PDA

View Full Version : FAA Certification.

Integrity57
06-17-07, 06:55 PM
Do any Marines happen to know if the Marine Corps has recently started to require or encourage Marines in Aviation Maintenance earn their FAA maintenance licenses, such as Airframe or Powerplant licenses? I know the FAA doesn't govern the U.S. Military's aviation squadrons, but it was a rumor I recently heard at the aviation maintenance school I attend and was just wondering if there is any truth behind it.

killerinstinct
06-19-07, 10:34 AM
When youre attached to an aviation unit you have a MATMEP training book that is always being updated. It is what quals you have any training basically your whole career is in that book. Most things have an initial class but you are qualified till a certain amount of OJT is done on the equipment you work with. Like operating a TA you take a glass given by the GSE people from MALS and then again you get hands on experience.

But i havent heard anything about the FAA doing anythign with the aircraft actually id say its the navy who dictates the rules and regulations we do on planes procedures the pubs is all from them. I am sure the FAA has rules and of course they are probably implemented in certain things but it might have to do more with air traffice control and those procedures more than the maintenance which is dictated by the navy.