PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions on my mind

JIPeterson
06-11-07, 09:51 PM
Just a few questions about recruit training, nothing big I don't think.
1. Besides church services on sunday, what else typically goes on?
2. I was reading through the other post but couldn't ask the question there for some reason but what is Senior Drill Instructor Time?
3. Are there any disadvantages to being short? I know it's stupid but I was wondering.

Thanks alot.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-11-07, 10:43 PM
You get some free time to read newspapers, mail, and get ready for the week ahead. We had to go out back and wash our clothes on some cement tables- but you won't have that experience. After lunch it is just another day.

SDI time is your nightly free time- unless they changed what something is called.

Yes, you will be at the back of the formation- on humps that means you'll be running.

MKinney
06-12-07, 02:48 AM
E4Bravo is correct. But they now put the short recruits up front in humps. They turn the whole platoon around so it's shortest-tallest. At least for the company I was in that's how it went.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-12-07, 03:32 AM
That is great. I hadn't heard that anywhere, I hope it is being done everywhere and not just in your company. Those poor guys in the back had a heck of a time thanks to everyone in front of them making their life difficult.

killerinstinct
06-12-07, 07:55 AM
2. I was reading through the other post but couldn't ask the question there for some reason but what is Senior Drill Instructor Time?
3. Are there any disadvantages to being short? I know it's stupid but I was wondering.

Thanks alot.

to answer question #3 ive said this before and most will know it A T & T!!! (you'll be playing catch up.

Marine84
06-12-07, 08:40 AM
Those poor guys in the back had a heck of a time thanks to everyone in front of them making their life difficult.

I know that's right - I hated being in the back - I don't know how many times I had to leave the chow hall hungry because by the time I got in and sat down, the first 1/2 of the platoon was up and done already! You'll learn to eat faster..........................:)

jinelson
06-12-07, 09:00 AM
I hated being "Tailend Charley" especially in ITR I had to run the whole hump.

Jim

FireDawg7051
06-12-07, 11:59 AM

Thanks alot.

1. I think that since sundays dont count as training days the drill instructors want to endure as much pain as possible in those days. We did the worse feild days those days. Everyone in the rain room, turn all the showers on hot and poor bleach and detergent everywhere, squat and scuzzzzz....

2. In my platoon we called it Senior Drill Instructor square away time. They never sid we couldnt do what we wanted but if he caught us doing anything but squaring away our sh*t then he would f*ck us up.

FireDawg7051
06-12-07, 12:00 PM
and 3. I just know that for the humps little guys up front but any other time its little guys in the back wich sucks because you dont get the most time in the world to eat but whatever youll live. More important stuff to worry about.

Sgt D
06-13-07, 03:20 AM
One good thing about the back of the formation is that you can be the worst in the world at drill and most of the time the DI won't be able to see you screw up.

chili77bowl
06-13-07, 05:20 PM
dude...

being short sucks butt in Boot.....harder to reach the bars on the obstical course...running on humps....less chow time....

eh, but you can't change two things...

1. genetics
2. boot camp

so...just grab a straw...

JIPeterson
06-13-07, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna be it in for then I guess, but I think I can stomach it for 3 months. Not like i'm gonna be the only short guy there.

TennysonUSMC
06-14-07, 01:35 PM
I went to Boot Camp a year ago in 5 days, so this much I know has probably not changed.

1. You will probably be the last in line for chow...learn to inhale food starting now.

2. You will be in the front of humps, that does not mean you won't be running...maybe just not as far. Tall people get the suck now, I'm 6'2" and at one point during the 6 mile out to the range, me and two other recruits had to run from the very back of the hump, to the front. We didn't do anything wrong either, they just needed some recruits for something that I don't remember, sucked though...and you get MOLLE packs...that's gonna suck worse.

3. The Crucible is about to get harder, but SDI time and Corps Values time is increasing, from what I read in the MarineTimes.

4. Sundays are good during church hours. Before and after...stand the **** by.