PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone!

mike2007
06-19-07, 09:12 AM
Hello to all,

Straight to the point: What types of contracts are available for enlisted Marines??? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mike:iwo:

Marine84
06-19-07, 09:56 AM
All of us got in one way or another - negotiate your contract with a Recruiter - they can do allllllll kinds of stuff.

mike2007
06-19-07, 11:28 AM
Thank you for your input but here comes another question:

Can you enlist 4 years active duty and four years inactive( not having to do one weekend a moth and the 2 weeks in the summer)??

My recruter is pushing me to do 4 years active and 4 years reserve and is telling me that is the only way!! It sounds strange to me , but is this true?????

Thank you for any input.

Mike:iwo:

davblay
06-19-07, 11:37 AM
The 4X4 option is what you are talking about. It is the most common enlistment contract in the Corps! 4years active duty and 4 years in the IRR, no drills and no two weeks a year, just Idividual Ready Reserve (stand by) that's all! So yes it does exist!

mike2007
06-19-07, 12:17 PM
thank you for your input

Marine84
06-19-07, 01:07 PM
Yep it exists - when I went through mine was 4 years AD, 2 years IRR. During your IRR time you have to meet up once a year just to update your records (if you've moved, gotten married, that sort of stuff) - there is no PT or any of that other stuff.

sgt tony
06-19-07, 10:38 PM
Yes you can go 4 active and either 4 IRR or 4 Revere.
The only big thing is if you go IRR then there is no pay and you can be called back up and start where you left. If you take what you recruiter wants for you to do is you will drill get payed have benefits and still get promoted.

Marine84
06-20-07, 07:58 AM
Yes you can go 4 active and either 4 IRR or 4 Revere.
The only big thing is if you go IRR then there is no pay and you can be called back up and start where you left. If you take what you recruiter wants for you to do is you will drill get payed have benefits and still get promoted.

HAHAHA! Forgot about that part.....................DUH!