PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

biggin51
06-08-07, 11:46 PM
Hello Marines,

First I just want to say to say thank you to everyone who runs this site. I have only discoverd this site a few days ago and I've learned alot already.

As my headline states I have a few questions, but first I'll give you a little background on myself.

My names Joel, I'm 16 years old and I'm from a small town in VA and ever since I can remember I've wanted to join the Marine Corp, I'm really not sure why I want to join the Marines I just strive to be the best I can be and since the Marine Corp is the best of the best I dont see any other way.

I just have a few questions.

1. How long will I have to wait after joining to leave for recruit training, I plan on joining as soon as I turn 17 in October, will graduate next June.

2. I know the pullup question has been asked alot but I'm gonna throw in a curve ball...is there anyway I can train for pullups without doing pushups?..I cant do pushups right now because I have tendonitis in my left pec.(wont be a problem later just cant do pushups/bench for 6 weeks)

3. I live in a very small town (population of maybe 1,200)..closest recruiters office is 30 mins away but its in another small town..slightly larger...but beyond that about an hour is Bristol, TN so which is better small town or large town? or does it even matter.

thanks in advance everybody

davblay
06-09-07, 12:13 AM
1. How long will I have to wait after joining to leave for recruit training, I plan on joining as soon as I turn 17 in October, will graduate next June.

2. I know the pullup question has been asked alot but I'm gonna throw in a curve ball...is there anyway I can train for pullups without doing pushups?..I cant do pushups right now because I have tendonitis in my left pec.(wont be a problem later just cant do pushups/bench for 6 weeks)

3. I live in a very small town (population of maybe 1,200)..closest recruiters office is 30 mins away but its in another small town..slightly larger...but beyond that about an hour is Bristol, TN so which is better small town or large town? or does it even matter.

As to #1---you can DEP in after your birthday, but not leave until after you graduate in June!
As to #2---of course, just don't do push ups until you're healed!
As to #3---It dosen't matter as long as he is a recruiter! Make ir easy on yourself, as the recruiter will come to you if he has to!

I hope this helps you out, I live in Tennessee myself and I'll be glad to help you any way I can.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-09-07, 12:55 AM
Davblay answered well. I'll just add that the best way to train for pullups isn't doing pushups, it is by doing pullups.