PDA

View Full Version : Another log on the fire...

erased
06-24-07, 02:55 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-cheney23jun23,1,2991960.story?track=crosspromo&page=1&coll=la-headlines-nation&ctrack=1&cset=true

White House spokesperson says the president and vice-president's offices are exempt from federal oversight directed at the executive branch because it doesn't specifically say they are.

If this is the case, does it mean I'm exempt from laws that don't mention me by name?

crate78
06-24-07, 08:23 AM
It's an interesting thought.

A hundred to a hundred and fifty years ago, when the U.S. government was making peace treaties and other agreements with the American Indians, from the Indians viewpoint the treaty or agreement only applied to those Indians who were actually present when the agreement was made. If you weren't physically present when the agreement was made, you weren't bound to it.

Guess it applied to agreements with other tribes, too. It makes a certain amount of sense. The Chiefs weren't elected representatives like under our form of government.

I liked the mayor in Texas who said that instead of building a wall along the Mexican border, we should build a wall around Washington, D.C. I'll go a step farther and say the states should then form a whole new Federal government and exclude all the retarded dorks that are in DC now.

crate

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 01:21 PM
This admin has done more harm to circumvent the laws than any I can remember. At least it is reported more often than I can remeber.

This appears to be insidious:usmc: