PDA

View Full Version : PLC program

RoadsterRider
06-22-07, 01:33 AM
I've been interested in becoming a pilot in the military for a very long time now, my recruiter is trying to get me to sign a reservist contract then go through boot camp after which i will supposedely enter into the PLC program. Now, throughout this period I have had to sift out fact from BS, which i knew i would have to do when i entered the recruiter's office. I am having trouble finding information on one piece of the puzzle though. My recruiter tells me that if i do enter into the PLC program my reserve contract can be shredded upon entry and i wont have to worry about being shipped out or even training with them any more. My question is whether or not this is true. He also tells me i'll be a "shoe-in" into the PLC program, which i'd like to believe, but i'm willing to bet there is a very large demand for this program.

How easy would it be to enter this program with ASVAB scores of-
AFQT-96
MM-140
GT-142

And somewhere around a 280 on the PFT

I cant rememer the other ones off hand, i'm looking for my score sheet right now though.

Thanks for your assistance,
Cory

killerinstinct
06-22-07, 07:55 AM
well what he says is true as long as you dont have the military pay for your college or pay off any loans.

If you take the money you do have to join and if you wont be an officer they will make you enlist.

So lets recap take the money you are required to join. Also you will have to keep a C average in school. In my opinion this is probably the best way to become an officer and also you choose wether you want to be a ground officer or an aviation officer..

rvillac2
06-23-07, 03:36 AM
You need to fill out your profile.
You don't mention anything about college.
PLC is for college students.

You can enter PLC but not be released from your enlistment contract. Any drills you miss will have to be made up to comprise a satisfactory year of your contract.

shank
07-01-07, 05:47 AM
You talking to an OSO (Officer Selection Office)? There's some options to becoming a Marine pilot depending on where you are:

1. While attending college, talk to an OSO and get involved in PLC (Platoon Leaders Course) - you'll attend two 6-week sessions at OCS (unless this has changed since my day),
2. After college, talk to an OSO and go to OCS
3. Prior to college, join NROTC and in your second year choose 'Marine Option,'
4. If you're already enlisted in the Marine Corps look into MECEP (Marine Enlisted Commissioning Enlisted Program).

Just understand that we referred to the flight school as the "DIP" - Delayed Infantry Program...

Good luck...