March 14, 2003 <br />
<br />
Former service members took different routes to pacifism <br />
<br />
By Jeff Donn <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
For one soldier, personal transformation dawned with the intrusive memory of a...

firstsgtmike
03-16-03, 10:42 AM
A simple question to be asked of any "conscientious objector" :

If your life was on the line, regardless of the age or sex of the shooter, would you fire back to save your life?

If you can convince me that you would be willing to die before hurting another human being, then I would consider you as being a "conscientious objector ".

Personally speaking, I'd also recommend that you be commited to a nuthouse for being a risk to your family and children. Because when some drug crazed rapist comes after your ten year old daughter, you can watch, and say "God's will be done, but I don't want to hurt him."

I hope your wife and daughter would appreciate your point of view.
----------------

In Nam, there were two applying for C O status. I took them out on every patrol with me. On one, we came under fire, one tried to pick up a rifle from a dead Marine. I butt stroked him and broke his arm.

(Names, date and place available for verification.)

To thine own self be true.

virwar
03-16-03, 11:48 AM
Sounds like most of these people mindfvkd themselves out of the military. There is something that happens to you in real situations, but most of these people never got into the real situation. <br />
<br />
To...

Fox 2/23
03-17-03, 09:35 AM
I think these people should read the story of Desmond Doss. He was a Seventh Day Adventist who was determined to serve his country during WWII but refused to carry a gun because of his religious beliefs. Although he did not like the designation, the Army allowed him to enlist under the status of conscienteous objector. He went on to win the Medal of Honor on Okinawa in 1945 while serving as a medic with the 77th Infantry Division. He saved the lives of over 75 wounded Soldiers and recieved multiple wounds himself in the process.