PDA

View Full Version : Question about waivor to get in the Marines?

vietboy1st
06-23-07, 08:12 PM
Hi, i got a bad new from my recruiter. He told me " i couldn't join the Marines". Because i lost 20-30% of hearing on my right ear but my left ear is still perfect. I wasb't dealf, i could still hear normally. And my recruiter sent my medical paper down to VA Marine corps headquater and they said no. So is there possible way for me to join. My recruiter told me to join the Army National Guard then transfer to the marines. Is it gonna work out because i don't wanna wasting my time and at the end nothing is working out. Is itpossible for me to write a letter to send to the Marine Corps headquater to get a waivor myself? If yes i need the address numbers. I started to like the Marine corps when after 9-11. And i am very motivated and decicated to the Marines. Please help me out.. Without the marines i don't knwo what i wanna do.:cry:

davblay
06-24-07, 12:07 AM
SNIFF-----SNIFF----after reading the profile, I smell somthing FISHY here! Can any of you Nam vets see what I'm talking about? :sick:

rvillac2
06-24-07, 12:43 AM
LOL. Dave.
Even the Desert Storm vets are smelling what you're smelling. ha ha ha ha.

Sorry, kid. The recruiter gave you the straight truth.
Perhaps you should pursue a career as a manicurist? (oops, did I say that?)

rvillac2
06-24-07, 12:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeErTVCqV6I

davblay
06-24-07, 01:08 AM
Current City:
Boston Current State:
Massachusetts Hometown:
Sai gon , Vietnam

Didn't Saigon turn into communist in the 70's? As a matter of fact ain't it called Ho Chi Minh City now?

Marine84
06-24-07, 12:57 PM
DAMMIT MAN! Even I can smell it............radar went haywire!

I got the popcorn.............................

Zulu 36
06-24-07, 04:47 PM
Well, in his defense, I knew some Vietnamese in Michigan and they always referred to Saigon as Saigon. They refuse to call it Ho Chi Minh City.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-24-07, 11:09 PM
I must have a cold, because I don't smell anything at all.

Anyway, if the waiver was denied, then you're not going to enlist into the Marine Corps. If you can get into the National Guard that is your best bet.

vietboy1st
06-25-07, 07:11 AM
so , do you think after i did my years in the Army National guard i could get in the marines, if i got lucky ? Because my recruiter said it would be easy because i already got military background..
Thank You

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-25-07, 01:10 PM
You would have to do the full time. You could try to do a component change pretty quickly. No promises that it would work though.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-25-07, 01:26 PM
And, you'd still have to complete Recruit training, etc.

But, if your condition isn't waiverable now, it probably won't be waiverable then, either.

Quinbo
06-25-07, 02:45 PM
Had a vietnamese lad in my unit in Okinawa named Tran.... that was his whole name. I think his ID card said NMI Tran. Anyway I thought it was a hoot to read his log book entries on guard duty because filled it out exactly how he spoke. Lost sylables strange usage etc. He turned out ok.

I thought of that because the original post would have been perfectly legible to Tran.

rvillac2
06-25-07, 06:19 PM
so , do you think after i did my years in the Army National guard i could get in the marines, if i got lucky ? Because my recruiter said it would be easy because i already got military background..
Thank You

What is your military background?

Are you a U.S. Citizen? Permanent Resident?