PDA

View Full Version : June 25-27 Times up!

249gunner
06-20-07, 07:29 PM
Good news, I got my shipdate changed, I leave next monday. Right after my high school graduation.

Sous3313, where are ya?
Its our time.

And to all of you I'll be seeing on the yellow footprints, good luck.

Sous3313
06-21-07, 01:50 AM
Hell yah kid.

Sous3313
06-21-07, 01:52 AM
Delta Co., 1st RTBn.

Marinewannabe15
06-21-07, 10:23 AM
San Diego? Ill see you there! If your goin to PI stay motivated!

249gunner
06-21-07, 01:18 PM
Delta Co., 1st RTBn.

yep thats us, Sep21.

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=73538219&epmid=1&partner=Google

RSSLHNYGUIDE329
06-21-07, 02:25 PM
yeah same here..Delta Co., 1st RTBn. June 25...

davblay
06-21-07, 02:29 PM
http://www.beaufortusa.com/images/sandflea.jpg

You guys going to Parris Island------take a very good look at this creature! You will meet him on my Island as he has lived there since Moses was a Corporal in the Marine Corps! He is very well liked by all the Drill Instructors :evilgrin: and all the other Marines stationed there and at the MCAS as well! You won't like him, but he will enjoy you very much! Be very careful not to hurt him, as the DIs don't take it lightly:mad: when he is hurt or killed. If he comes to see you and takes a liking to you, just let him eat as long as he wants. As you know, he has to eat too! He will stay on the Island when you are gone and visit the next group of recruits that come to visit him.

Good luck Poolees!

killtoilie
06-21-07, 02:31 PM
Good luck to you boys Give EM Hell Boys

Sous3313
06-21-07, 02:56 PM
yep thats us, Sep21.

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=73538219&epmid=1&partner=Google

Not only that but my recruiter told me. They have it at the office.

249gunner
06-21-07, 03:03 PM
You mean this info?
http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/visitors/grad/index.htm

davblay
06-21-07, 03:34 PM
San Diego? Ill see you there!
Look up in the sky----it's a bird-----it's a plane-----it's-----it's---- it really is a plane, carrying all those people to places they want to go and you have to watch them fly away all day long! You get a real good look at them while you are in the sand pits. :marine:

249gunner
06-21-07, 03:38 PM
Look up in the sky----it's a bird-----it's a plane-----it's-----it's---- it really is a plane, carrying all those people to places they want to go and you have to watch them fly away all day long! You get a real good look at them while you are in the sand pits. :marine:

haha thats awesome...SIR!

davblay
06-21-07, 03:40 PM
haha thats awesome...SIR!

I would tell you where I used to live out there in MCRDSD, but they have torn all the Gomer Pyle huts down now! But remember that I have walked in nearly every footstep you will make while you are there!

killerinstinct
06-21-07, 04:06 PM

dont forget scrubbing ur skivvies on the wash rack with the very same scuzz brush you use to clean the ****ters..

Oh and i almost forgot bout the smell good and when you get to the fleet it changes to pine oil HAHA there is a few smells that just take me back to hell.. Pine oil is always one of them

DarkSlayer613
06-21-07, 08:59 PM
Anyone going to be in MEPs Albany June 24th?
<------Delta Company 1st RCT Bn. June 25

249gunner
06-22-07, 02:08 AM
This made my day.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1896385878

Sous3313
06-22-07, 07:28 AM
hahaha i seen that yesterday. Any1 gonna be at MEPS in Boston?

yellowwing
06-22-07, 07:37 AM
Its time, 72 hours and your ass is ours! We have our best leanest meanest Marines ready to teach you something. :evilgrin:

Look deep into your soul and commit to Never Quit no matter what we throw at you!

Marinewannabe15
06-22-07, 09:39 AM
Bad news, my I just got a call that said my ship date has changed to July 9. :-(

bgsuwoody
06-22-07, 09:46 AM
I swear I better not get a call like this, I will flip lol, but I guess thats the Corps "hurry up and wait" :)

davblay
06-22-07, 01:32 PM
Well guys the Marine Corps is ready for ya! Mike Company and November Company graduated today from Parris Island! That means our old friend CODA will be checking in, in a couple of days as a Marine!

You Poolees that are waiting to leave, remember that these Marines were where you are, and now they are Marines and Hard Core!

zackmerc
06-22-07, 03:35 PM
Do just about every poolee in this site go to Parris Island? It seems like only a handful of us go to San Diego.

Well guys, step on the yellow footprints and earn that title.

davblay
06-22-07, 08:30 PM
Do just about every poolee in this site go to Parris Island? It seems like only a handful of us go to San Diego.

Well guys, step on the yellow footprints and earn that title.

Zack, you need to get all the Poolees in your RSS to sign on this site! We need more that's going to MCRDSD!

Mike & November Company just turned loose a whole buch of new Marines today from Parris Island! I got a Marine Corps License plate from there, A good friend's son graduated today! :marine:

We would love to hear from any Marines that graduated today from either MCRD! Tell us your WAR STORIES! :evilgrin:

249gunner
06-22-07, 11:04 PM
Question.
Can you be put into a permanent platoon with someone who arrived a day earlier or after.

davblay
06-22-07, 11:13 PM
That bus arrives Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! It all depends how they form the platoons at receiving. No one knows how that will turn out! If you arrive one day before, or after, some one that you know---the odds are 50/50! It all depends on how many arrived on your, or his, bus---which night----what time it arrived--etc.! The one thing you can be sure of----you will be in the same BN! :marine:

RSSLHNYGUIDE329
06-23-07, 03:00 AM
How hard is it to be a Squad leader or a Guide. I know each one requires the same, but different things. I've been told by DI's that they usually take kids with NROTC or some sort of drilling experience. I have none of that but I am very motivated. Idk if thats gonan change once i get down there but what I guess Im asking is..What do they look for judging from your experience

davblay
06-23-07, 10:47 AM
How hard is it to be a Squad leader or a Guide. I know each one requires the same, but different things. I've been told by DI's that they usually take kids with NROTC or some sort of drilling experience. I have none of that but I am very motivated. Idk if thats gonan change once i get down there but what I guess Im asking is..What do they look for judging from your experience

Generally, the SDI will ask who has had NROTC or ROTC training. Then he will judge which has more experience and then pick the first Guide! That will /could change if he screws up or the SDI pipcks another recruit he likes better. So prove yourself qualified and empress the SDI. He is the power behind the Guide selection.

Marinewannabe15
06-23-07, 02:16 PM
Good news, my ship date just changed back. Ill be there with you all on Monday.

zackmerc
06-23-07, 04:43 PM
Do people from Nebraska also go to San Diego? Where is the dividing line for west and east? Have a nice flight over here and be sure to check in safely at the airport. I think you'll walk over to MCRD from there, the airport is right next to it so there's no need to talk a bus.

249gunner
06-23-07, 04:55 PM
I got my diploma and it still feels like Im not done with high school.
most mentally f*cked up 4 years of my life.

Im glad Im gonna get to blow off some steam.

davblay
06-23-07, 06:37 PM
Do people from Nebraska also go to San Diego? Where is the dividing line for west and east? Have a nice flight over here and be sure to check in safely at the airport. I think you'll walk over to MCRD from there, the airport is right next to it so there's no need to talk a bus.

Sigh--------Zack, Zack, Zack------Nebraska will go to MCRDSD, the dividing line id the Mississippi River, and there's always a BUS!

Sous3313
06-24-07, 09:44 AM
Its like not real. I was at this party with all of my friends last night and its weird when you think about it because by the time your back they will be all gone to college. And the kids that you chill with everyday that you will not see again for 13 weeks. Thats when it kinda hits you. And the funnies thing is at my going away cookout yesterday my recruites were telling all my friends how to get me in trouble at bootcamp, like what to send and stuff.
I ship out Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

zackmerc
06-24-07, 09:48 AM
You mean like what Accord did to Achped? That was funny. Cruel, but extremely funny.

Davblay hates me now for my stupid ass remarks. Hahaha, I'll stop with them.

davblay
06-24-07, 10:15 AM
You mean like what Accord did to Achped? That was funny. Cruel, but extremely funny.

Davblay hates me now for my stupid ass remarks. Hahaha, I'll stop with them.

Zack, my feeling for you have never changed! I don't know you and I have not developed a opinion of you from your posts! You are young and have a lot to learn, but I have a high respect for all you Poolees that endeaver to enlist in my Beloved Corps! I wish you luck, Zack, while you are MCRD. I hope you excel in avery category. I truly hope you are the HONOR man.

One thing you have to remember, Zack, we Marines are a forgiving bunch, we bicker and argue amongst ourselves, but we will fight for each other, and take a bullet for each other, if we have to!

Semper Fi, my young friend!

249gunner
06-24-07, 12:26 PM
Its like not real. I was at this party with all of my friends last night and its weird when you think about it because by the time your back they will be all gone to college. And the kids that you chill with everyday that you will not see again for 13 weeks. Thats when it kinda hits you. And the funnies thing is at my going away cookout yesterday my recruites were telling all my friends how to get me in trouble at bootcamp, like what to send and stuff.
I ship out Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I wont see mine for 25 weeks PI+SOI.
I'll see most of em at a community college lol

We'll make more friends during bootcamp, better ones.

Sous3313
06-24-07, 03:03 PM
I wont see mine for 25 weeks PI+SOI.
I'll see most of em at a community college lol

We'll make more friends during bootcamp, better ones.

Haha I could never find better friends then my closest right now.

zackmerc
06-24-07, 04:10 PM
How are you gonna make friends at boot camp? The rules are strict and everything.

Marine84
06-24-07, 05:28 PM
How are you gonna make friends at boot camp? The rules are strict and everything.

There will be ones you "click" with but ALL of you will be Brothers once you get that Title. Some you may see again in the fleet, some not..............they will ALWAYS be easy to find though.

249gunner
06-25-07, 10:21 AM
8 hrs...... then another 20-25 hrs till the yellow footprints

davblay
06-25-07, 10:33 AM
Tick--tick--tick--tick--tick, going---going---going----going!

KittyRina
06-25-07, 03:12 PM
8 hrs...... then another 20-25 hrs till the yellow footprints

Just remember.. the DI's are friendly guys.. they love it when ya smile and wave... oh and hug.. hugging is a DI's favorite pasttime.;)

249gunner
06-25-07, 04:47 PM
Gone!