PDA

View Full Version : savings bonds bought in bootcamp

chaderboxb
06-20-07, 07:39 PM
i was wondering if any one can help me with information on how to get the savings bonds that i got thru out myt ime in the Marines talk to local recruiter she couldnt really help. have a number for DFAS down in KC but it is disconnected. if any one can help thanks

erased
06-20-07, 08:24 PM
Is this the contact information you have?

Marine Corps members may submit their signed request in writing or by fax to:
DFAS-KC/FDMCB
BONDS SECTION
1500 E. 95TH ST.
KANSAS CITY MO. 64197-0001

FAX: 816-926-8921 OR DSN 465-8921
PHONE VOICE: 816-926-5303
DSN VOICE: 465-5303

10thzodiac
06-20-07, 09:10 PM
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/images/td_logo.gif (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/tdhome.htm)

Simply fill out the form for Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed U.S. Savings Bonds (Form PD F 1048) (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NC/FoRMSHome?FormType=SBF&site=indiv) and mail it to the address provided on the form.

If you don't have a listing of your savings bonds' issue dates and serial numbers, write to Savings Bonds, Parkersburg, WV 26106-7012. Provide as much information on the bond as possible and request a search of our records. We will replace your savings bonds if we can establish that a person entitled to cash the bonds hasn't done so.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/research/indepth/ebonds/res_e_bonds_eefaq.htm

killerinstinct
06-21-07, 08:03 AM
youll fax your ID information and request where you want your bonds sent. and dont forget to sign it..

neb
05-11-10, 01:42 PM
just found a new phone number for DAFS (where your savings bonds are kept).

1-800-390-2347
fax is 216-522-6358

I called and they found by bonds in a couple of minutes

Lisa 23
05-11-10, 02:17 PM
Neb, I think the original poster of this thread may have gotten the answer to his questions being that this thread is almost 3 years old and hasn't been posted in in that long also.

You may also want to fill out the rest of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

neb
05-11-10, 02:25 PM
I know that it is old, but it still comes up under a google search for savings bonds and Marines. I just wanted to post it because I had a hard time tracking down the new phone number. This way others do not have to put the time in that I had to.

I will update my profile thank you for the response.

Ladybug02
04-09-12, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info. I've talked to my S-1, disbursing/ finance office and called DFAS and no one had any idea what I was talking about.

EchoCharlie5
07-28-14, 09:04 PM
Through no action of my own, I just received bonds that I apparently signed up for in boot camp... 12 years later. I'll be looking into claiming any more. Thank you for the information.

EchoCharlie5
07-28-14, 09:29 PM
Due to the miracle of the webernets... the following link explains why I received these outdated bonds.

http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/bondretrieval.html

EchoCharlie5
07-28-14, 09:36 PM
On an unrelated topic... does anyone else get a sense of gratification seeing the words "Free Member" underneath their guest name?

Baker1971
07-29-14, 08:02 AM
On an unrelated topic... does anyone else get a sense of gratification seeing the words "Free Member" underneath their guest name?

WTF does that mean ?

joseywales
07-29-14, 11:27 AM
This thread is seven years old. The original poster worked his way up to major general, retired, passed on, his grandkids are reading all this late info about savings bonds. Just like 29 palms, he looks around for threads from the early 1900s, dont like modern threads

joseywales
07-29-14, 11:28 AM
and, post eleven if its unrelated then why post it??????

29palms
07-29-14, 01:29 PM
Your killin me man. Joseywales...Go home. The war is over.

joseywales
07-29-14, 01:43 PM
Youre a boot on this site, but youll do okay here if you stop dredging up old forgotten threads and square yourself away as far as listening to me and Baker1971 when we give you advice.

And of course when the incessant whining ceases

Baker1971
07-29-14, 05:41 PM
I told 29 palms that in a few other threads Dale so he said he put me on his ignore list. Hahahahahaha. Kids.....

29palms
07-29-14, 07:40 PM
Youre a boot on this site, but youll do okay here if you stop dredging up old forgotten threads and square yourself away as far as listening to me and Baker1971 when we give you advice.

And of course when the incessant whining ceases

Sure. Anything to please you and the Baker1971 right? Things must go both your ways to be pleased especially when you two are not moderators on this site. You make the rules right? It's ok to post sarcasm here but never any good stories come from either of you. NOT ONE GOOD STORY. I doubt you are Marines. If so, learn some prose. Both of you should be banned from here. I even question if you two are wanabees. I don't care if I get booted, I'd rather not but I know I speaketh the truth. You don't pull the wool over my eyes.

29palms
07-29-14, 07:43 PM
I've seen this before. You team up with another member here to constantly create friction, to eventually get someone booted. I see why 30 guys left here with Rocky. It was both of yous. You get your rocks off doing this.

29palms
07-29-14, 08:04 PM
Forget it. Anyone here that can read can just go to your profile page, look up your latest post and find that neither of you post anything positive here. No stories to contribute, just quick sarcastic retorts. Yours in particular sounds disturbingly angry. It's all right there in the history. You post them yourself. Have a nice life. Add...IGNORE LIST.

joseywales
07-29-14, 08:12 PM
30 people left here with Rocky, because of us. Im sorry but theres no connection there whatsoever. Square yourself away. I said you would do well here, because I think you have potential, if you can curb that quick temper of yours.
Take good constructive advice. for instance, the old threads you bring up you need improvement in that area as well as in the area of respect. I wish you luck, honestly I do,but youre very hot tempered.

joseywales
07-29-14, 08:20 PM
by the way just sent you a friendship request. I think you misunderstand our constructive criticism, especially about bringing back old old threads. The squad leaders agree with us, the usually make comments too when they see some 1951 thread addedto Nothing at all personal. In fact its a minor thing in the scheme of things. you're doing fine, just try to calm down a bit

29palms
07-29-14, 08:32 PM
I don't know you, nor your buddy. Why should I take advice from either of you? Especially when your latest postings show me nothing. Put it this way. If I were in a foxhole, with either of you two, I would take my chances up in a palm tree. I'll ride alone.

joseywales
07-29-14, 08:35 PM
My apologies to you.

29palms
07-29-14, 08:44 PM
Forget about it. Incoming friend request accepted.

Baker1971
07-30-14, 07:40 AM
Stick to the topic of the thread " Savings Bonds ". You crapped all over the OP's thread 29 palms.

Go haze yourself...and put your first name and the first initial of your last name on your profile. These are forum rules that you still will not follow.

You should be banned also. How many profiles do you have now 4 ?

Back to the topic.
All United States Savings Bonds are electronic. No more paper ones.

Baker1971
07-30-14, 08:05 AM
Too bad 29 palms put me on his ignore list and can't read this. He seemed like a good kid but something changed quick and is very hot tempered with a short fuse.

These are not good qualities of such a young Marine.
Perhaps I should reach out to him now that I've responded to these thread questions ???

joseywales
07-30-14, 08:06 AM
True, in the old days I used to order them by mail, not anymore

Yep, has a bit of a temper...but basically a good guy

joseywales
07-30-14, 08:09 AM
I reached out, sent him a friendship request, and he was man enough to accept it, sure didn't have to. Good guy.

Baker1971
07-30-14, 08:10 AM
I just did the same thing.
Perhaps he could use another one :thumbup: