PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Stormy
03-14-03, 10:45 AM
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this. I'm not a mother, wife, or girlfriend of a Marine but I am the favorite Aunt and couldn't find that thread here so I figured I would start one. lol

I have a few questions and hope you can help me. My sister is very worried about her son over there..as is his girlfriend. I've been doing my best to try and find any information possible for them. They both finally got letters from him that arrived about a month after he was deployed. Hmm, I guess mine must be lost in the mail? That made them feel a lot better. He didn't tell them where he was in Kuwait. Is that standard? Are they allowed to tell their family members what Camp they are located in? I think I tracked him down to one because of his commanding officer and his unit being mentioned. Do they keep units together over there or do they split them up into different camps?

We're all sending him out packages but not sure what they really need over there. Can any of you give me any suggestions that would be helpful to the guys over there? We want to send him care packages with extra stuff so the men that haven't received anything will know people back home are thinking of them.

I'd love to hear any other suggestions that you think will help the guys over there.

A special thanks to Roger for spotting my big boo boo. I think it's all corrected now. :)

thedrifter
03-14-03, 10:53 AM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

To answer your question....Yes they are not allowed to give out any info.....
You can read the thread I attached.....
I will let some of the other folks answer your questions......

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4776

Sempers,

Roger

Stormy
03-14-03, 11:04 AM
Thanks. I had a feeling they weren't allowed to give out the information for security reasons.

Stormy

SheWolf
03-14-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Stormy
Thanks. I had a feeling they weren't allowed to give out the information for security reasons.

Stormy

Welcome Stormy,,,,,,

my son is over there too,, and the mail can't get here or there fast enuff!!!
just wanted to say hi,,,
and they have to be careful what they write or say when they call.......

:bunny:

thedrifter
03-14-03, 11:14 AM
Here is a great site to support our troops.....
take a look at the idea's they say for care packages.......

Sempers,

Roger

http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/index.html

fray68
03-14-03, 11:26 AM
Hi,My other half is a disabled Marine veteran of Vietnam.I am here hoping to help to ensure that never again will our returning heroes be subjected to the leering and jeering of the Vietnam era.....There WILL be a welcome home and a thank you for our returning military!...........

SheWolf
03-14-03, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by fray68
Hi,My other half is a disabled Marine veteran of Vietnam.I am here hoping to help to ensure that never again will our returning heroes be subjected to the leering and jeering of the Vietnam era.....There WILL be a welcome home and a thank you for our returning military!...........

AMEN,,,, I just have to say it,,,, they need to know that they will not be treated like that again...:bunny:

thedrifter
03-14-03, 11:37 AM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................ fray68......

Thank You.......

Sempers,

Roger

fray68
03-14-03, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the welcome.......

wrbones
03-14-03, 12:35 PM
Welcome aboard darlin'. Tell yer Ol' Man, "Welcome home." for us.