and take the future of our Corps very seriously. No question will be refused. Semper Fidelis, future Marines!!!

SSgt Adams

Thank you SSgt. Adams for such pertinent and important relevant information...it could not have come at a better time. Each of us Marines have taken responsibility to help teach, instruct and mentor the fine young people endeavoring to become members of our ranks. Just your presence gives me comfort to know that we all have a resource as yourself to give answers to the detailed questions, thanks again...

Phantom Blooper
07-18-08, 10:48 PM
Big Jim.....This Marine is now stationed at CLNC he hasn't been on since 07. These poolees would be better off contacting active Marines that were on the field. No one stays on recruiting since 02.:evilgrin:

Bolt Action
07-20-08, 07:35 AM
One question: Would a Pilonidal cyst deny me entry to becoming a Marine? Even if it wasn't noticeable but still there?

thankyou

SGT7477
07-20-08, 09:07 PM
Ask Sparkie he would know for sure.

Wyoming
07-20-08, 09:27 PM
One question: Would a Pilonidal cyst deny me entry to becoming a Marine? Even if it wasn't noticeable but still there?

thankyou

Don't know about Sparkie, but I had to look that one up - Click Here!! (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pilonidal_cyst/article_em.htm)

Methinks a Recruiter would be be your best resource!

ryanpeters
07-22-08, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know the maximum age an officer can be with no prior service before joining the corp?

Achped
07-23-08, 12:14 AM
I want to say 28, but that is merely an educated slightly informed guess.

davblay
07-23-08, 12:34 AM
I want to say 28, but that is merely an educated slightly informed guess.

Maximum age to enlist in the Marines remains 27 with some exceptions up to 29 years old!

That was a gift to you Ryan, now finish your profile!

Dave

SGT7477
07-26-08, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know the maximum age an officer can be with no prior service before joining the corp?

It is the Corps.:evilgrin:

pdvxtreme
01-23-09, 06:10 PM
I am in the delayed entry program, and i was wondering what the job CB is.

DGardner
01-23-09, 07:15 PM
I don't believe that the SSgt is still on the site.

ecfree
01-23-09, 08:38 PM
I am in the delayed entry program, and i was wondering what the job CB is.

PROFILE UP.....:evilgrin:

Marine84
01-23-09, 08:57 PM
DAYAM! Somebody went digging for a thread, huh? LOL!

nick71192
01-23-09, 09:05 PM
im really looking into becoming a marine.i really have no idea what to expect and i was just wondering....what's it like?

-nick

Wes40138
01-23-09, 10:13 PM
im really looking into becoming a marine.i really have no idea what to expect and i was just wondering....what's it like?

-nick
Welcome ,
Nick,1st off you want to always capitalize Marine , or you will almost certainly face some adverse reactions from the Marines and poolees on this wonderful site . FYI the search function is your best friend ,you can find out pretty much anything your grape could fathom from it . And you will find the answer to your question "whats it like ? ".

hempstead56
01-27-09, 10:34 AM
I have a Reenlistment Code of RE3P. My surgery to fix my shoulder is next month. By next year I should be good to go. How is the reenlistment process?

SSgt0369
02-10-09, 09:41 AM
I am in the process of reenlisting. I spent 4 years on recruiting (RS New Orleans, RSS Baton Rouge, 3 years active, got out, came back in on a 1 year EAD tour). Lost my mind, never reenlisted. After 5 years, I am on my way back, I spoke with the RI and RS CO, and should be able to get a slot in RS Baton Rouge when my package comes back in. I did go to recruiter school (last class in 1997, Class leader was Gy Robustilini (sp?)). I went through there a long time ago, and I may have blocked some of it out (like the anger speech). The RI said I'll need to go back through, can anyone tell me what the daily and weekly routine is like in BRC? I am looking at either March 3 or April 28. I remember spending alot of nights studying, but would like to bring my wife and kids up for one short stay, maybe a weekend. I just dont remember having a weekend there.

gonzalez948
02-13-09, 11:29 AM
can u re enlist with an re4 personality disorder

Jyates383
02-13-09, 04:33 PM
This thread is 6-7 years old might want to try making a new one.

roywoody
02-14-09, 12:15 AM
Hey SSGT. I was looking to see if I can get back in. Served from'93-'96. Honorable discharge. But an re-3h for a family emergency. It is or never will be a problem again. I have a prepared letter...

davblay
02-14-09, 05:42 AM

SSgt Adams

This is the original post (20020718)! This SSgt, then, would be at least a Gunny by now,with 15 years in..

Attention to details Marines, ATTENTION TO DETAILS!

Dave