PDA

View Full Version : What Would be the best for me...?

tFDILLINGER
06-11-07, 11:30 PM
Ok I am new on here....I am 17 and a senior in high school.....When i first wanted to join the Marines it was because i new the only way i was going to collage is if i got a scholership for wrestleing .....so yea that is the only way i am going to collage..but anyway....I want a new challgen in life...and if i am serve my country i want to serve it with pride...I dont wanna seat behind a desk all day and do paper work ...With all do respect ..to me that ant serveing my country....I want to be in the field and be in the action with guns blazing....i know it sounds crazy but yea....I was just woundering what would be the steps on going in to spec ops...or like recon....If anyone could help thanks...

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-11-07, 11:44 PM
Do a search, there are probably hundreds of questions about Recon on this forum. In short, you need to be in really good shape and make it through boot camp. Take and pass the indoc, pass the interview, and you're on your way.

TennysonUSMC
06-14-07, 01:49 PM
I've known two Recon Marines since my year in the Corps, one Radio, one Force. Difference: Force Recon are the ****in badasses fast roping out of a chopper ontop of a mountain and then working their way down to Osama, hanging out for about 10 days and then rocking his world with a 10 man team vs. an army and they already know they're going to win, because they're just that badass. Radio Recon: Same thing, add radios and computer geekness.

If you have a girlfriend that you sort of don't like, end that relationship. In fact distance yourself from any kind of permanent relationship with anyone, because you will always be overseas and at a moments notice. You will have to have a perfect PFT pretty much, and even then when you finish your MOS school and attempt to be in a FRP or RRP, you are going to suffer everyday for the benefit of making you a perfect killing machine. You need to be smart. Do well on the ASVAB. If you want to do Radio Recon, try to get into the 2600 MOS field. Force Recon, 0300.

MSgtBowling
06-16-07, 12:20 AM
You will also have to run and count to three at the same time.

Marine84
06-16-07, 07:28 AM
You will also have to run and count to three at the same time.

They taught us to four MSgt - gotta be able to do the cadence while running

United States Marine Corps
OOHRAH! OOHRAH!

Sgt D
06-16-07, 08:27 AM
First things first. Just because recon is in the name of radio recon does NOT make them USMC Recon. There is no longer a Force Recon, they were replaced by MARSOC. Your best route coming into the Corps would be 03XX. It is (unless things have changed recently) the quickest way to be sceened. Meaning you would be able to take the screening at your MOS school. Yes you have to be in good shape, and also have a GT score of 105 on your asvab. The most important thing is to have a strong "heart" meaning the will to do it. You would want to get a swim qual 1 in boot camp. You probably don't know exactly what that is, but don't worry about it until you get that far. All I really mean by that is, you have to be a good swimmer, so start running and swimming. Run at least 3 miles every other day and add weight (Back pack with anything you can stuff in it) while running after you start getting faster. Try to get up to at least 30 lbs. As far as swimming. Work your way up to 2000 meters non-stop. If you can get to all of these goals you should have no problem getting into a recon battalion. Then you can start working on MARSOC.