PDA

View Full Version : @usmc.mil e-mail address

Accord
06-24-07, 01:03 AM
Marines, how do I go about getting an @usmc.mil e-mail address? Does the Corps have a website Marines can go to where we can get an @usmc.mil e-mail address or is this something like with base vehicle registration and whatnot where I just go to the vehicle registration office when I get off work one day and get it done myself, or do I have to go through my chain of command to get one?

SF

davblay
06-24-07, 01:17 AM
Ask your SDI, he's still at PI. He always told you the straight poop, didn't he. I mean after all the recruits are getting the Blues issued now right? NOT!! Like I told you, time would tell!

How's it going at CLNC, John. You like it there? I did! :marine:

Your .mil address should be something like John.gordan@usmc.mil, but check in yout duty office they can tell you about it.

hmckinley
06-24-07, 04:16 AM
Marine, check out the following web site, there's hundreds of Marines on it at any given time. www.********************* . If it can't be found there, the Marine Corps answer dosen't exits. Got your Message DB, thanks I'll get back with you.

killerinstinct
06-25-07, 08:00 AM
ur s-6 will set it up.. If you are in school status more than likely you wont get one. You will get it when you hit the fleet and check in your first command and when going to s-6 ask them about it

Sgt Leprechaun
06-25-07, 10:54 AM
Bingo. It has to be setup at the unit when you arrive.

jpal3451
07-29-07, 05:15 AM
You need to go to s-6, they will give you paperwork to fill out and get signed off by your command. Make sure you remember your pin or you will have to go to Jrc office to have it reset, which sucks ass....but its pretty much the only way to acces a nmci Computer.

MKinney
07-29-07, 06:36 AM
If your command needs you to have an e-mail address they'll get you set up with one, otherwise you don't need one.

bigdog43701
07-29-07, 06:42 AM
ok guys have things changed that much...i know s-1, s-2, s-3 and s-4...what is an s-6?

erased
07-29-07, 12:20 PM
S-6 is comm.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-07, 06:30 AM
And, S-5 is usually "Civil Affairs".

Tegan
08-01-07, 09:37 AM
yes, when you check into your unit when you go to S-6, they will set you up with the email address.

Quinbo
08-01-07, 10:24 AM
S-5 and S-6 are news to me. I know there is a G-5 and G-6 but never heard of a S-5 or 6.

Sgt D
08-01-07, 09:10 PM
I didn't even know there was an Intranet until I re-uped. So don't be upset if you don't get one.

chili77bowl
08-01-07, 10:20 PM
Dude! YOU DON'T WANT ONE!
It means that you are shackled to a desk, doomed to type stupid things all day, as opposed to out in the air doing something cool.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-02-07, 05:56 AM
LOL. Good point. And, from what I hear, NMCI pretty much sux the big one anyway. In the 'old' days, computers and all that were handled at the unit level, now its an absolute nightmare.

You are better off with a plain old email addy and not going with the NMCI crap if you can avoid it.