PDA

View Full Version : What is the current policy for Marine discharge?

cwelch
06-14-07, 11:56 AM
First I'd would just like to say thanks to all of you men and women for serving our country.
Before I get to the question. I'm a moderator on another forum. We have one post dedicated to our members that serve or have served, in any branch. We collect money from time to time to send out packages of goodies and have even supplied 2 of our members with equipment. Ammo (clips for a pistol) for one guy and a piece of headgear for an EOD team leader. I keep that post updated. A new member joined or board and sent me a PM indicating he was a former Marine and would like to be added to the "Military Members List"

I just want o be sure he is really a Marine before adding him. He claims he is 23 and just completed 4 years of active service and is now a reservists?

Any questions I can hit him with to see if he is BS me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a pic of my son sitting in front of our groups last shipment to Iraq.
Believe it or not, that is 90+ Lbs of goodies.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/chrisw1966/DSCF0340.jpg

TennysonUSMC
06-14-07, 12:34 PM
Ask him what a failure to stop drill is...he should give you the below answer..minus my sarcastic addition.

rvillac2
06-14-07, 12:59 PM
You can just take him at his word until he actually 'asks' for something. No harm.

Quinbo
06-14-07, 01:00 PM
Good grief it is a catch 22 . Everyone questioning everyone on whether they actually served or are full of bull. Occasionally forces a guy to break out the scanner.

Ask him his platoon number and what his 1st general order is.

Go away bye bye. This is not an internet slueth site.

cwelch
06-14-07, 01:09 PM
"Go away bye bye. This is not an internet slueth site"

Funny, I read the rules of the forum and it never mentioned needing your permission to be here, or checking with you on what I could or couldn't discuss.

Just figured if I had a question about the Marines, who better to ask.

Thanks to the others for the responses.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-14-07, 01:11 PM
Ask him what his re-enlistment code is on his DD-214 and what unit he is drilling with now.

Being on active duty and then going reserve isn't unusual. Lot's of us here did that.

cwelch
06-14-07, 03:06 PM
Ask him what his re-enlistment code is on his DD-214 and what unit he is drilling with now.

Being on active duty and then going reserve isn't unusual. Lot's of us here did that.

Thanks. That was what threw up the flag. Didn't know that could be done during the war.

"Go away bye bye. This is not an internet slueth site"

Yeah, I know. It's a site about and for Marines. Figured it would be a pretty good place to ask a question about the Marine Corps. Think I'll stick around a while...if it's OK with you.

Quinbo
06-14-07, 03:35 PM
There are dozens of threads addressing fakers. If you want some ammo on someone. Ask questions and bring the answers here. Don't start out Post #1 saying you met someone that says they were once in the Marines and you don't believe it. Obviously you have a connection to the internet so do a little research.

cwelch
06-14-07, 04:45 PM
There are dozens of threads addressing fakers. If you want some ammo on someone. Ask questions and bring the answers here. Don't start out Post #1 saying you met someone that says they were once in the Marines and you don't believe it. Obviously you have a connection to the internet so do a little research.

Never said I didn't believe him. What I said was, he joined a forum I moderate and without any other info on him said he was a former Marine. I have no way to check his background. So I decided to do some research (smart minds think alike) this site happened to pop up at the top when I googled. So I figured why not go right to the source. You guys/girls are Marines, you could probably give me a few tips/questions to ask him to see if he's legit.