PDA

View Full Version : questions for recruiter

devildog2011
06-17-07, 03:37 PM
I am going to see a recruiter in the next few days, and he has told me to make a list of questions i have for him. I am going to four years of college so i can be an officer in Force-Recon. If anybody here has done what i am planning on doing with the college-Recon, what questions would you suggest for me, or what did you wish you asked? Also, I have a question to anybody that can answer on how to legally practice my shooting at ranges when the legal age for handgun purchase is 21 and I am 18. I just think that if my life will one day depend on my aim, its worth starting now. thank you for your help

Semper Fi:usmc:

(i already posted this thread once but it immediately disappeared so sorry if it shows up again as a repeat)

JCam0331
06-17-07, 03:43 PM
rofl Force Recon

report your 3 mile run time first

if its more than 18 minutes, quit your fantasy, you sound like those 14 year olds who dream of being Navy Seals

as for becoming an Officer, you need to talk to an OSO (Officer Selection Officer), usually a Captain or his OSA (Assistant), usually a Gunnery Sergeant

Semper Fi

Quinbo
06-17-07, 03:47 PM
No profile..... no comment

testforecho2112
06-17-07, 03:49 PM
Wrong place to post.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-17-07, 03:50 PM
The Marine Corps will teach you how to shoot. Anything you do at this point will merely screw up that process.

And, I'd suggest you talk to a recruiter, who will put you on the right path. Dreams are great, don't lose em...but reality is a whole 'nother matter.

You'd not only better be a PT stud, but able to work independently while thinking and acting as part of a team, and have some common sense as well.

When Force Recon shoot their weapons, BTW, it usually (but not always) means someone screwed up. Their mission is "Swift Silent Deadly", note that the "deadly" part is last.

Oh, lastly, practice your swimming more than the shooting. You'll be swimming FAR more than shooting, I assure you. If you can't swim 3 miles in the ocean yet, now is a good time to start.

And, lastly, failure to follow simple instructions gets Marines killed. You didn't fill out a profile, and you've posted in a 'Marines only' area. You are also using a prohibited 'handle', since you are not now a "Devil Dog" and do not rate that title, something those of us that DO rate it take a dim view of. Furthermore, if you are going to be an officer, your grammar will need serious improvement.

I hear the fire mission inbound now.....

testforecho2112
06-17-07, 03:52 PM
Go post this in the Recruit forum under Ask A Marine, thats why your last post disappeared. This one will probably go bye-bye shortly as well.

devildog2011
06-17-07, 04:02 PM
Apologies for not posting a profile. And my 3 mile time isnt 18 minutes, but then again, i have 4 years to train for it, and in the past year ive moved my pull ups from 1 to 25, my situps from 50-400, and my weight from 225-170, so even if you all have no faith in me it doesnt matter. not to show disrespect but i WILL become an officer in Force-Recon, i wont try. again, apologies for the profile, but i have filled it out now.