PDA

View Full Version : A Few Good Men!

GyG1345
03-14-03, 12:13 PM
Script: A Few Good Men!
http://www.godamongdirectors.com//scripts/fewgood.shtml

"You can't handle the truth. Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it?

You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.

And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you
want me on that wall, you need me on that wall.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand at post.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. "

Semper Fidelis
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72
Gunny G's Old Salt Marines Tavern
Sites & Forums!
http://www.geocities.com/gyg1345/jack.html

Super Dave
03-14-03, 12:43 PM
That's a great scene. Ole Jack character would be one tough CO thats for sure.

GyG1345
03-14-03, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Super Dave
That's a great scene. Ole Jack character would be one tough CO thats for sure.

Yeah, Dave--I could think of a lotta captions to go w/that face in the Pic!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/judiearnold/jack.jpg

Sgt Sostand
03-14-03, 03:04 PM
Hard Core Jack

vance
03-14-03, 06:26 PM
I've always disliked that movie. The slick punk lawyer brought down the "bad " Marine officer.

GyG1345
03-14-03, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by vance
I've always disliked that movie. The slick punk lawyer brought down the "bad " Marine officer.

That's what the movie was supposed to do, and I suppose it appeared to pinkos as it was intended to do--however, Jack is a great actor and personality, and despite his shortcomings, even in a liberal's clothing the Marine shone through--that's the way I choose to see it--in spite of the intended theme and intentions of the movie.

Semper Fidelis,

Dick Gaines

greensideout
03-14-03, 07:47 PM
I liked the movie.
"Marine" did show through! I'm surprised hollywood allowed that to happen. Or, was it that it took a Marine to see it while it floated over the heads of the civvies. Don't know.

Didn't like the ending. The Colonel would never have folded like that.

I like "My Ending", where the Colonel kicks the little JAG puke in the nuts.The Colonel gives a little grin, puts the cigar in his mouth and walks away. He then turns his head back, removes the cigar and gives out a laugh and says, "Screw the little bastard."

Jack is a great actor!

GyG1345
03-14-03, 08:44 PM
Jack is a great actor--I could be wrong--but I expect, most likely of the usual Hollyweird genre--thus the ending as seen in the flik--other than that, Marines see what they see with, and the pinkos see what they see with.

;)
DickG

Lock-n-Load
03-14-03, 09:03 PM
Nicholson gave a tremendous portrayal of a galvanized Fleet Marine Force Officer...who had a job to do...his Marines answered the call, no matter what...weaklings in the Corps are always run up an disced...when he rattled off that tirade to everyone in the courtroom...it was his breast/plate of what the Fleet Marine Force is all about... precisely...even his Academy Award performance of a 30yr Navy/Chief in the "The Last [shlt] Detail" was mesmerizing too...he's at his greatest when in a military role as an actor...he just has it, that's all!!...everytime I surf into..."A FEW GOOD MEN"...I drop everything and wait for that final courtroom tirade...I like the Corps but ..I love the Fleet Marine Force,Marine, above all others....Semper Fidelis:marine: :marine:

mrbsox
03-14-03, 10:30 PM
Send a clip to France...

... and tell them to stand on their on FU**ING WALL :marine:

There 'bones... I put the astricks in fer ya :D