PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

FutureMarine916
06-11-07, 11:26 PM
When I first enlisted, I had delusions that I would be untouchable and that bootcamp would be a walk in the park. I guess I am pretty good on the physical part. It is the mental mind game that gets to me. It gets to me pretty bad.
I have not had an easy life, and by no means am I a puzzy. Its just that Marines are scary. When one starts to yell at me, I lose my bearing. I cant seem to act as fast as I normaly do, or even think strait. Im thinking, when I get to bootcamp we will have 3 DIs, and it will be 3 months long with no time to stop and wright in a online form. The Marine playing DI even told me that I would have a hard time at bootcamp becase of this.
I need to get over this. The other poolees do not seem to have as hard of a time with it as me. Is there anything I can do on my own to prepare for the mind games at bootcamp? Perhaps I just have to experiance it over and over. And to think Im going 0311, hahaha...
Oh and just incase, I will not quit. The thought never comes up.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-11-07, 11:47 PM
I don't know what being an 03 has to do with anything. The admin people go through the same boot camp. But, no there is nothing you can do to get ready for the mental aspect of boot camp. Whatever you all did that brought you to this conclusion wasn't even close to replicating boot camp. You knew you were going home when it was done. In boot camp, you're there for three months, and that in itself is enough to really mess with you.

Nothing I can tell you other than to suck it up and don't do that anymore. It may not sound good, but it seems to be your only real option.

killerinstinct
06-12-07, 08:01 AM
you have to remember this it's a game just do it as best as you can.. You will see recruits getting ****ed off yelling at others because they arent doing things fast enough, ESPECIALLY while playing games. Alot of the tasks assigned during the games played are impossible and its to stress you out.

you can take the biggest hardcharg9ing Marine and no way will he make a rack in 20 seconds after the whol rack is torn up and when i say 20 they skip numbers so actual time iwas less than half..

Just always keep ini your mind this is just a game I can only do my best.. As far as the yelling if they see a weakness about your temper they'll focus on you more than most so best bet is to keep it to yourself because it would only cause you trouble.