PDA

View Full Version : Osama bin Laden in now celebrating day 2,100 of freedom

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 08:58 AM
I just attended a great Take Back America (http://tba2007.confabb.com/conferences/tba2007/details) session called "Out of Iraq; What comes Next" that included Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA) and VoteVets.org (http://www.votevets.org/) founder Jon Soltz.

Congresswoman Lee was as strong as she always is on the issue of Iraq, saying what the crowd here already knows: That George W. Bush is interested only in continuing the occupation and trying to keep an increasingly tiny percentage of the American people in the dark about what's going on in Iraq.

"We say what's next in terms of out of Iraq, but in their minds, what's next is more of the same lying and stalling and playing politics with peoples' lives that got us into this mess in the first place," said Lee, to thunderous applause. "And that must stop -- that's what's going on over at the White House."

But as well received as Lee was, it was Iraq war Veteran Soltz who electrified the room.

In addition to showing the popular VoteVets television ads (http://www.votevets.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=152&Itemid=60) that many believe helped swing some close Congressional elections into the Democratic column in 2006, Soltz had harsh words for Bush's tough-guy talk while the troops in Iraq are the ones having to back up his big mouth.

"There was nothing worse for us in Iraq than to be fighting insurgents every day and hear my Commander-in-Chief, a draft-dodger from Vietnam encouraging my enemies with words like 'bring it on,'" said Soltz to the packed room. "That's real easy to say when your kids are in Argentina."

Soltz also commented on the fact that Osama bin Laden in now celebrating day 2,100 of freedom since Bush uttered his empty "dead or alive" threat in 2001.

"We've gotten away from that in this country," said Soltz of any resolve to actually catch the man who claimed responsibility for the September 11 attacks. "With 90 percent of our Army in Iraq, bin Laden is eating lamb chops back in Afghanistan."

And Soltz talked about the mission of his organization saying that VoteVets will continue to go into Congressional districts and hold every Republican "…accountable for voting against the troops and voting against the military and voting for policies that embolden the enemy."

"When George Bush stands up and says we're going to be in Iraq for 50 years, he has just handed al-Qaeda a recruiting poster," said Soltz. "We say we're not there for their oil and then our president stands up and says we're going to be there for 50 years."

"Thank you, Mr. Bush, for emboldening the enemy. Thank you for emboldening Iran."

And, with that, Take Back America is off to a great start.

http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007/06/votevets-founder-jon-soltz-rocks-take.html

Great job here right guys?

DWG
06-21-07, 09:04 AM
"With 90 percent of our Army in Iraq, bin Laden is eating lamb chops back in Afghanistan."

I know a bunch of Marines in Afghanistan right now that would like the address of this party. Since Soltz seems to know so much, maybe he could provide it.

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 09:19 AM
Jon Soltz, the Co-Founder and Chairman of VoteVets.org, is a powerful leader in the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans community and is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. From May to September 2003, Soltz served as a Captain during Operation Iraqi Freedom, deploying logistics convoys with the 1st Armored Division. During 2005 Captain Soltz was mobilized for 365 days at Fort Dix New Jersey, training soldiers for combat in Afghanistan and Iraq. He also served his country with distinction in the Kosovo Campaign as a Tank Platoon Leader between June and December 2000. Soltz is a graduate of Washington & Jefferson College with dual degree in Political Science and History.

He has completed graduate work at the University of Pitts… Show full bio › (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/#)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/

Old Marine
06-21-07, 09:21 AM
It would not supprise me if Osama was eating lamb chops right here in the U.S.A.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-21-07, 09:30 AM
Blahblahblah. The usual leftie propaganda. "Served as Veterans for Kerry coordinator" etc etc etc.

Big whoop.

Oh, here is how he felt about General Pace:

"General Peter Pace was let go today as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. That's a good thing. But the administration has tolerated his poor performance for too long, and dismissed him fearing his anticipated reconfirmation hearing would be ugly....."

He's a professional agitator with nothing new to say, that hasn't been already regurgitated by his pals in the demo party.

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 09:39 AM
SGT Lep, I posted his thread on Gen Pace in that thread.

About this topic, I think his point about the resources we put into Afghanistan pretty accurate. Instead of flushing out OBL this admin had plans on Iraq and blew it.

That travesty is indefensible and has cost the USA badly. The country is now so split the terrorists don't want to attack us on our soil as it would unite us again.

We have created a fertile ground for terrorists to build and forge relationships with each other. These relationships work against us. Agree with Stolz or not. OBL is still free after 5.9 years since 911.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-21-07, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I saw that after I posted here. Didn't mean to double that one up. Sorry.

My honest take on OBL is that if we didn't get him at Tora Bora, we probably weren't going to get him at all, unless we went full bore into Pakistan, which just wasn't gonna happen. No matter how much we all might want it, just a no go.

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 10:36 AM
We owe that SOB:usmc:

yellowwing
06-21-07, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I saw that after I posted here. Didn't mean to double that one up. Sorry.

My honest take on OBL is that if we didn't get him at Tora Bora, we probably weren't going to get him at all, unless we went full bore into Pakistan, which just wasn't gonna happen. No matter how much we all might want it, just a no go.
Its up to Condi to make it happen. Offer that military dictator another 100 F-16s, whatever. Dangle the F-117 in his nose. Let our lads go in and kick ass.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-21-07, 11:08 AM
While initially that seems like a good idea, then we'd have that to deal with. God knows, it would give the air farce something to finally do after all these years (a taliban leaning gummint with F117's..) but I'd want OBL on a platter, dead, before any deliveries were made.

drumcorpssnare
06-21-07, 11:37 AM
We have created a fertile ground for terrorists to build and forge relationships with each other.

Your posts come across to me, as though the entire issue in the Middle East is all "our" fault. Like President Bush is the bad guy. Like the terrorists just magically appeared, all of the sudden, out of nowhere!

Tell me, was it G.W.'s fault that the radical Sunni revivalists formed the "Muslim Brotherhood" in Egypt in 1928?

Did Pres. Bush conspire with Dick Cheney and al-jihaz al-sirri to murder a head of state in 1948?

And for sure, George and the boys knew the Marine Barracks was a terrorist target, in 1983, and said nothing....

So, if this is all President Bush's fault, then the terrorist jihadis are the victims, right?

Please share with us, YOUR knowledge of the Islamic extremeist movement.
And by all means, in your summation of the history and activities of these various jihadist organizations, share with us how it's all George Bush's fault.

Good-luck!:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

JCam0331
06-21-07, 11:43 AM
we'll get his butt one day.

yellowwing
06-21-07, 12:09 PM
we'll get his butt one day.
It takes a huge effort by a on the scene BN S-2 then an order to Ops to go out and kill this mutha.

There are teams of USMC Scout Snipers waiting for the order. To get the chance to cut OBL in half with a 50 cal round, makes you want to get up each morning! :evilgrin:

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 12:51 PM
We have created a fertile ground for terrorists to build and forge relationships with each other.

Your posts come across to me, as though the entire issue in the Middle East is all "our" fault. Like President Bush is the bad guy. Like the terrorists just magically appeared, all of the sudden, out of nowhere!

Tell me, was it G.W.'s fault that the radical Sunni revivalists formed the "Muslim Brotherhood" in Egypt in 1928?

Did Pres. Bush conspire with Dick Cheney and al-jihaz al-sirri to murder a head of state in 1948?

And for sure, George and the boys knew the Marine Barracks was a terrorist target, in 1983, and said nothing....

So, if this is all President Bush's fault, then the terrorist jihadis are the victims, right?

Please share with us, YOUR knowledge of the Islamic extremeist movement.
And by all means, in your summation of the history and activities of these various jihadist organizations, share with us how it's all George Bush's fault.

Good-luck!:banana:

Drums, I repeat again the fault of this admin has been the lack of a sane foreign policy. This is what has led to the events that haunt us today.

Clearly that is in the hands of this admin. That is all that I fault them for and the problems that the lack of a sane FP brings

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 12:53 PM
It takes a huge effort by a on the scene BN S-2 then an order to Ops to go out and kill this mutha.

There are teams of USMC Scout Snipers waiting for the order. To get the chance to cut OBL in half with a 50 cal round, makes you want to get up each morning! :evilgrin:

http://sidesalad.net/archives/OsamaTarget.jpg

drumcorpssnare
06-21-07, 01:01 PM
jetdawgg- With all due respect, you are basing your opinions on "only half the story."
Maybe, if you knew "our" enemy, as well as you know "your" enemy (Bush) your thinking might be less "left" and more moderate.
I already know that "our" enemy is narrow-minded and completely unwilling to compromise. Isn't that the way you view Pres. Bush?

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 01:09 PM
jetdawgg- With all due respect, you are basing your opinions on "only half the story."
Maybe, if you knew "our" enemy, as well as you know "your" enemy (Bush) your thinking might be less "left" and more moderate.
I already know that "our" enemy is narrow-minded and completely unwilling to compromise. Isn't that the way you view Pres. Bush?

Mr. Bush is not my enemy.:D

This stuff cracks me up how can you "right wingers" even come up with that thought.

Clearly, I think that Mr. Bush should have done things differently. I thought so from the first winds of this war debacle in Iraq and the Nowhere Mission in Afghanistan.

I dont' worry about the enemy. I study them. I learn about them. I can't change them. I only worry about what I can control and that is here in the USA.

Mr. Bush and his lost admin will be gone in 18 months or so. The election process will present a new opportunity to a new WH office holder. I will use the American Process for change, like I did this past November to see that someone more capable holds the office.

Hopefully others who are like minded, and thought that way this past November will do the same.

OLE SARG
06-21-07, 03:36 PM
AND WHO out of the crop of DO-NOTHINGERS, in both parties, do you think is going to be capable to hold office. I see a lot of two-face talking, lying, and promises THAT WILL NNNNEEEVVVVEEEERRRR EEEEVVVEEERRR get filled, hic-hillary, excuse me for that belch!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
06-21-07, 03:43 PM
Ole Sarge with botht he executive and legislative branches of the gov't getting an aggregate total of 40% approval from the public, I was hoping Ellie could run.

She keeps it tidy around here:D . We can drink, see ladies, cuss....:D

OLE SARG
06-21-07, 03:49 PM
I'll second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,