PDA

View Full Version : questions for recruiter

devildog2011
06-17-07, 02:48 PM
I am going to see a recruiter in the next few days and he told me to prepare a list of questions, in addition to what i may already have is there any questions that I should be asking, or you wished you had asked? I am going to 4 years of college so i can become an officer in Force-Recon. Thank you for any help.

Semper Fi:usmc:

devildog2011
06-17-07, 03:11 PM
and a follow up question... How can I start training at shooting ranges with handguns/rifles if the minimum age for purchase is 21 and I am 18? Is there a way around this, because i figure if my life will depend on my shooting abilities one day its important enough to start training now and do it right. thanks again.

Semper Fi:usmc:

testforecho2112
06-17-07, 03:18 PM
Wait on the weapons training, any thing you learn as a civilian will have to be retaught and corrected once the Corps gets a hold of you, if you make it that far. The ability to shoot well is something that you cant 'get', you have it or you dont. If you start picking up bad habits in the civilian world, it will only hurt you in the Corps. Wait!

As for questions for your recruiter, why dont you sit down and make a list of where you want to be in ten years along with some goals for the next ten years. Ask your reqruiter to give you some options of ways you can contribute to the Corps while helping yourself reach that 10 year mark.

Good luck.