PDA

View Full Version : USMC service records

Tiamat13
06-14-07, 02:55 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if there was any way to look up a Marines service record with just a name/social.
One of my friends served in the Gulf and had a lot of ribons ect. but someone broke into his house and stole them.
I was wanting to find out what all he had and try to replace a few if possible. I really don't know why someone would steal such things and I want to do something about it.

Thanks,
Randy

killerinstinct
06-14-07, 07:42 AM
nope not without the permission of the servicemember or if your entitled and hes dead. One thing you will learn is privacy act

rvillac2
06-14-07, 10:39 AM
Lots of burglaries are done by kids, so there is no telling what little trinket they're likely to pocket.

Actually, you can request verification of any veteran's awards and decorations by writing a letter to a certain department of the Military Records center in Kansas City. It takes quite a few months for a reply but it is done quite often. We use it to expose frauds.

Also included will be branch, rank, and dates of service.

Do a search on the net for the address in KC. POWNetwork.Org should also have some references.

ggyoung
06-14-07, 11:01 AM
Go to P.O.W. Networks's Phonies Index search there and it will you what and how to go about it.