PDA

View Full Version : Questions for a recruiter

mike2007
06-17-07, 05:27 PM
Hello there,

I admire you all, the former and present Marines. This website is wonderful and provides you with some really good information about The Marines. I am going to get to the point right away since I do not want to waste anyones' time. My situation is this:

First of all, I am a green card holder and this in may 2007 I graduated from a 4 year college with a bachelor degree. Since I am a green card holder , I was told that I can not be an USMC officer, untill I get my citizenship. In order to get my citizenship, I will have to wait another two years. I really don't want to waste my life doing civilian jobs, which are boring. What do you recommend? A. Enlist even though I have a four year degree?? B. Wait until I receive my citizenship, and join the USMC as an Ofiicer?? My long term goal is to become a Marine Officer.

Second question has to do with contracts the the Marine Corps offer. Would someone fill me in on what type of Contracts does the USMC offer? 4 year active duty 4 innactive and so on.

Lastly, I will appologize in advance in case some one else has asked these questions. Thank you in advance to anyone who will reply to my thread. Thank you again and May God Bless the USMC. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mike:iwo:

GySgtRet
06-17-07, 05:30 PM
A good start would be for you to fill in your profile, read the rules and then pose the question again. Also, you had not mentioned what country you are from and yes this makes a hugh difference.

mike2007
06-17-07, 05:42 PM
I am an Albanian from Kosovo, in other words Albanian!!!:iwo: