PDA

View Full Version : Snake eaters?

CWS
06-21-07, 03:23 AM
I once heard a Marine talking about a special operations team known as the "Snake eaters". He talked only briefly about them, and the only real info I got out of it was, basically, they're the baddest mothers in the military. Now I'm more than a little curious, and I was hoping a few of you Marines could help shed some light on these Snake eaters. Once again, thanks a lot.

FistFu68
06-21-07, 05:02 AM
:evilgrin: WE WERE THE (PUSS-EATER'S),WE WERE THE BADDEST;ALL THE SPECIAL OP'S MEN'S WIFES USED TOO RUN.WHEN THEY SAW US COMING,IN OUR DIRECTION;OF COARSE!!!:D SEMPER~PUSS~:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
06-21-07, 05:42 AM
I once heard a Marine talking about a special operations team known as the "Snake eaters". He talked only briefly about them, and the only real info I got out of it was, basically, they're the baddest mothers in the military. Now I'm more than a little curious, and I was hoping a few of you Marines could help shed some light on these Snake eaters. Once again, thanks a lot.

"Snake Eaters" is generic term applied to the special ops people. It started as a name for the Army Green Berets as they learned to catch and eat snakes as part of their survival training. Other similar units came to be called snake eaters too, such as SEALS and Force Recon, as they too received similar training.

I've heard the term mostly applied to mean the Green Berets.

Marine84
06-21-07, 07:38 AM
:evilgrin: WE WERE THE (PUSS-EATER'S),WE WERE THE BADDEST;ALL THE SPECIAL OP'S MEN'S WIFES USED TOO RUN.WHEN THEY SAW US COMING,IN OUR DIRECTION;OF COARSE!!!:D SEMPER~PUSS~:evilgrin:

I would have too!

killerinstinct
06-21-07, 08:00 AM
hhahah pussies come to Texas we BBQ them make chili out of them even before being a bad ass... It says NOTHING about being hard core cuz a perosn can eat a snake!!!

Or it just means everyone in Texas is already up to par with them!!!!!

ggyoung
06-21-07, 10:41 AM
Texas is all pussies. Real snake eaters eat them raw.

FistFu68
06-21-07, 12:05 PM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO)MARINE 84!!!I HAD THE PLEASURE,OF TEACHING AN AFTER HOUR'S CLASS;TO WOMEN MARINE AND NAVY NURSE'S ALL OFFICER'S ON QUANTICO.IN AN IMPROMTO,ON THE JOB;(SURVIVAL)CLASS OF THE HAZARD'S ENCOUNTERD IN THE CONCRETE JUNGLE!!!THE CLASS FOCUSED ON EATING (WHITESNAKE)OR LIGHT GREEN,ANYTIME,ANYWHERE;ANYWHO!!! I GOT REALLY CHEWED OUT,FOR THAT ONE.(LOL):D

drumcorpssnare
06-21-07, 12:23 PM
Texas is all pussies. Real snake eaters eat them raw.
...yes, but Marines are so bad, they eat snakes that are still ALIVE !!!:D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

yellowwing
06-21-07, 12:25 PM
Well CWS, bieing a 'snake eater' is no easy task. Being the last great super power, you want to be at the front of 360 million? How big are your b*lls?

CWS
06-22-07, 03:29 AM
Well CWS, bieing a 'snake eater' is no easy task. Being the last great super power, you want to be at the front of 360 million? How big are your b*lls?

Actually, my question was just out of curiosity..but who knows, life may take me down to Marine Corps. infantry. If just that happens, then really, why not go for number one?

usmcdbd87
06-26-07, 10:55 PM
In japan they have drink that is a big jar full of dead snakes mixed with strong a** alcohol. Pretty much you are taking shots of snake venom.
:banana:

Marine84
06-27-07, 07:59 AM
In japan they have drink that is a big jar full of dead snakes mixed with strong a** alcohol. Pretty much you are taking shots of snake venom.

OMG! :scared: You're in Iwakuni???? Lucky a$$! Is Charlie Brown's still kickin? I had the BEST time over there! I remember those bottles with the white snakes in them and you ain't lieing - that $h!t will kick your a$$. The Taiwan Boogies..................drink 'em like coolaid and don't realize you're drunk until you try to get back to the base!

killerinstinct
06-27-07, 01:48 PM

WHAT TYOU DONT KNOW IT???

HABU SAKE!!!:beer:

SgtHMH
06-27-07, 06:16 PM
Air Crew Survival Training we had a week of training. You had to learn how to get water with out rain or stream using a piece of plastic, eat bugs, raw snake and other fun things. There is survival training for desert, mountains and jungal. What to eat and what not to eat, how to keep warm and how to evade getting becoming a POW. What time of day to move and when not to move. How to read signs to get you back to your lines. If you don't have a radio or compass.

Semper Fi

Sgt Leprechaun
06-27-07, 09:14 PM
OMG! :scared: You're in Iwakuni???? Lucky a$$! Is Charlie Brown's still kickin? I had the BEST time over there! I remember those bottles with the white snakes in them and you ain't lieing - that $h!t will kick your a$$. The Taiwan Boogies..................drink 'em like coolaid and don't realize you're drunk until you try to get back to the base!

I was in Iwakuni on 2 tours, 85 and 87.....boy, that brings back memories...LOL....

Good ole Charlie Browns....and I won't even get into the "Taiwan Boogie" issue...... LOL.