PDA

View Full Version : Poser Prosecuted To The Max

jinelson
06-09-07, 11:01 AM
WEARING MARINE CORPS UNIFORM, MEDALS SPRINGFIELD, Mo. –

Bradley J. Schlozman, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced today that a Springfield, Mo., man was sentenced in federal court today for wearing a U.S. Marine Corps uniform and medals without authorization. Michael Paul Bramlett, 34, of Springfield, was sentenced by U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge James C. England this morning to the maximum sentence of six months in federal prison without parole on each count, to be served concurrently.

“This imposter received the maximum penalty for his dishonorable conduct,” Schlozman said. “Such disrespect for the brave men and women serving in our nation’s armed forces won’t be tolerated. Today’s tough sentence sends a clear message that we honor the patriots who legitimately wear the uniform in service to our country.”

On Dec. 22, 2006, Bramlett pleaded guilty to wearing a Marine Corps uniform and to wearing decorations, medals, badges and ribbons of the armed forces without authorization from Dec. 8 to 13, 2005. Bramlett served in the Navy for three months in 1989, but has never served in the Marine Corps. Bramlett, who had applied to become a member of the Marine Corps League (a veterans organization made up exclusively of former Marines), attended the Springfield detachment’s annual dinner on Dec. 8, 2005. Bramlett arrived at the dinner dressed in a Marine Corps officer uniform, displaying officer rank insignia for a captain and many service ribbons, including a Silver Star, Navy Cross and Purple Heart.

Bramlett claimed that he served in combat in Iraq and had been wounded.

On Dec. 13, 2005, Bramlett participated in an honor guard ceremony at the National Veterans Cemetery in Springfield, dressed as before.

This case was prosecuted by Supervisory Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Oliver. It was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation

This news release, as well as additional information about the office of the United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, is available on-line at www.usdoj.gov/usao/mow/index.html

OORAH!!! I love to see the stolen valor law enforced.

Jim

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 11:14 AM
That punk@ss rapper is next on the list:usmc:

Ebsteen
06-09-07, 02:13 PM
That's funny. There is justice out there. When I pull a kid over for doing something really stupid (yes, I'm a cop) and see our Corps' emblem sticker on the kid's car, I always ask him if he is a Marine. 9 times out of 10 he is not. If he's done something really stupid or treats me with a lack of respect, I make him remove the sticker from his vehicle. I carry a bunch of the EGA stickers with me so I always give them one to replace the one that was removed. The only catch is that they HAVE TO EARN IT FIRST! Most agree after they hear why they shouldn't have our emblem displayed while not acting like a born again good citizen.