PDA

View Full Version : Question about Intel Marines

06-18-07, 05:01 PM
I was in the Army and served as an Intel Analyst 96B.

I would like to enlist in the Marines, however, I may choose Infantry because my experience in the Army Intel world was slightly negative.

The majority of my fellow soldiers kept themselves at minimum PT standards, kept to themselves in a very introverted manner, and there was NO sense of brotherhood or camaraderie (unless they were playing world of warcraft over the internet - No Thank You!)

Also, there seemed to be no sense of pride amongst the Intel soldiers. Almost an elitist, snobby attitude looking down at the rest of the Army, and I want no part of that feminine bull****.

In the Marine Corps, are the intel Marines highly motivated, agressive, and proud of their contribution ?

I dont want to be surrounded by dungeons and dragons players, star trek weirdos, 31 year old virgins, etc....

I want to work hard, have some laughs in the downtime, ... People that drink stale beer and like to **** ugly women----- not people that sip white wine, sitting around analyzing C-Span, while petting a cat on their lap.

Maybe I should lean towards 03xx

Sgt Leprechaun
06-18-07, 08:25 PM
Hahahahahaha. That is hilarious. I was an Intel Marine in the 80's...as well as from 2000-01.

Army intel is a totally different breed than Marine Intel. You'll serve, for the most part, away from other Intel geeks and with operational units. You'll be one of two or three Intel folks in an entire several hundred Marine unit. While Intel everywhere has it's share of oddballs (it's the nature of the beast), you will be integrated into the unit you are with. Intel Marines serve in EVERY unit in the Marine Corps, from the grunts to the air wing to FSSG (or whatever they are calling it these days) to the MEU and on and on. When I was with MSSG 24, our Intel Marine was a Corporal. It was only him, and when we went into Kosovo, HE was the primary briefer of all Marines on ship..no officers, none of that jazz.

When I was with 2nd FSSG G-2 shop, I would brief subordinate units as a Sergeant. That is the entire unit, including officers.

Once you prove yourself, you'll get more and more interesting and unusual assignments.

I highly recommend the MOS, for those that think they can handle it.

And, no, the Army Intel weenies I saw didn't impress me either.

Marine84
06-18-07, 08:31 PM
In the Marine Corps, are the intel Marines highly motivated, agressive, and proud of their contribution ?

I dont want to be surrounded by dungeons and dragons players, star trek weirdos, 31 year old virgins, etc....

I want to work hard, have some laughs in the downtime, ... People that drink stale beer and like to **** ugly women----- not people that sip white wine, sitting around analyzing C-Span, while petting a cat on their lap.

Maybe I should lean towards 03xx

Well hell! You've come to the right place! And I'm a female version of what you described except I don't like to **** ugly women. Unlike the male of the species, I DO have my standards, my men MUST be handsome! I can't even **** a ugly man if I'm drunk!

No matter what MOS you may end up in in the Corps - we're ALL the same - we work hard, we play hard and we love hard! We can be someone's best friend or worse enemy. Once we've earned the Title, we keep it til we die - you can take the Marine out of the Corps but, you can't take the Corps out of the Marine.

GySgtRet
06-18-07, 08:34 PM
Do you have a honorable discharge? What is your rank? Do you know that you will have to go through recruit training? What is your age? Any kids or a wife? <br />
<br />
Now that all of the formalities are...

Sgt Leprechaun
06-18-07, 08:42 PM
Gunny, you are dead on right. Some Intel Marines are......'different' to be sure...LOL!!!

Oh, the stories I could tell........we had some characters in Intel back in the 80s when it was a "lat move only" MOS and constantly short.

Let's see....how about a WM SSgt former Cheerleader at MCB Lejeune....who also happened to be one of the few WM's that first stood embassy duty as part of a pilot program....and got a CAR for it? (Rescinded...then given back...)

The Gunny who landed at Da-Nang, '65, with 9th MEB?

The former cartographer who could only make maps, and froze when he had to brief?

Ohhh..the list is endless......good memories.

06-18-07, 10:44 PM
Honorable discharge - medical but I have done the research and my situation is definitely waiverable. <br />
<br />
Rank was SPC / E4 <br />
<br />
I am looking forward to recruit training, even at age 29. (age 26.5...

yesyouam
10-11-07, 10:24 PM
Do whatever you have to do to reaffirm your masculinity to yourself, army dog.

LeonardLawrence
10-11-07, 10:45 PM
I was watching a television show the other day. I decided I definitley do NOT need the responsibility of having a license to kill, a new Bentley with all the nifty gadgets or the 23 girlfriends that would result of being sooooo cool.

It is interesting how one show changed this guys mind...and that is definitely not the hallmark characteristic of tenacity that a Marine...or even a real poolee would display.

I would say poolees, look to your left, look to your right...some of the people on here don't have the heart to make the comittment... and the change. To those who do : keep charging, keep your head up and don't let the bastards get you down. Your great reward will come in the form of a graduation day, pride in yourself and a simple knowledge that you are a Marine. :flag:

LeonardLawrence
10-11-07, 11:38 PM
Favorite Color:
$$ GREEN $$ (PAPER AND BUD):( :( :(

Thought this was interesting. Sometimes Marijuana does that to you...short term memory loss and lack of motivation.