PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow, the day of truth

dikatry
03-16-03, 01:12 PM
Well, I just got done watching the Azores summit. President Bush and Tony Blair just said that tomorrow is the day for other countries to decide weather they are with us or not. And possibly as soon as tomorrow night he will address the country to tell us we are going to war.

What are all of your thoughts on this?

ktriplett
03-16-03, 03:18 PM
Good. The longer we wait, the less credible we look to Saddam. He knows that all he has to do is buy himself time and he'll get all he wants. We need to take care of him now.

03Infantry
03-16-03, 04:42 PM
The protestors are going to crap themselves. At my school they had a protest about not bringing back the draft....I couldn't believe it. It was all the really big kids too that the military would never draft (even thoguh the draft is not coming back)!!!

yellowwing
03-16-03, 06:19 PM
I have not always agreed with our Commander in Chief. But now the hour is upon us when history will take note what happens in the next few weeks.

I pray that he has the strength and wisdom to do what is best for all mankind. He has the honor of leading our beloved Corps. We will serve and perform the duty that is put forth before us. We will not fail, because we cannot stand even the thought of failing a fellow Marine.

As I grow older the old tale of the last bullet and match atop of our flag poles seems more real. Oddly enough I keep an MP3 file of the old Soviet National Anthem on my computer. I listen to it to remind myself that my Brother Marine's and I were part of the team that did defeat them.

Tens of thousands of our Brothers are now in the field ready to continue our proud tradition. My thoughts and prayers go out to them to be true to each other. As I sit in a comfortable chair in front if a slick computer, I can see that Lance God, rechecking his weapon. His sergeant ensures that all canteens and magazines are filled. The LT is double checking the duty roster. The Company commander is making sure the ammo and fuel resupply is in order. That tough old bird of a First Sergeant is making sure his lads are ready to rumble!

When the final tale is told to our great-grand children, let it be known that when humanity was at a difficult crossroads that our Corps performed with Uncommon Valor!

03Infantry
03-17-03, 04:14 PM
Tonight is the night....he is gonna tell Saddam either he leaves Iraq or we attack....Sadamm has 72 hours. Pray for our leaders and our troops

dikatry
03-17-03, 08:04 PM
48 hours

Soon2BkidTx
03-17-03, 08:59 PM
WE WILL DOMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEMPER FI

I LEAVE SOON I DONT WANNA MISS IT LOL....GO INFANTRY!!!!

03Infantry
03-18-03, 08:16 PM
HELL YEAH SEND IN THE MARINES AND IT IS OVER........wish I was one

Seeley
03-18-03, 11:06 PM
Well the countdown doesn't really mean much anymore. After Saddam said that he wasn't going to leave and he suggested that Bush step down...well yeah I'm sure you get the picture. If Saddam doesn't agree to the terms we delt him, the countdown doesn't mean a "gosh dang" thing. This war won't be as quick as the last "war" either guys. This one is going to take at least a few months of ground war according to Major and Gunny. Re-establishing government there will be a pain as well. The Arabs will have to deal with the US riding in on its white horse again and "westernizing" them. The Army will probably have to act as an occupational force too, ensuring that there will be few if little uprisings after Saddam is either forced out or eleminated.

I just don't see this one going away overnight. Hell, with any luck there will be plenty of ish to go around when I'm good to go in. My prayers are with US airmen, soldiers, sailors and Marines and all of yours should be too. I don't care who or what you pray to, just pray for their safety!

gatormatt
03-18-03, 11:12 PM
I think the re-establishment of government in Iraq is gonna be a pain too. Hopefully it goes as well as it did in Afghanistan, but I doubt it will. Too much damage is gonna be done to the infastructure. Its gonna take a long time to rebuild and hopefully we help, and don't do a half-a$$ed job cause then we'll look bad if Iraq goes to hell again. must my opinion though.

FREDDY
03-18-03, 11:16 PM
For those who do not know the feeling of breeching minefields and smell oil smoke as well as seeing the cobras flying 20 feet over your head as well as hearing the first ak 47 round zing by your head its something you dont forget just wish I was back for round II.
Never, Never, Never give up
winston churchill
Semper fi

wrbones
03-18-03, 11:30 PM
Seeley, yer startin' to scare me.

Yer makin' sense. :D :banana:

JChristin
03-19-03, 01:14 AM
Hey Bones,

Aren't ya proud of these hope to be's! Reading their postings brought tears to me eyes! Why, I think this up and coming generation of hope-to-be Marines will make us all proud! Honor, Courage, Committment, their more than just mere words. I sense it developing right here in this forum! OOOH RAH!

semper fi
jchristin

wrbones
03-19-03, 01:50 AM
Yep. But don't tell them I said so. They'll get the big heads on me! LOL.

Gettin' them this far has been like herdin' cats! LOL.

We've got a few of them sorted out and they're bringin' along the 'new guys', so it's all good now! They're gettin' the idea.

They're startin' to listen and they're startin' to get it and get it for all of the right reasons! Yer damn right I'm proud!

Even when they **** me off.

It's a joy and an honor to be a part, however small, of bringing the 'New Corps' up to speed! My hope is that every damn one of them turn out to be better Marines than we were! The bar has been raised and it looks like they just might reach it!

dikatry
03-19-03, 12:20 PM
Hey, if any of you guys are on here right now 10:20 pacific time. They are about to have a segment on CNN on the Marines. I dont know what its all about but I just saw one Marine chewing another ones butt.

Update: Its was about this Marine who refuses to carry the same weight as the rest of the Marines and cant keep up, he refuses to finish hikes. When they interviewed him he said "I know what my limits are and I'm not going to try pass them. What I can do is what I can do” when they asked the reason for all of his stress he replied "I haven’t had any contact with my family"

I don’t know about the rest of you, but to me this is almost disgraceful. Isn’t part of what the Marines are about is knowing your boundaries and breaking through them? Also, I have never been in a war, I have never been to boot camp. For those of you who have, is not having contact with your family a reason to not try hard and not finish your mission? This guys not even in combat yet.

its gonna be on again in a couple of minutes

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 12:59 PM
Darn. I missed it ... 40 minutes too late.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

JChristin
03-19-03, 01:22 PM
we take care of our own...

semper fi
jchristin

03Infantry
03-19-03, 04:09 PM
How sadamm can sleep knowing the Marines are coming is beyond me. Thank God for the Marines.......thank you to those fighting now and those that have fought in past wars!

Seeley
03-19-03, 05:35 PM
LOL we were watching CNN in JROTC today and one of the Iraqi officials stated that he was ready to stand his ground with Saddam and he has even, "equipped himself with a pistol to take out any American GIs." LMAO A PISTOL!!! Whoooo this guy scares the crap outta me HAHA!

22DevilPup87
03-19-03, 06:31 PM
Equipped himself with a pistol? I hope the troops overseas were able to hear about that. I bet it'd lessen a lot of the tension.

Lock-n-Load
03-19-03, 06:59 PM
Better call Col Jack Nicholson back...as Pvt William SANTIAGO....is alive in Kuwait and messing up again!!!! LOL...LOL:marine: :marine:

wrbones
03-19-03, 07:05 PM
Shows he's scared. Plus it's propganda to show he's behind Saddam. It'd be like one of the politicos on Capitol Hill in Washigton sayin' that. Most of them don't know one end of a weapon from another.

Lot of things can be read into that statement.

Ya got a link fer the story? Ya got me curious now.

03Infantry
03-19-03, 08:59 PM
I also heard that a guy on the news said that 70% of their tanks (he was an iraqi soldier) and that 100,000 of them are ready to surrender. We also have photos of them all ready practicing surrenduring and oh Marine Corps high officials expect it too take 5 days until the Marines are in downtown bagdad. Sadamm is going down

Seeley
03-19-03, 10:42 PM
wrbones: I'll look for that article but I saw it on TV today. I also just got done watching the tomahawk cruise missiles hit Iraq. Very cool. The missile sort of glided across the screen and then WHAM! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! Then a bunch of scared sh!tless Iraqis started their AA guns.

wrbones
03-19-03, 10:49 PM
Watchin' Fox news myself since a few minutes after 20:00 my time. I saaw that video.

Looks like a combination of missiles and 'precision guided bombs'

03-20-03, 07:27 AM
Exactly what it was wrbones, to bad none of them hit they're targets...man those F-117's are cool looking though :)
There trrops are actually practicing how to surrender? I didn't know that, pretty cool. I was watching CNN all last night and just heard this morning that Iraq was firing scuds back at us, good thing no one was hurt. So how many of you guys have friends/family over there? My best friend is an 0311 and is over there get ready rto go in, I think he said he was in A Company or somehting, I couldn't eally here him over the phone, he called just before he left last month. I wish I could be over there with him and the rest of the Marines, at least it would get me away from all these d@mn anti-war protests...

Barrio_rat
03-20-03, 09:18 AM
I was up a bit late last night watching the news... Saw Col North - they hit him live just as the sirens started blasting. He got his mask on well enough. When he was asked about his heavy breathing and if the mask was preventing him from getting any air he just said he's got 40 years on most of the young Marines he's with - they dawned and cleared and put on their MOP gear, then helped Col North get his MOP suit on (Marines helpin Marines) - he did say, if it had been a more direct attack and with gas, he'd be hurtin for certin and was thankful to those Marines who helped him out. At the same time they had this reporter in Kuwait, he says "can ya hear the sirens?" then a guy from behind the camera mentions something about gas so the reporter says to the camera "they say it's gas and we should put on our gas masks" and I'm thinkin, I'd be sayin that sh.t after my gas mask was on - so he holds up the gas mask to show everyone at home what he's gonna need to put on... dear Lord, what a moron. So he finally starts to put it on and I start counting.. I got to ten before he got any of the straps around his head... went something like this "8... 9... 10... yer a dead man" Wife wanted to know what I meant, just told her - when they say gas, ya ain't got long if it's really there. So he has it on and then says "well, I think I could tighten it a little more" LOL wife and I got a good laugh at that one. Even the news people in NYC were telling him "we can wait, get the gear on" Reporters, no wonder the military don't like having them along...

That said, I've got a new found respect for Geraldo Rivera... either he got brainwashed by the Bush propoganda machine, or he's seen the light as to what the military does for his freedoms and what the entire Operation Enduring Freedom is all about. That's a go anywhere mofo... and he don't talk down at all about what the troops are doing and how they are doing it.

03Infantry
03-20-03, 04:22 PM
That was a fat video

03Infantry
03-20-03, 07:13 PM
I'M WATCHING THE NEWS RIGHT NOW AND THERE ARE PROTESTORS IN OREGON (BY WHERE I LIVE IN VANCOUVER) AND THOSE ANTI WAR PROTESTORS ARE BEING FAGS AND CARRYING THE AMERICAN FLAG UPSIDE DOWN AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PUT A SNOW SHOVE ON THE FRONT OF MY TRUCK AND DRIVE THREW THEM

Seeley
03-20-03, 09:20 PM
Yeah...there are a bunch of hippies in Seattle protesting for peace too...Lets just see what happens when someone threatens the life of them and their families, then we'll see who wants peace. They say they want peace but I guarantee you that if you were to spit on them they wouldn't hesitate to strike out at you ;). Peace my ass. My theory is "Without peace, there is no war; without war, there is no peace." One always leads to another.

03Infantry
03-20-03, 09:26 PM
They are starting to get violent in Portland........peace protest my .................. I can't believe they are burning flags AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate portland!!!!!!!!!!!!

03Infantry
03-20-03, 09:30 PM
WE ALSO HAD A PRO TROOPS RALLY IN PORTLAND. THAT RALLY HAD NO VIOLENCE WHATSOEVER. JUST GOES TO SHOW YA WHO IS ACTUALLY FOR VIOLENCE (THE SO CALLED PEACE PROTESTORS). I hope the Iraqis just give up so I can hold a sign in Portland that says you were wrong protestors we won.......haha

JChristin
03-20-03, 09:39 PM
Today, attending a PRO-BUSH PRO-TROOPS Rally in downtown Portland, Or., as I was walking back to my pickup, lo and behold, I intersected with several hundred Anti-Bush Pro-Saddam "peace" protesters. As they chanted, "Peace, When do we want it," I stood straight and yelled back, "here's your peace," and waved them the figure. Oh, ya, a little "spit" escaped my mouth. Several of them surrrounded me. Ya, like that would scare me. They asked me not to spit. Told them not to spit on my brother and sister Marines, with their demonstrations. Told them to go read their history. Told them to **** themselves. They walked away.

Just then, a camera man for a news agency extended his hand to me, while we shook hands he said, "thanks for doing that, I'm a Sgt. in the National Guard, thanks for standing up against them. You're cool." I said, "thanks" back and said I was a veteran LCpl. of the Marine Corps.

As far as I'm concerned, these yellow-belly son-of-a- bitvhes are belittling our brother and sister Marines, and all the other troops out there. They can kiss my a$$.

Vancouver, Washington - for those of you unfamiliar with the Northwest, is directly across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.

HOWEVER, IF I WERE ACTIVE TODAY - MY DEMEANOR WOULD OF BEEN TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I WOULD OF AVOIDED - AT ALL COSTS - ANY AREA WHERE CONFLICT OF THIS NATURE MAY OCCUR. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IN THIS FORUM.

semper fi,
jchristin

03Infantry
03-20-03, 09:55 PM
I live right by Portland. I thank you Marines for everything. Who cares what the protestors say. Yeah I saw on the news where the anti war protestors tried to start a fight with those ralling for our troops. Thanks for being out there Mam. I want to get another rally started in Camas.

ktriplett
03-21-03, 12:24 AM
grrrr...Don't the realize that their pathetic little protests don't do anything but **** people off? I think it's time for me to bring out my "stupid stick" and knock some sense into these people.

03Infantry
03-21-03, 08:44 AM
The people in Portland were whining that since Oregon has really no money we should be saving them not going to war. They said people are living on the street but we are paying to fight in Iraq. What they don't realize is that their little protest yesterday cost Oregon a lot of money, because they had to have police, and police vehicles. The last 2 protests they have done have cost over 25,000 dollars..........and the Government is wasting money?

wrbones
03-21-03, 08:48 AM
Now yer gettin' the picture, bud.

One plus one is two, and those folks don't want to learn how to count.

Barrio_rat
03-21-03, 10:36 AM
Sure am glad I've got Mt Hood and the rest of the Cascades keeping the peace protestors (I do like calling them that) from coming over here. Though, if they did... well, the desert is large and more'n a few have been 'lost' in it...

dikatry
03-21-03, 10:54 AM
JChristin: If you learn of any more pro-bush, pro-troop rallys in portland or in the Northwest post it on here. I will go for certain and I know there is a lot of people on here from the Northwest that would be willing to go support.

Thanks

03Infantry
03-21-03, 03:45 PM
WE should start one in Vanouver. I have lots of friends that would support it. We could have it at the mall because that is where the Marine Corps recruiting station is.

young_dog19
03-21-03, 04:54 PM
It's about time. Saddam needs to taken out of his regime. The people of Iraq have been suffering for nearly a quarter of a decade. I hate to see suffering. The Marines will definitely get the job done. They're already starting to close in on Baghdad. We are already starting to see the effects of war. May those who were killed yesterday rest in peace. These men may have died early in the war, but were still an important part of our campaign. No one can ever deny this. I don't wish to see anymore suffering. I'm on open contract at the moment. It's the hardest choice of my life: What will I do for 4 years? I want to fight, but I also want to write, it's what I'm best at. I feel I can accomplish a lot as a combat correspondent. I almost feel like I'm cheering on the sidelines right now. One thing I've also noticed is that some of the protesters are blissfully unaware of the price of freedom. Yes, we may lose lives in the process, but I'm sure that they don't want chemical weapons tested on them or be forced to vote for a dictator at gunpoint. No matter what happens, I will be proud to serve my country, just like my forefathers and all of the Marines here! I will also be a first generation Marine after I graduate. To all of you guys who have served in the past, thank you. Thank you for fighting for freedom, justice, and peace. You all truly shine with the Corps values: Honor, Courage, and Committment. I can't wait to join you all. It will be a proud moment for me when I do.

03Infantry
03-21-03, 05:28 PM
What they don't realize is that in Iraq they couldn't protest like they do here. If they did they would be killed. I'm serious about that Vancouver thing

young_dog19
03-21-03, 05:34 PM
True dat! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Oh well... some people are just stupid, I guess!!

JChristin
03-21-03, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 03Infantry
What they don't realize is that in Iraq they couldn't protest like they do here. If they did they would be killed. I'm serious about that Vancouver thing

I enjoy hearing your spirit. Doing that which is right is not always the easiest thing to do. Oftentimes, it may require biting one's fingernails so hard that fingers disappears! I know and understand. Self-Imposed Restraint (SIR) is not always comfortable, especially at times like these. Particularly in the "touching-touching/feely-feely liberal drench area of western Oregon and Washington. When I arrived home last night and watched the television local news and saw that those anti-war protester were burning the United States Flag, my rage grew. If only I and the few other Marines (vets) I spent time with had only witnessed that.

At this point, for anyone entering the finest military branch in the world will be better served individually to wait on the sidelines and stay out of any trouble, so that the Marine Corps as a whole can be better served by your dedication to duty. Have to keep that police record clean as a whistle!

If you are committed to standing on the sidelines and waving the greatest flag in the entire world, we will do so! However, if you are active - you have already received orders to stay away.

semper fi
jchristin

03Infantry
03-21-03, 09:43 PM
I am gonna bite my whole finger off, but I know you are right.

young_dog19
03-22-03, 11:58 AM
You know what gets me? People still think that there's a big chance for a draft! If there was, we wouldn't want the protesters, because they would screw us over or they would never make it past IST.

03Infantry
03-22-03, 01:05 PM
Well the Marines wouldn't draft them. The Marines don't want people that can't hack it.

young_dog19
03-22-03, 01:12 PM
You know what would be funny? If there was a draft, and all the protesters got all the crap jobs that no one wants to do.

03Infantry
03-22-03, 02:23 PM
True that. And if we run out of jobs they can just clean the latrines. Kids at my school were handing out things saying no draft and the kids that were handing these out are the ones that no service would ever draft. They smoke alot of weed and are pretty much brain dead.

03Infantry
03-22-03, 02:24 PM
I mean head........they can clean the head