PDA

View Full Version : Robert Clough

wayne553
06-23-07, 12:15 PM
Robert Barry Clough
Robert Barry Clough, SSgt Retired, 65
CUMBERLAND -- Robert Barry Clough, SSgt Retired, 65, of Cumberland, died unexpectedly at his home on June 16, 2007.
Robert was born in Portland, on Aug. 16, 1941. He lived on his family's farm in Dayton, until he graduated from Thornton Academy and immediately entered the Marine Corps at 17 years of age. He served two tours in Vietnam and was awarded two Purple Hearts. His active military career ended after serving 13 years and being almost fatally wounded. It left him with lifelong disabilities, including a 14 year battle with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma following his Agent Orange exposure. As a result of his time served and health problems, he had an incredible sense of pride and appreciation for friends and family.
He worked hard for 34 years at Cumberland Auto Salvage, where he established a second family with all of the Copp's. Robert was proud of being a Marine, but more concerned about being a good father. He never forgot to tell his children he loved them .
He is survived by his wife Naomie; son Justin; and daughter Emily of Cumberland; mother Lillian Smith of Ocean Park; brothers Wayne Clough of Saco, and Herbert Smith of Lyman; sisters Nancy Roberts of Dayton, Katharine Clough, and Robin Clough of Cape Elizabeth. He was predeceased by his step-father, Robert Smith of Dayton.
A graveside service will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers please
send donations to:
Cancer Community Center
778 Main St.
South Portland, Maine 04106
Robert Barry Clough

thedrifter
06-23-07, 01:59 PM
Rest In Peace

Ellie

naomie
01-10-08, 09:52 AM
Brother in-law~thank you for posting Robert's obituary here. Emily wrote it and I let it go, as is. Justin and Emily were/are so incredibly proud of their dad and miss him terribly.

I still can't believe this happened to him. It should not have.He was looking forward to being free from some of the pain that ravaged his body, of being able to move and do things once again.

A proud man of his Marine Heritage, however, he'd be so upset to think the VA does not want to grant my widow benefit.

This house, our lives are so empty without him. This pain is unbelievable.