PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe with a question

mlw4428
06-10-07, 10:29 PM
Ever since my freshman year of college I've been contemplating joinging the Marines Corps. It's been a calling that has stuck with me long enough to start changing the way I am and getting in shape in order to do it.

I'm currently a fatbody weighing at 244 (dropped from 20lbs from last summer). I've heard about a delayed entry program or something along the lines of fatboy camp. I want to enlist quickly and wouldn't mind taking the extra **** if it helps me to loose the weight quicker.

Could you tell me the weight limits and whatnot for this program (it might be called something else too).

FYI:
I'm 5'5-5'6 (I think the recruiting station is on a slope or something because I was measured twice and had both said to me)
I weight 244.45 lbs (down from like 260lbs)
And I am serious about joining.

Thanks in advance! :usmc:

rvillac2
06-10-07, 11:47 PM
You need to fill in your profile.

Cash2053
06-11-07, 09:29 AM
Assuming you are age of 16-20, you will have to be able to be down to 191 for 5'6'' and 185 for 5'5'' to be able to be able to enlist in DEP. If you are older the you can be a little heavier.If you are within 5% of standards, and if you pass th IST, you can ship to boot camp without a waiver.If you are over 5% over retention weight standards you will need to pass the IST and get a waiver. If you are more than 10% over retention weight you must pass the IST, be below 18% bodyfat,and receive a waiver. These are all requirements to enlist under the Delayed Entry Program. If you dont currently meet the standards, just talk to a recruiter, if you are serious as you say you are they will help you achieve your goal, and they will allow you to attend monthly poole functions to help you. DEP is not like fat boy camp. DEP helps prepare you for boot camp. DEP gives you Marine Corps knowledge to study before you ship out and helps you get in good enough physical shape to ship to boot camp. Being in the DEP, I think it also counts for your IRR time at the end of your contract, unless it has changed. Just talk to a recruiter