View Full Version : Reid labels military leader 'incompetent'

thedrifter
06-14-07, 09:39 AM
Reid labels military leader 'incompetent' <br />
By: John Bresnahan <br />
June 14, 2007 08:38 AM EST <br />
<br />
<br />
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Marine Gen. Peter Pace, the outgoing chairman of the Joint...

jetdawgg
06-14-07, 11:02 AM
F@cking guys surrendered to the republicans after having the votes....

http://members.cox.net/hollandstudios5/Images/Surrender%20Monkeys_.gif

jinelson
06-14-07, 11:12 AM
LMFAO Ried last week reffered to illegal aliens as undocumented americans. He is a traitor and a puke that deserves whatever befalls him. Surrender monkeys lol why not the republicans they have surrendered to our enemies for over 40 years!

Jim

jetdawgg
06-14-07, 11:36 AM
JiNelson, it is this new bunch that have no guts. They have undone the work that Mr. Reagan did 25 years ago.

That sh1t p1sses me off:usmc:

Kegler300
06-14-07, 11:56 AM
Incompetence = Reid/Pelosi

drumcorpssnare
06-14-07, 12:09 PM
Reid wouldn't make a good pimple on Gen. Pace's scrotum!!!:evilgrin:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

thedrifter
06-14-07, 02:31 PM
Harry Reid, real men, and last nerves
Posted By Uncle Jimbo

This calls for a full Uncle J beatdown and hopefully I can film a good one tonight, but for now.

Harry Reid needs to hush his drooling cakehole, period. He no longer has anything even vaguely useful to say and his disrespect to Gens. Pace & Petraeus has earned him the clown of the year award.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Marine Gen. Peter Pace, the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, "incompetent" during an interview Tuesday with a group of liberal bloggers, a comment that was never reported.

Reid made similar disparaging remarks about Army Gen. David Petraeus, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, said several sources familiar with the interview.

You have got to be s**ting me! Harry Reid calling anyone incompetent is like Michael Moore calling them fat or Bill Clinton calling them unfaithful. Aside from the fact that they are both hugely accomplished men, for a thin-lipped, milquetoast, cream in the coffee, cadaver like Harry Reid to mouth off to them is just sorry. To do so simply to score political points with the hater wing of your party just points out how much trouble the Dems are in once the rest of the country gets a belly full of the nutroots.

Woudn't you just love for Reid, Petraeus and Pace to meet up in a Men's room and have the two Men give him a swirly prior to reminding him that he's not allowed up on the porch with the big dogs? Not to rub it in, but hasn't Harry Reid sucked Hoover as Majority Leader? Doesn't Mitch McConnell keep punking him on every gutless maneuver Reid attempts, every slap at our troops, every weaseling about timetables, and Reid has the unmitigated gall to call these men incompetent? Somebody needs to help this pitiful old fool to the sidelines, he's even making me feel bad for the Dems. Well, not really.

http://www.blackfive.net/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/14/20070614incompetence_3.jpg

Ellie

erased
06-14-07, 03:32 PM
Ha, that picture's awesome.

jetdawgg
06-14-07, 03:57 PM
Let's purge all of these idiots before they destroy what is left of the nation:usmc:

OLE SARG
06-14-07, 04:16 PM
ms reid is a ****ing idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

drumcorpssnare
06-14-07, 04:18 PM
Roger that, jetdawgg!!! They're all crooked! It's just that the Dems are more crooked-ish than the Repubs.:D

jetdawgg
06-14-07, 04:21 PM
Roger that, jetdawgg!!! They're all crooked! It's just that the Dems are more crooked-ish than the Repubs.:D

The dems are really weaker. They must be French

HOLM
06-14-07, 04:28 PM
Ha, that picture's awesome.

I had never seen one with a politcian... But you can find the rest of them here..

http://despair.com/viewall.html

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/defeat.jpg

artymarine
06-14-07, 04:38 PM
We need term limits now.

Semper Fi
For he today, who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

jetdawgg
06-14-07, 04:43 PM
Agreed. Like they severely limited Gen Pace's term. Cut these guys now.

erased
06-14-07, 04:59 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely be adding that to my bookmarks.

FistFu68
06-14-07, 06:40 PM
:evilgrin: PUT REID,IN AN ALLEY;WITH GENERAL PACE.BARE FIST'S ONLY AND WE SHALL SEE WHO THE REAL MAN IS???I'LL PUT MY $$$$$ ON THE MARINE GENERAL...SEMPER~FIDELIS:evilgrin: :thumbup:

Kegler300
06-15-07, 06:41 AM
Reid's approval rating is lower than Bush's, and he's got the gall to call someone else incompetent?

ese4mc
06-15-07, 06:56 AM
This turd has the same brain matter as a plant--nothing exciting & definately dead air space :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

thedrifter
06-15-07, 06:57 AM
Sen. Reid questions generals' abilities
By Noam N. Levey, Times Staff Writer
June 15, 2007

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Thursday questioned the competence of the senior American commander in Iraq and the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, setting off a new war of words between the Nevada Democrat and the Bush administration.

A White House spokesman quickly condemned Reid's comments, which came nearly two months after he provocatively said he believed the "war is lost."

Reid, a fierce critic of the war, is gearing up for a new legislative push to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq, set to begin in two weeks when the Senate takes up the defense authorization bill.

Reid said at a news conference Thursday that he was particularly disturbed to read comments by Gen. David H. Petraeus in USA Today in which the top commander in Iraq said he saw "astonishing signs of normalcy" in as much as two-thirds of Baghdad.

"I was a little disappointed," Reid said, noting other reports of increased violence in Iraq and the high number of U.S. casualties since President Bush began deploying additional troops in January.

Reid added: "I am waiting to see if Gen. Petraeus can be a little more candid with us. What took place in USA Today is not being very candid."

When asked if he thought Petraeus was competent, Reid replied: "Not as far as I am concerned."

Reid also said Thursday that he was "happy" that Marine Gen. Peter Pace was forced to step down as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff last week.

"I talked to him in my conference room, just him and I, and I told him how I felt, that he had not done a very good job in speaking out for some obvious things that weren't going right in Iraq," said Reid, who was asked about Pace after reports on the Politico website that Reid had disparaged the generals during a conversation Tuesday with liberal bloggers.

Reid's comments drew an immediate rebuke from the White House and some congressional Republicans.

"In a time of war, for a leader of a party that says it supports the military, it seems outrageous to be issuing slanders toward the chairman of the Joint Chiefs and also the man who is responsible for the bulk of military operations in Iraq," White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

Reid later issued a carefully crafted statement in which he called Pace "a distinguished military veteran and public servant."

But he rejected a suggestion by a reporter that criticizing the generals sent a damaging message to the troops.

"In the supplemental appropriation bill, we put extra money in there for the troops," Reid said. "We put extra money in there for the veterans and military medicine. So I'm thanking the troops every day."

noam.levey@latimes.com

Ellie

jetdawgg
06-15-07, 10:16 AM
http://www.modernpooch.com/archives/FightDogs.jpg

OLE SARG
06-15-07, 10:26 AM
That would be the one with "no balls"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
06-15-07, 10:29 AM
OLE Sarg :D

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 11:36 AM
Reid is a dirtbag, whose opinions mean something only to the typical, left wing, anti military, America bashing, POS out in laa laa land.

And, that excludes Jet and our other resident "Marine Moonbats" (no offense LOL) here. I like our Marine moonbats....at least they make me think, and present good arguements; even if I disagree with them, they have principles.

Reid, on the other hand, is a dirtbag.

BTW, this article, below, might shed some light on the issue:

National Review OnLine-The Tank by Elaine Donnelly
>>
>> Last Friday Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced the premature
>> replacement of Marine General Peter Pace as chairman of the Joint Chief
>> of Staff. He appeared slightly sick; as if Tony Soprano had just given
>> him an offer he could not refuse. Using words almost identical to those
>> of Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D., Mich.),
>> Defense Secretary Robert Gates expressed concern about a "divisive
>> ordeal" that would have focused on the "past rather than the future."
>>
>> War always brings controversy and tough questions at confirmation
>> hearings. Gen. Pace, who has been through the drill three times, is an
>> articulate man. He would have stated his position on the war, and even
>> his views on gays in the military, with conviction and poise. Chairman
>> Pace will not have that opportunity, however, because partisan control
>> of Congress has shifted to the Democrats.
>>
>> Due to threatened rough water ahead, the military is losing not just one
>> but two distinguished leaders. (Adm. Edmund G. Giambastiani cannot
>> continue as Vice Chairman if a fellow Navy man, Adm. Mike Mullen, is
>> confirmed as chairman.) Sen. Levin and colleagues on the SASC have
>> effectively vetoed the president's choice without a fight. The price of
>> capitulation, which does not inspire confidence, could be higher than
>> President Bush realizes today.
>>
>> I have no inside information, but I see the fingerprints of SASC member
>> Sen. Hillary Clinton all over this. To win in 2008, the New York
>> Democrat and feminist must convince voters that she supports the troops
>> and can be trusted as Commander in Chief. A vote on the re-nomination of
>> Chairman Pace would have put her on the spot between her gay activist
>> constituency and millions of voters who admire Peter Pace.
>>
>> Sen. Clinton has a way of getting senior men of both parties to do her
>> work for her. Pre-emptive removal of Gen. Pace excuses candidate Clinton
>> of the responsibility to vote for or against re-confirmation. As a
>> bonus, Hillary and other feminist senators get to vote for a liberal
>> admiral, CNO Mike Mullen, an ardent advocate of "diversity" quotas and
>> other controversial goals for the military.
>>
>> Several commentators have suggested that Gen. Pace's career was
>> endangered last March when he expressed personal views regarding
>> morality and gays in the military. A wave of name-calling and demands
>> for an apology ensued, but as I explained in this article Gen. Pace had
>> no reason to apologize for a law enacted by Congress. The 1993 statute
>> banning homosexuals from the military reflects the views of people who
>> see the issue in moral terms, but it uses secular language emphasizing
>> military discipline.
>>
>> Congressionally approved laws--including prohibitions against lying,
>> stealing, and murder--should not be repealed just because they coincide
>> with religious principles and moral codes such as the Ten Commandments.
>>
>> Military people and voters who have supported administration policies on
>> the war, or agree with Gen. Pace on traditional values, are receiving a
>> demoralizing message. What's worse, confirmation of Adm. Mike Mullen as
>> chairman could advance the most liberal agenda for the military since
>> Bill Clinton left office.

jetdawgg
06-15-07, 12:30 PM
SGT Lep, these homos got Washington fired from his tv show that means nothing.

The removal of General Pace from JCS is amistake and I am sure Hillary ahd her hands on it somewhere

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 12:36 PM
Yep.

OLE SARG
06-15-07, 01:18 PM
The hildabeast is also an idiot, and I can't decide if she has balls or not!!!!!!
She and slick willie could be twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mytcbra96
06-15-07, 01:20 PM
ArtyMarine I am with you, we need term limits badly !:thumbup: I just wish someone with more know how would get the ball rolling. They would not be pulling this chit if they had them. Semper Fi !:flag:

erased
06-15-07, 02:43 PM
You're right. Most people are clueless as to what their state representatives are up to after they are elected. Term limits would at least get some fresh faces in there as well as force reps to make good decisions rather than playing for the tv cameras.

jetdawgg
06-15-07, 02:54 PM
I am for mid term limits

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 03:01 PM
Great! When does Pelosi and the rest of the Morlocks come up for mid term again????

jetdawgg
06-15-07, 03:02 PM
Great! When does Pelosi and the rest of the Morlocks come up for mid term again????

January '08. Not soon enough.....:D

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 03:16 PM
Ya gotta admit, I turned that one around :)

OLE SARG
06-15-07, 06:52 PM
ms reid is the poster child for "INCOMPENTENCE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

bobdon
06-15-07, 07:14 PM
Have been living in Nevada for quite awhile, most folks thought Reid would be a good thing in the Senate...NOT NOW!!! Someone said on another thread.."Get a Rope." My feelings exactly. I am ashamed to admit I live in the same state he represents. Even Demos are sick of him. He will be gone soon... remember :Tom Daschle...LOL . Good riddance to bad crap...I don't know if they have a retirement home or nut farm in Searchlite, NV., but he is ready for commitment...Just my two cents worth.:mad:

jetdawgg
06-16-07, 08:57 AM
Incompetent. That f@cking guy voted for another 100BB for the war after he was voted to lead the senate to stop the war.

How can he call anyone incompetent?

I am disgusted with his "leadership":usmc:

OLE SARG
06-16-07, 10:12 AM
Have been living in Nevada for quite awhile, most folks thought Reid would be a good thing in the Senate...NOT NOW!!! Someone said on another thread.."Get a Rope." My feelings exactly. I am ashamed to admit I live in the same state he represents. Even Demos are sick of him. He will be gone soon... remember :Tom Daschle...LOL . Good riddance to bad crap...I don't know if they have a retirement home or nut farm in Searchlite, NV., but he is ready for commitment...Just my two cents worth.:mad:

I'll find a tree and I'll get the horse. Then we can start a concession stand with drinks and popcorn.
The ole SOB needs to have his nuts (if he has any) cut off before he is hung!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI, :yes: :banana:

OLE SARG
06-16-07, 10:13 AM
Ooopppppssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FistFu68
06-16-07, 12:14 PM
:evilgrin: DAM,JETLAGG;YOU FINALLY SAID SOMETHING THAT MADE SENCE.MY MARINE BROTHER!!!(LMAO) S/F THAT...:evilgrin: :flag:

jetdawgg
06-16-07, 12:18 PM
:evilgrin: DAM,JETLAGG;YOU FINALLY SAID SOMETHING THAT MADE SENCE.MY MARINE BROTHER!!!(LMAO) S/F THAT...:evilgrin: :flag:

LOL

From DKos:

Here's Joe on the Ray and Diane (http://www.wtic.com/pages/5645.php) show from yesterday morning (mp3 (http://podcast.wtic.com/wtic/524812.mp3)), in just his latest attack on Democrats - and Harry Reid in particular:

Q. There was a big flap yesterday about some comments made by Harry Reid concerning Gen. Petraeus, and the outgoing Peter Pace, saying they were incompetent, basically. Is that useful, and do you know that to be true or not... It's generally being reported in a lot of places.
LIEBERMAN: I don't know what Harry Reid is up to. I was very upset, even offended, by what he said about General Pace and General Petraeus. Look, you call General Pace incompetent? That's abs - this is a man who has devoted his entire life to the Marine corps, the service of our country, defense of our country.
Q. Why is he doing this? Why is Reid doing this?
LIEBERMAN: I have no idea. Then to say that Petraeus is out of touch? I mean, Harry Reid in Washington says David Petraeus, who's in Baghdad, away from his family, heroically trying to rally our forces and succeed over in Iraq... that he's out of touch? I mean, it's just - the danger here - my colleagues who have been opposed to the war have said "we're opposed to the war, but we support our troops." But when you start to attack the top two generals, you know, that's... that's wrong. I hope he apologizes, I just hope he misstated...
So now the generals are "troops," too. Poor grunt bastards.
Look, I'm not military, but don't the generals get the big bucks (in relative terms) and the brass trappings in exchange for taking the political heat?
Have we really reached the point where criticizing generals -- the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, no less -- is not "supporting the troops?" Give me a break, Joe. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for pulling that kind of crap. Doubly so because you won't recognize it.
Say what you will about Pace or Petraeus, neither of them would be so small as to hide beneath the "support the troops" blanket. They're brass, and they take their medicine like grown-ups.
Disgraceful.

<!-- polls come after this -->

Kegler300
06-16-07, 12:29 PM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/126557.jpg

OLE SARG
06-16-07, 01:47 PM
AGAIN I SAY, ms dirty harry reid is a ****ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people of NV needs their faces slapped for putting this dumbass back in office!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jinelson
06-17-07, 01:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/tankrlm/rlm/GenPace.jpg

FistFu68
06-17-07, 11:48 AM
:evilgrin: REID IS A FUC~CEN QUEER,YOU CHECK OUT THE BASTARD'S BODY LANGUAGE;IT REEK'S OF FEMININITY!PLUS,HE'S VERY JEALIOUS OF ANY MARINE!!!HE HAS LOW SELF-ESTEEM,THAT'S WHY HE GIVES REAL MEN ALL THE GRIEF HE CAN!!!IF I WERE TO SAY,WHAT REALLY SHOULD HAPPEN TOO HIM???THE SECRET SERVICE,WOULD TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!:mad:

OLE SARG
06-17-07, 12:01 PM
dirtbag harriet reid wouldn't make a pimple on a REAL MAN'S ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a waste of humanity and MY AIR!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

JCam0331
06-17-07, 03:32 PM
Let Harry Reid say what he wants. He can't hold a candle to General Pace. Ooorah !!

jetdawgg
06-17-07, 03:53 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/democratic_exit_strategy.jpg

Sgt Leprechaun
06-17-07, 03:58 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Jet, we will make a ChimpyBushHitler fan outta you yet!@!

jetdawgg
06-17-07, 04:00 PM
SGT Lep, I forgot to add the "FUND" part.

F@cking unreal

jetdawgg
06-17-07, 04:42 PM
http://varifrank.com/images/Preacher_Reid.jpg

R Nevada

erased
06-17-07, 05:52 PM
The guy looks as though he's about to slip into a coma any second now.... too bad it's just a look.

OLE SARG
06-17-07, 09:03 PM
I say again, henrietta reid is a ****ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI, :evilgrin: