PDA

View Full Version : An entertaining evening.............

crate78
06-23-07, 10:32 PM
My wife is a scanner freak. I usually don't pay much attention to it, but this got me interested, too.

The Super Walmart in Seward, Nebraska is about a mile south of town, and four miles from my house, as the crow flies. It came across the scanner that a Mexican caused a fender bender in the parking lot at Walmart, then bailed out of his car and ran into a cornfield south of the parking lot. The local law is trying to flush him out of the cornfield, even to the point of calling in choppers with search lights. They said he's wearing a white shirt, so he should be easy to spot, unless he took it off.

It's been going on for a couple of hours, so who knows where he is by now. Does anyone want to bet the registration and insurance on his car check out?

And I did check the farm to make sure the keys are pulled out of everything.

crate

10thzodiac
06-23-07, 10:59 PM
Back in 1980 my neighbor next door called in the morning and said there was a body in my back yard (by the creek) with a jacket over its head.

I called the Sheriff and it was a Cuban from Castro's 1980 April Mariel Boat Lift. When the Sheriff touched him to see if he was alive he bolted up to his feet and the cop got scared and was trying to get his gun out of his holster and was having difficulty then handcuffed him.

As it turned out the guy could barely speak English and probably just needed a place to sleep. One thing for sure, he didn't want to go to the Local Police Station as they had a bad reputation if you didn't belong. He preferred County.