PDA

View Full Version : My Plan So Far

altayblahm
06-09-07, 01:34 PM
Alright, I'm a Junior in High school, with my Senior year coming around the corner. I've been considering the Marines since i was six years old, and I haven't stopped. My plan as of now is to go to College, and at the end of my Junior year there I would go into OCS or PLC, I haven't decided yet. I would finish that over the summer, and then finish my Senior year of College (I'm pretty sure how that works, so correct me if i'm wrong). Then,I'd go wherever I'm sent. The MOS' i'm most interested in are ones involving armor, or becoming a part of ANGLICO (Air Naval Gun Liason Comapny).

If any of this seems wrong to you guys, feel free to correct me.

rvillac2
06-10-07, 10:50 AM
How are your grades?
Better learn some good study habits and study hard.

yellowwing
06-10-07, 12:22 PM
Leadership. Do you have any community involvements? Eagle Scout? Football wrestler? Class President?

altayblahm
06-10-07, 05:26 PM
I have a 3.6 GPA

No boy scouts, no football, no wrestling, I had held several offices in extra-cirricular activites however.

Marine84
06-10-07, 06:16 PM
Chess club doesn't count, sorry.

Don't worry so much about it - you aren't even in your Senior year yet. That being said, we'll see how long you last in here.................................IF you're hell bent on being a Marine, stick around.

altayblahm
06-10-07, 06:31 PM
No chess club. President of the paintball club. Vice President of DECA. Vice President of Skills USA. Captain of the varsity track team.

yellowwing
06-10-07, 06:51 PM
Captain of Track! Now we are getting somewhere. Though study of chess has great tactical value. Leadership is the key. Do you have it ingrained to be a leader?

OCS will prepare you to leader a dozen hard charging fire eaters ready to kill then eat the young of our enemies. And they will eat you alive if you don't have the stones to lead them with strength confidence, bearing, and respect.

altayblahm
06-10-07, 07:41 PM
OCS will prepare you to leader a dozen hard charging fire eaters ready to kill then eat the young of our enemies. And they will eat you alive if you don't have the stones to lead them with strength confidence, bearing, and respect.

Pretty much what my recruiter told me when my parents had left.