PDA

View Full Version : US, Israel finalise Iran strike plan

jetdawgg
06-22-07, 09:51 AM
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visited Washington yesterday and met with US President George W. Bush to finalise plans for a joint US-Israel strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

President Bush hinted that actions against Iran will form the core of their discussion.

"I'm sure that we will find some time, also, to discuss other measures, such as the danger of Iran and the threats that come from the President of Iran, who talks time and again about the liquidation of the state of Israel, something that is totally intolerable and unacceptable," he said. "And we have to continue the measures taken in order to stop the Iranian efforts to establish unconventional weapons."

Talking to reporters at a joint press conference Bush once again re-iterated his position on military strikes against Iran by saying "I will tell you this, that my position hasn't changed, and that is all options are on the table."

"And I fully understand the concerns of any Israeli when they hear the voice of the man in Iran saying, on the one hand, we want to acquire the technologies and know-how to build a -- enrich uranium, which could then be converted into a nuclear weapon, and on the other hand, we want to destroy Israel," he added. "Look, if I were an Israeli citizen I would view that as a serious threat to my security. And as a strong ally of Israel, I view that as a serious threat to its security -- not only the security of Israel, but the security of the Middle East."

Olmert also met (http://speaker.house.gov/newsroom/pressreleases?id=0219) with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to obtain their broad support for military action against Iran.
Pelosi's comments welcoming the Prime Minister indicate that he is likely to get the backing he is seeking from the Congress.

“With the Republican and Democratic leaders gathered here, you see how strong the bipartisanship is for a great U.S.-Israel relationship," Pelosi said.
Meanwhile, Iran has formally complained to the United Nations about the planned strike by US and Israel.

"I wish to inform you that, emboldened by the absence of any action by the Security Council, various Israeli officials have unabatedly continued to publicly and contemptuously make unlawful and dangerous threats of resorting to force against the Islamic Republic of Iran," Iran's UN ambassador Javad Zarif wrote in a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, dated June 11.

Iran has also accused the US of carrying out covert operations aimed at destabilising the country.

http://pressesc.com/01182303150_iran_us_israel

drumcorpssnare
06-22-07, 12:57 PM
I was going to debate this with you, but.... Never mind.

jetdawgg
06-22-07, 01:36 PM
AIPAC!!!!!!!!!

OLE SARG
06-22-07, 03:18 PM
pelosi is an idiot too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

drumcorpssnare
06-22-07, 03:37 PM
Better that Israel strike Iran...than Iran strike America!:evilgrin:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

jetdawgg
06-22-07, 03:41 PM

With us in there waters how would this occur? Another 911 on this admin's watch?

HOLM
06-22-07, 04:16 PM
Ya know jet... I am getting a little sick of your Anti Semetic Garbage..

YES ANTI SEMETIC...

Because if anyone that is in favor of supporting Israel in thier fight against our common enemy is a loon sucking at the tit of AIPAC...

It is only fair the your constant efforts here should be seen as ANTI SEMETIC....

Oh and Russia you moonbat... Russia ....

You are making some strange friends Jet

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x236/ronholm/url.jpg
(http://images.google.com/url?q=http://blog.dennisfox.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/wp-content/communist_banner.JPG&usg=AFQjCNF-J6xOW_HH-L8cq9NCZpAKZnOZAA)

erased
06-22-07, 04:37 PM
http://photo.dennisfox.net/galleries/2007/anti-occupation_rally/mediafiles/l58.jpg

Hey.. Do those look Like American Flags to you??

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edit: Yes, I know the other pictures have American flags, too.

HOLM
06-22-07, 04:53 PM
Nice.... touche'

10thzodiac
06-22-07, 05:07 PM

Would you agree with George Bush the reason Iran would strike America is, because America is "a beacon for freedom" and because the attackers are "evil" or as the CIA concluded, blowback from our foreign policy repressing Iran ?

"Blowback" is a CIA term first used in March 1954 in a recently declassified report on the 1953 operation to overthrow the government of Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran. It is a metaphor for the unintended consequences of the US government's international activities that have been kept secret from the American people. The CIA's fears that there might ultimately be some blowback from its egregious interference in the affairs of Iran were well founded. Installing the Shah in power brought twenty-five years of tyranny and repression to the Iranian people and elicited the Ayatollah Khomeini's revolution. The staff of the American embassy in Teheran was held hostage for more than a year. This misguided "covert operation" of the US government helped convince many capable people throughout the Islamic world that the United States was an implacable enemy.

yellowwing
06-22-07, 06:55 PM
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visited Washington yesterday and met with US President George W. Bush to finalise plans for a joint US-Israel strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.
Right, at 0433 on 27 June nine IDF F-16s are scheduled to cross the border at 4,000 feet with six F15-CAP overflight at 28,000 feet...now that would be a "scoop"

jinelson
06-22-07, 10:59 PM
Long over due!

Jim

10thzodiac
06-23-07, 07:17 AM
Lets see if President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran is a Blowhard or a Blowback ?

BLOWBACK:
40,000 Iranian estesh-hadiyun (martyrdom-seekers) Are ready to carry out suicide operations against "twenty-nine identified Western targets" should the U.S. military strike Iranian nuclear installations.

I hope that isn't anti-Semitic, is it ?

redneck13
06-23-07, 08:15 AM
pelosi is an idiot too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
:evilgrin: You got it right Sarg....you left a couple more out, but, that's okay, they know whom they are!!

OLE SARG
06-23-07, 08:40 AM
At least Isreal will not be so ****ing PC when they kick the ******* out of Iran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe their Marines and soldiers can actually fight, and kill, and break things without the media spreading their lies and untruths about what is going on (kinda reminds you of Iraq HHHUUUHHHH?????????).

Maybe I should say the "media" are ****ing idiots too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

redneck13
06-23-07, 08:54 AM
At least Isreal will not be so ****ing PC when they kick the ******* out of Iran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe their Marines and soldiers can actually fight, and kill, and break things without the media spreading their lies and untruths about what is going on (kinda reminds you of Iraq HHHUUUHHHH?????????).

Maybe I should say the "media" are ****ing idiots too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
:evilgrin: What does PC mean? Politically Correct....I'm with ya Sarge.

bootlace15
06-23-07, 09:13 AM
with Russia giving advise on the nuclear reactors to Iran and China's dependence on Iran for more and more oil is this really going to happen? Not!!

bootlace15 out

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 10:12 AM
HOLM, I am a MARINE. Your name calling me as anti-semetic is pathetic. If there were no creedence to my statements I would not say them.

Thanks for the drop erased. If I can criticize this gov't, I definetly can criticize any other country or religion. Whether you like it or not.

And like I said, you are sick. Get to a medic at the VA ASAP.

Finally calling me anti-semetic is the same as claiming that I am unpatriotic. Stupid as hell

HOLM
06-23-07, 11:04 AM
HOLM, I am a MARINE. Your name calling me as anti-semetic is pathetic. If there were no creedence to my statements I would not say them.

Thanks for the drop erased. If I can criticize this gov't, I definetly can criticize any other country or religion. Whether you like it or not.

And like I said, you are sick. Get to a medic at the VA ASAP.

Finally calling me anti-semetic is the same as claiming that I am unpatriotic. Stupid as hell

booo hoooo..... sniffle sniffle.....

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 11:38 AM
You are the one name calling. I'll bring some diapers for you:

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50153485/Diapers_for_Adults.jpg

HOLM
06-23-07, 12:03 PM
aaahhh I am sorry... Did I commit the Cardinal sin of calling a lefty Racist...

That just cannot be tolerated can it? I forgot only the left is capable of deciding what is racist, and what is not..

If you are going to claim that I am just blindly supporting AIPAC and all of the other crapp you want to pull...

I am going to call it like I see it.. Nothing more.. Nothing less..

Yeah.. I am so sorry to hurt your very sensitive feelings...

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 12:09 PM
If your mind were somewhat stable I could put some seriousness to the thoughts you present, since your instability is glaring......

HOLM
06-23-07, 12:15 PM
snifle snifle....

http://www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/moorel.jpg

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 12:18 PM
http://uk.gizmodo.com/baby,crying,tantrum-thumb.jpg

HOLM
06-23-07, 12:27 PM
I aint crying about it....

Just saying that what is good for the goose is good for the Gander..

Thats all...

HOLM
06-23-07, 12:31 PM
The stuff you post here is all found in honest to God anti semetic propaganda...

Case point..

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that the Zionist regime should not repeat the unmanly crimes it committed in Lebanon last year.
Ahmadinejad made the remarks in a news conference with a number of foreign reporters on his recent address to the regime, saying, "In my statement I gave a warning to the Zionist regime not to repeat the crimes it perpetrated in Lebanon last year."

Israeli regime carried heavy air raids on Lebanese civilian areas last July-August killing over 1,000 innocent civilians mainly women and children.

The Lebanese resistance movement stood up against Israeli invasion driving the 31-day war to complete defeat and disgrace for the Israeli ringleaders forcing the Zionist regime's prime minister Ehud Olmert and the war minister Amir Peretz to resign.

"Observing information, I came to the conclusion that the usurper regime is after retaliating for its defeat from Hezbollah of Lebanon, thus, I advise them to think wisely and not to commit crimes once again which of course will get themselves entangled," he said.
He said that the enemies will never rule over the region and should recognize the rights of regional nations, and that the foes should understand the circumstances of the Middle East and be aware that the nations are vigilant.

"If they are not after strengthening friendship with regional nations and prefer to continue their crimes, the nations will eliminate their presence in the region," he added.
Asked about the enemies' attempts to sow discord among Muslim nations in the region and the stance of the Islamic Republic in this respect, the president replied that sowing discord among other nations is their way to dominate regional countries

http://www2.irna.ir/en/frontpage/menu-232/

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 12:47 PM
http://curiouslee.typepad.com/weblog/images/metering_babys_cry.jpg

That's HOLM in the background. He has called a number of posters here 'anti semite'

Anti Semite- any critical thinking of Israel, AIPAC, Jews, etc.

HOLM you cannot be taken seriously at least by me....

HOLM
06-23-07, 01:00 PM
Jet... This is an Iranian news network.. Don't these headlines look very similar to the threads you start here?

http://english.alalam.ir/en-allnews.asp

Two Die in US Iraq Prisons

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 17:05 GMT

Israel Kidnaps Hamas Leader

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 16:36 GMT

Baby Girl Has 25 Middle Names

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 16:22 GMT

Another Bird Flu Case in Egypt

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 16:20 GMT

Henin Wins Eastbourne Title

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 15:56 GMT

Iran: Gitmo Shows US Injustice

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 15:36 GMT

2 Iraq Terror Chiefs Nabbed

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 14:33 GMT

Militants Kill 4 Lebanon Troops

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 13:32 GMT

8 US Soldiers Killed in Iraq

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 13:21 GMT

NKorea Hails US Nuclear Talks

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 10:52 GMT

Iraq Revives Oil Deal With China

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 10:45 GMT

Karzai: NATO Killed 52 Afghans

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 10:39 GMT

Iran: 'Zero Chance' of US Attack

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 10:18 GMT

Thais Rally Against Junta

2007 / 6 / 23 -- 10:03 GMT

NATO to Probe Afghan Deaths

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 01:08 PM
HOLM, if that is the case, and there are a few headlines in there that I may post not necessarily from that site as I use other sources, what does that have to do with calling me 'anti semite'?

Your attempt here to present any critical thought of Israel, AIPAC, etc., as anti semite is crude and just an effort to stifle debate. I present articles that may not be favorable to readers here. Hell at times they are not favorable to me, but I still present them as they appear to be truthful.

With truth comes knowledge. With knowledge comes power. Why do you think that the effort to stifle critical thought of Israel is so strong? There are certain forces that profit from the status quo.

Like Dr. King stated, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. I won't stand for it:usmc:

HOLM
06-23-07, 01:24 PM
Jet... Usually you always throw out this "talk radio" "f aux news" claim in damn near every thread that goes on for any length of time.. That is fine.. We are all influenced deeply by what we read.. and what we CHOOSE to fill our heads with...

If your ideas and, the "headlines" that you think are important to talk about closely parallel Iran's, I would think that you would take a frign step back and have a gut check moment.. That bastard that is running Iran now is UNarguably anti semitic...

I have been on a KGB history kick for a while now.. Most of the KGB budget was spent on propaganda and things of the sort. MOST of the propaganda that they used was not "hammer and sickle" and right in everyones face.. MOST of it was very passive and most of the time folks didn't even suspect or detect it.. MANY of the Palestinian and Taliban and AQ groups use left over USSR symbols and banners.. As you well know the Bolshevik's were very much anti semitic.. This is primarily due to the Jewish teachings, and not so much the race (think KArl MARX ).. SO .... Are you still with me...

Now you tell me if you find that your ideas are damn near directly inline with a Nation (iran) that has proclaimed themselves to be a enemy of YOUR country that it is not time to rethink you position..

Right now they can't handle us military to military... But that is not how the KGB spent their resources.... Now is it ....

Like Dr. King stated, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. I won't stand for it

That is not inline with your current middle east policy..

erased
06-23-07, 01:44 PM
Holm, I'm confused by the headlines you decided to bolden. How do they add any weight to your (hilarious) case that Jet is an anti-semite? The one that really made me laugh was "NKorea Hails US Nuclear Talks".

I'm sure it went just like this:

North Korea: "After diplomatic talks with the US and five other nations, we have decided to shut down our main nuclear plant. Also, Jetdawgg hates Jews."

Interesting... Too bad for Iran though... having oil and all. Diplomacy only works with countries without oil.

HOLM
06-23-07, 01:51 PM
The story sounds just like something jet would post..

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber355" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="4%">
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="86%"> http://english.alalam.ir/Image/en/print.gif ("]
NKorea Hails US Nuclear Talks
[/URL]

</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="6%">

[URL="http://english.alalam.ir/en-newspage.asp?newsid=041030120070623151224#)

</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="4%">http://english.alalam.ir/Image/en/800_arrow_rtl.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top" width="86%"> TOKYO, June 23--North Korea on Saturday assessed a rare top-level US visit as productive as UN nuclear inspectors said they were set to return to the country after five years.

US chief negotiator Christopher Hill also said he achieved results on his surprise 24-hour trip to Pyongyang.

Hill said he believed Pyongyang would shut down its Yongbyon nuclear reactor in a matter of weeks.

North Korea, which tested an atom bomb last year, in February agreed to a breakthrough six-nation deal to shut down its reactor in return for aid and diplomatic benefits.

But it had refused to comply due to a row over assets that were frozen two years ago and are finally being returned through a complex bank transfer.

In North Korea's first substantive comments on Hill's visit, a foreign ministry spokesman said the US negotiator agreed to resume the six-party talks early next month.

"The discussions were comprehensive and productive," a foreign ministry spokesman was quoted as saying by the North's official Korean Central News Agency.

With the banking row slowly being resolved, North Korea invited inspectors from the UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to return for the shutdown of Yongbyon.

"We should be able to start a long and complex process for working out with the DPRK (North Korea) the modalities of shutting down the installation at Yongbyon," Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the UN watchdog, told reporters in Vienna Friday.

"I believe the process goes in the right direction."

The visit will be the first to North Korea by IAEA inspectors since Kim Jong-Il's government kicked them out in late 2002 amid an escalating row with the US.

But the mood of the US has changed sharply, with some analysts saying it is looking for a diplomatic success amid turmoil in Iraq and tension with Iran.

Hill, briefing regional allies about his talks in Pyongyang, said Friday in Seoul that he expected North Korea to shut down the reactor in about three weeks.

Takehiko Yamamoto, professor of international security at Tokyo's Waseda University, said that for the US, "North Korea probably seems a relatively less difficult issue compared with Iraq and Iran".

"The US cannot engage fully both in the Middle East and Northeast Asia," he said.

"In the case of North Korea, the US knows that the surrounding nations--China, Russia, and Japan--want to see a soft-landing scenario" for Pyongyang.

"The US seems hopeful that they might be able to achieve an honorable end to the issue."

The six-nation talks involve China, Japan, the two Koreas, Russia and the US.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

HOLM
06-23-07, 01:52 PM
The next story... just up

http://english.alalam.ir/en-newspage.asp?newsid=029100120070623221740

erased
06-23-07, 01:53 PM
Ok, but how would him posting a story about a world-wide crisis being peacefully resolved make him anti-semetic?

Edit: I'm really having a hard time understanding your thought-process on this one. Those stories are being reported by more than just your pet Iranian site.

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 01:53 PM
The occupation regime is believed to be the only nuclear-armed entity in the Middle East although it has always refused to confirm or deny its nuclear capability.

This is part of a story from this thread:

Iran: 'Zero Chance' of US Attack

Let me just break this down for you. Why doesn't Israel come clean on whether it has nukes or not? We all know that they do. Why do they continue to lie about it?

You just want to overlook that and then say that some entity is 'anti semite'.
If I were a simpleton like you, I would probably agree, however I have a more complex mind.

I know that the Israeli nuke issue is a major rub for countries in the MENA region. If you want to think that Israel is correct in this position, please do so. If I want to think that it is not or if it is, I will do so.

If I want the USA to change the policy it has toward other nations, I will vote in the politicians who reflect my position into office and oust the ones that don't (see last election result).

I am looking for leaders who put America First, Second, Third, Fourth. I want leaders who present a sane foreign policy vice the clusterf@ck that we have now.

My current ME policy is this; let's take a sane approach to keeping peace there. The current policy of sabre rattling and warmongering is fruitless and causing more enemies of America to sprout.

This is done at the expense of all else here in my country. Not a sustainable model to implement HOLM

HOLM
06-23-07, 02:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAA...

Of course Israel has a nuke.. Why would anyone think anything different?

Ohhh I know... They should just give the Arab leadership a tour of the plant.. That would ensure peace in the region.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Israel aint threatening to nuke anyone.. Somebody else is though...

My current ME policy is this; let's take a sane approach to keeping peace there. The current policy of sabre rattling and warmongering is fruitless and causing more enemies of America to sprout.

Exactly... lets kick some ass.. These dictators want to play like it is the 7th ****** century.. Lets send em there...

Oh wait.. that is extreme never mind..

I have a better Idea... Lets work with some peace seeking Arabs right ****** smack in the middle of the region.. Then lets work side by side with them to clear out AQ and the Taliban..

Hummm There is an Idea...

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 02:16 PM
HOLM I got it....there are 1.2 Billion Muslims in the world, let's just destroy 25% of the world's population. That'll work.

http://www.smart-kit.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/idiot%20test.gif

HOLM
06-23-07, 02:18 PM
Ok, but how would him posting a story about a world-wide crisis being peacefully resolved make him anti-semetic?

Edit: I'm really having a hard time understanding your thought-process on this one. Those stories are being reported by more than just your pet Iranian site.

Because this war is being fought in the press.. The battlefields are more of a sideline in this war..

There is good news from Iraq, most don't see it for some reason..

Read "think and Grow Rich" sometime..

And That is one of many sites that are unashamedly anti US.. that crank out the same stuff jet posts..

I don't think he intends to support such nonsense.. BUT he is..

Just watch.. Let him keep starting threads.. The Russian Commie press is saying the same things as jet is also...

That is a problem where I come from..

HOLM
06-23-07, 02:19 PM
HOLM I got it....there are 1.2 Billion Muslims in the world, let's just destroy 25% of the world's population. That'll work.

I didn't intend to say that...

Most Germans in 1939 were not Nazi's... But one day they woke up and found that they had no choice..

jetdawgg
06-23-07, 02:24 PM
And now you can or should see why I am against AIPAC influencing the US political figures.

Whom does this killing of people in the MENA benefit? I can't point it out better than you just did.

HOLM
06-23-07, 02:40 PM
Yes being nice and trying to work with Hitler and Mussi worked out so frign great..

In the 1930's FDR was wheeling and dealing with Stalin, Hitler and Mussi...

How did that one end up again? I can't remember..

huey guns
06-23-07, 07:02 PM
HEY HOLM, you can't win with 10z,Jet, and the rest of the lefty crowd if you bring facts into the conversation. You have to get all warm and fuzzy first and then try not to hurt anybodys feelings,only then will they listen to you.

HOLM
06-23-07, 07:50 PM
Hehe

10thzodiac
06-23-07, 09:17 PM
HEY HOLM, you can't win with 10z,Jet, and the rest of the lefty crowd if you bring facts into the conversation. You have to get all warm and fuzzy first and then try not to hurt anybodys feelings,only then will they listen to you.

False facts endure long; but false views, do little harm, for everybody takes pleasure proving their falseness, truth will take care of itself, a lie will not fit anything except another lie.

WMD, Liberators, Iraqi Freedom, Mission Accomplished

Bin Laden number one priority
http://www.ttgnet.com/images/bin-laden-wife.jpg

erased
06-23-07, 09:36 PM
I guess it's good for you that you don't have any facts to contribute, eh?

Then again, someone who pats someone else on the back for calling someone an anti-semite (for posting news, read: facts), probably doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Your feelings ok?

HOLM
06-24-07, 02:50 AM
for posting news, read: facts) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHA

Gasping for air

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAH

Are you frign kidding me?

Since ****** when did the news ever have anything to do with facts? They are in the BUSINESS of selling stories...

whether that be to the people or FOR the government of origin..

And my friend.. That all has very little to do with facts...

Have you ever had a "news" story done about an event that you saw or participated in?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

They never get anything TOTALLY right...(therefore dismissing this "facts" claim"

Iraq is a hot topic.. check out this story

http://www.defendamerica.mil/profiles/apr2004/pr040804a.html

This Marine was in my unit in Topeka.. The Company Honor man in my boot platoon.. I try and keep regular contact with him... Would you like to see all the places even this nicely done story missed the mark?

News=fact

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Tell that to Dan Rather...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAQHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

erased
06-24-07, 03:06 AM
Hook... line... and sinker...

If the news isn't facts, how come you treat it like it is when it suits you? Secondly, the comment was directed toward Huey's assertion that some how your ad hominem attacks are facts and more legitimate than international news.

HOLM
06-24-07, 03:20 AM
Oh please... The only thing my mouth is full of right now is tit.. And I have to get back to that...

But when Jets "facts" line right up with IRAN'S "fact's" I have to assume something is up... Right?

What the fuk am I suposed to think?

10thzodiac
06-24-07, 07:39 AM

HOLM & huey guns: Rush Limbaugh is probably the most notorious practitioner of misrepresenting the facts (a deductive fallacy of soundness with a falsehood in the minor premise). A<BIG><BIG>rguments based on incorrect information, i.e. the relevant facts presented in the argument simply aren't true.</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>Since we often cannot distinguish correct claims from incorrect claims without checking don't you think having arguments based on logic and good reasoning without outside checking achieves valid conclusions from valid principles ?</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>Two examples of facts presented that are simply not true:</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>1. "Hundreds of postal workers have been killed by anthrax! To protect ourselves from terrorists, we should shut down the postal service and just use email. [only six people have died from anthrax delivered in letters, and not all of them were postal workers. Postal workers actually run a greater risk of being killed in automobile accidents than they do of being killed by anthrax. Obviously, they should try to avoid both.]</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>2. "NASA should quit sending missions to Mars. All of the Mars missions have crashed or gone off course, so it is clearly just a waste of money." [In fact, while there were a few spectacular failures, most of the Mars missions have worked as planned and been reasonably successful.]</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>This fallacy mimics good reasoning in the most direct possible way. It draws valid conclusions from valid principles. It errs only in drawing these conclusions from facts that just ain't so...</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>What does all this mean ? It means use your God given common sense not someones facts !</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>Remember ! Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see !</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>Facts will never replace common sense http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>Trust me...</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG>

</BIG></BIG>
<BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG>

HOLM
06-24-07, 11:05 AM
HOLM & huey guns: Rush Limbaugh is probably the most notorious practitioner of misrepresenting the facts (a deductive fallacy of soundness with a falsehood in the minor premise). A<big><big>rguments based on incorrect information, i.e. the relevant facts presented in the argument simply aren't true.</big></big>
<big><big>
</big></big>
<big><big></big></big>

:thumbup:

I agree for the most part 10z.. Where I draw the line is that it is all propaganda...

ALL of IT.. Everything you see hear, touch, feel, taste, ect...

For purposes of this discussion... If you find that Pravda.. and the Government controlled Iranian news channels are reflecting almost exactly what you believe to be true..

I think that is a problem..

COMMON SENSE.. would tell me that.. :p j/k

BECAUSE the things that, that SOB from Iran is saying have very little to do with this "world Peace" that all ya'll beauty pageant hopefuls are saying you want to accomplish..

I admire ya'll really I do.. but sometimes an IRON FIST... is what is needed... or what needs to be stopped..

You keep talking to the fist... I am going punch the SOB right in the nose..

erased
06-24-07, 01:32 PM
" But when Jets "facts" line right up with IRAN'S "fact's" I have to assume something is up... Right?"

The problem I have with this argument is simple: it's completely crazy. This Iranian news outlet likely gets its stories from the AP like most other news outlets. Unless you can prove that AP is a communist front, you don't have much to worry about between Jet and Iran.

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 01:49 PM
erased, it just shows how extreme his thoughts are that he can even consider or not consider how these stories are distributed.

You can't make this sh1t up.....

OLE SARG
06-24-07, 02:13 PM
10th,
How about some "facts" that Rush has misrepresented. I find that he is damn near right on, especially when talking about the "cut and run" democrats and the two-faced Repubs!!!!!
Just the facts, man, just the facts!!!!
I am also a listener to Bill O'Riley and most of the time he is right on also!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 02:23 PM
Comedian Rush Lim(p)baugh and Michael J. Fox.

Nuff Said here Marine.

erased
06-24-07, 02:25 PM
My favorite was his antipathy toward drug addicts right before his addiction to painkillers came out.

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 02:28 PM
LOL. That's why he is called "Comedian". This guy is a joke:D

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/individuals/rush_limbaugh/

enjoy

FistFu68
06-24-07, 03:05 PM
:evilgrin: EVERBODY PICK'S THEIR POISON,WHAT'S YOUR'S???:evilgrin:

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 03:07 PM

Truth

erased
06-24-07, 03:13 PM

http://www.arrogantbastard.com

FistFu68
06-24-07, 03:16 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO) THE TRUTH,YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCEN TRUTH IS;YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FUCEN TRUTH(BOOT):D :beer:

jetdawgg
06-24-07, 03:18 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO) THE TRUTH,YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCEN TRUTH IS;YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FUCEN TRUTH(BOOT):D :beer:

You listen to that 'Comedian' for truth, not me....

FistFu68
06-24-07, 03:44 PM
:evilgrin: GET YOU'R FUCEN FACT'S STRAIGHT BOOT,I DON'T LISTEN TOO ANY OF THESE BASTARD'S FOR A FUCEN THING!!!I'M NOT THE ONE AL'WAY'S SHOOTING MY MOUTH OFF,ON THIS POLITICAL CHIT.DON'T WATCH THE NEW'S OR LISTEN TOO THE RADIO.THE ONLY POLITICAL CHIT,I SEE OR HEAR IS ON THIS SITE.THERE ARE A FEW OF YOU.THAT ARE REALLY FUCEN COMEDIAN'S!!!(BOOT) IF I WANT ANY LIP,FROM YOU;I'LL SCAPE IT OFF MY ZIPPER!!!:D

10thzodiac
06-24-07, 07:53 PM
10th,
How about some "facts" that Rush has misrepresented. I find that he is damn near right on, especially when talking about the "cut and run" democrats and the two-faced Repubs!!!!!
Just the facts, man, just the facts!!!!
I am also a listener to Bill O'Riley and most of the time he is right on also!!

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARGE,
Limbaugh has used his radio program as a launching pad to spread outrageous remarks and misinformation, including likening the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal to "an out-of-control fraternity prank," and claiming that Senator John McCain has not spoken out against the examination into President Bush's National Guard duty because the former prisoner of war McCain is being "held as a POW by the Kerry camp, in the Kerry Hilton somewhere." Limbaugh has also proven a highly unreliable source for information, mis-characterizing topics such as education spending, the minimum wage, the federal deficit, and the Kyoto Protocol, among others.

SF

10thz

OLE SARG
06-24-07, 09:18 PM
Is there another Rush Limbaugh? It would seem we take and process information received in a very different manner.
I did not agree with McCain's Bill of Rights for Terrorists because I would think he would remember how he was treated in North Vietnam!!!!!! As far as I am concerned Terrorist have no rights under the Geneva Convention!!!! AND the BS about we treat them kinder and gentler and they will do the same is just that BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!
Education spending is beyond rediculous and that is what has been stated. Most states feel the more they spend on education, the smarter the kids will be -------- NOT!!!!!! Kansas City is a prime example - we spend more per student than most states and Kansas City's education system is one of the WORST in the U. S.
I realize Rush is an entertainer but a well educated one........
Same with Bill O'Riley - he puts himself out there to protect us "folks"!!!! AND he does - look at some of the scum judges he has taken on and got taken off the bench. Bill O'Riley also is a fighter for better laws to take the scum child molestors off the street!!

SEMPER FI,

huey guns
06-28-07, 11:41 PM
Like I said, when facts come in that don't line up with the lefts talking points, they try and shut down your access to it ( Fairness Doctrine?) or just promote their own agenda through the courts.

jetdawgg
06-29-07, 09:08 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/foxiraqcivilwar.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/foleyD.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/2001883825464813443_rs.jpg