PDA

View Full Version : Marine advise

HCCPoolee
06-13-07, 08:54 AM
im an 16 year old male dreaming of the day i become a marine sence the age of 7 and now its starting to unfold into reality and my excitement and happiness that its all happening is un barrible and words are worthless to the excitement so can any one give me advise on how boocamp was and any preperations i can take be for i get in to the corps to make sure i'm 100% ready thank you to all and please send in private message so we may talk
:flag:usmc all the way be their next april:usmc::thumbup:

davblay
06-13-07, 09:07 AM
How many RED FLAGS do you Marines see in that post and his profile? :p

jinelson
06-13-07, 09:14 AM
I sent a little PM after I moved the thread from Open Squad Bay.

Jim

killerinstinct
06-13-07, 11:05 AM
hmmm i see the id card now..

http://greengabbro.net/images/jm-odd-rock.jpg

Marine84
06-13-07, 11:09 AM
Hahahahahahahaha!

yellowwing
06-13-07, 11:47 AM
Maybe he'll come back with a different user name.

Until then, young Mr Smith, read all of the Sticky Posts for wannabees and Poolees ("http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9).

On the outside get involved in sports, scouting, swimming, anything to keep you off the couch playing video games.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-13-07, 03:23 PM
At least he filled out the profile.

HCCPoolee
06-13-07, 10:26 PM

SgtHMH
06-14-07, 01:48 AM
Well as a Marine NCO, you need to use caps and learn to spell a little better. On this site Marines will go off if Marine or Marines isn't started by a cap "M". It is Boot Camp, also it is USMC all in caps and Corps starts with a cap "C". You can't use the motto yat until you earn the title Marine which is
"Semper Fi" or also can't use "SF" yet. Other than that you can call Marines Sir or show respect by using their rank.

Other than that Marine Corps Boot Camp is the hardest and longest of all the branches. You have to run, do pull ups and sit ups and other things to make it through. You have to pass swim qual, qual on the rifle range. You have to do alot more. You do alot of close order drilling and learn how to wear your uniform right and the Marine Corps way. There is alot of yelling, in your face yelling, day in and day out.

Semper Fi

killerinstinct
06-14-07, 07:38 AM
btw man you know we just teasing ya so dont get discouraged by our jokes and welcome aboard man!!!

shakyjake64
06-20-07, 01:17 AM
yea...get used to Marines messing with you. That's our way...our "brotherly love" if you will. These guys are busting on you, but it's in good fun and showing you that you better get with the program (not saying you aren't already) and take it all seriously. But once you're a Marine, expect your fellow Marines to treat you like a brother...that includes the mental harassment that is all in good fun.
And keep all the moto (motovational) stuff hidden during boot camp or life will be hell.....and don't go getting no Marine Corps tats until you're a Marine....i saw that at boot, and that recruit had 3 1/2 months of hell.
Good luck!