PDA

View Full Version : How Many Marines on this Website...

drumcorpssnare
06-08-07, 10:47 AM
How Many Marines on this Website think that President Bush will move up the timetable for troop withdrawl, just because "jetdawgg" and "10thzodiac" think it's the right thing to do?

Anyone?

Beulher?

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 10:51 AM
:D

Drums, with the President getting the money for the 'troop surge' the timetable will be "for the next president" to deal with.

The current bunch of loser republicans vice Ron Paul practically ignore the war issue. With Iraq in 'civil war' our troops should be out of harms way.

As Marines we fight for our nation right or wrong. The least the leaders of the nation should do is ensure our best from them. Clearly this admin has failed miserably

drumcorpssnare
06-08-07, 11:35 AM
jetdawgg- For the sake of argument, let's just say "this Rep. admin. has failed miserably."

You wait and see...if the Dems get elected, especially that Nazi Ms. Clinton...
this country will fall into a drastic downward spiral, possibly to a point of no return!

We can get out of Iraq, but that by itself WILL NOT stop potential terrorists from striking America. And the Dems want to "have a dialouge" with these radical a$$holes!!! I can assure you jet, the terrorists don't want to talk. They want to kill Americans!!! They have said so publicly, and REPEATEDLY.
Yet, the Dems want to talk.... I fervently hope and pray that the next time these radical murdering pigs attack this nation, that ONLY liberal Democrats are killed. Then maybe...just maybe, they'll freakin' WAKE UP !!! (But, I doubt it)

And they aren't the least bit interested in securing our borders. THEY want the illegals to filter in, because these immigrants know the Dems will take
care of them, so they throw any and all support to the socially radical Dems.

The liberal left's main agenda, right now, is to hate Bush. They don't even begin to act as though they care about the troops. Just "HATE BUSH" that's all. And when he's gone, and there's no reason to hate him anymore...I guarantee the Dems will automatically BLAME the Repubs and Bush for everything that's not perfect in America.

And just so you'll know you heard it here first...the whole world hates America for being in Iraq. When we leave..."the whole world will hate America for cutting and running."

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 11:56 AM
jetdawgg- For the sake of argument, let's just say "this Rep. admin. has failed miserably."

There is little doubt here on this point

You wait and see...if the Dems get elected, especially that Nazi Ms. Clinton...
this country will fall into a drastic downward spiral, possibly to a point of no return!

This admin has the country already in the downward spiral. Mrs. Clinton can't make it worse.

We can get out of Iraq, but that by itself WILL NOT stop potential terrorists from striking America.

We are manufactering terrorists by the boatload due to the fact that we are in Iraq. In recent weeks we have had a few efforts thwarted by the gov't so they are already here

And the Dems want to "have a dialouge" with these radical a$$holes!!! I can assure you jet, the terrorists don't want to talk. They want to kill Americans!!! They have said so publicly, and REPEATEDLY.

The reason they attack like they do is that we have a strong military. They can't invade us. Dialog and getting out of Iraq will slow the attacks down.

Yet, the Dems want to talk.... I fervently hope and pray that the next time these radical murdering pigs attack this nation, that ONLY liberal Democrats are killed. Then maybe...just maybe, they'll freakin' WAKE UP !!! (But, I doubt it)

And they aren't the least bit interested in securing our borders. THEY want the illegals to filter in, because these immigrants know the Dems will take
care of them, so they throw any and all support to the socially radical Dems.

CNBC states that the republicans like the cheap labor that the immagrants provide

The liberal left's main agenda, right now, is to hate Bush. They don't even begin to act as though they care about the troops. Just "HATE BUSH" that's all. And when he's gone, and there's no reason to hate him anymore...I guarantee the Dems will automatically BLAME the Repubs and Bush for everything that's not perfect in America.

In framing an answer to this point I will say that no one 'hate's Bush'. It is his harmful and dreadful policies that ill the American populace. His imprint will be left upon us for a long time. We need to heal as a nation. His policies have torn us apart.

And just so you'll know you heard it here first...the whole world hates America for being in Iraq. When we leave..."the whole world will hate America for cutting and running."

500BB is a lot of money. I suppose you think that we should throw another 500BB dollars and then see what results come to the front?

Any good business man knows when to close shop

drumcorpssnare
06-08-07, 12:31 PM
jetdawgg- The three major issues in this country right now are the war, fuel prices, and illegal aliens. Sure, "blame" Bush for the war, because Saddam, and the terrorists are not the least bit at fault. But...fuel prices and illegal aliens who sneak into this country, breaking the law... that's Bush's fault, too. Right?
"We are manufacturing terrorists by the boatload..." Dude, what are you smokin'? Those people make a concious choice to be terrorists. You can't blame the attacks on our being in Iraq. These animals were killing Americans long before we ever entered Iraq. And their possible desire to engage in a dialouge is most certainly a smokescreen for them to re-group and intensify their efforts against us.
And, other than the war...what other "harmful and dreadful" policies of Pres. Bush are you talking about?

yellowwing
06-08-07, 12:43 PM
LOL its kinda more than than two, more like two hundred million. :D

3077India
06-08-07, 01:37 PM
I think that a month before the 2008 Presidential Election the President will declare martial law in the name of National Security, dissolve Congress and the Supreme, rip up the Constitution and Bill of Rights (they can be such a nuissance to a dictator), increase our troop strength in Iraq and then invade Iran, and declare himself to be President as long as National Security is threatened, but promise to give up power once the crisis is over, which will be NEVER. Just my thoughts. :p :nerd: :marine:

jetdawgg
06-08-07, 02:37 PM
jetdawgg- The three major issues in this country right now are the war, fuel prices, and illegal aliens. Sure, "blame" Bush for the war, because Saddam, and the terrorists are not the least bit at fault. But...fuel prices and illegal aliens who sneak into this country, breaking the law... that's Bush's fault, too. Right?
"We are manufacturing terrorists by the boatload..." Dude, what are you smokin'? Those people make a concious choice to be terrorists. You can't blame the attacks on our being in Iraq. These animals were killing Americans long before we ever entered Iraq. And their possible desire to engage in a dialouge is most certainly a smokescreen for them to re-group and intensify their efforts against us.
And, other than the war...what other "harmful and dreadful" policies of Pres. Bush are you talking about?

Drums Mr. Bush gets the blame for not managing the war properly. Americans don't mind war, we don't like losing wars.

Our Homeland is not secure. Ports, Airports, railways etc are still vulnerable. The mismanged war in Iraq is draining the resources of this nation so we are not able to properly protect ourselves from natural or man-made disasters.

People don't become 'terrorists' just by thinking it up. They have a reason. Whether you agree with it or not, the foreign policy of the USA is a disaster currently. This attitude of 'we don't talk to our enemies' is preposterous and harmful to every American and some of our allies.

They way we are under attack shows how bad it is and the number of new empowered and emboldend enemies shows it.

How about the budget deficit? How about education? How about the treatment of Marines and soldiers at WRMC who have injuries from this war?

Again, this is an unsustainable effort by this admin. Completely indefensible when you don't care about the troops who are the only ones making the sacrifice for this nation.

10thzodiac
06-08-07, 06:02 PM
How Many Marines on this Website think that President Bush will move up the timetable for troop withdrawl, just because "jetdawgg" and "10thzodiac" think it's the right thing to do?

Anyone?

Beulher?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg/200px-Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Joseph_Hoar_official_military_photo.jpg)
General Joseph Hoar

“The proposed solution is to send more troops and it won’t work. The addition of 21,000 troops is too little and too late,” former Marine Gen. Joseph Hoar said.

Hoar once commanded all American forces in the Middle East and has nothing good to say about the war.

“This administration’s handling of the war has been characterized by deceit, mismanagement and a shocking failure to understand the social and political forces that influence events in the Middle East,” Hoar said. CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/18/politics/main2369869.shtml)

OLE SARG
06-08-07, 06:37 PM
Who the hell do you think is holding up the immigration crap, the democrats and their "don't want to hurt any feelings and don't let extended families get separated and kiss their ass and don't make them feel "not welcome" and all THAT BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF ALL OUR BULL**** POLITICIANS WOULD JUST AGREE TO SSEECCUURREE TTHHEE FFUUCCKKIINNGG BBOORRDDEERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
That would cure most of the immigration problem short-term!!

SEMPER FI,

HOLM
06-08-07, 09:57 PM

Anyone?

Beulher?

No absolutely not... Bush will not play the "timetable" game the way the dems want to..

The left wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the right... :nerd:

Llets name the Presidents with lower approval ratings than Bush.. Hummm Lincoln and Truman come to mind first;)

Truman would have been, by modern defintion a "neo con" With his "fair deal" politics and active and engaging foreign policy...

The left hated Truman while he was in office.. He was going to be the end of the world.. Like FDR he was described as a Fascist dictator... Oh please...

Then Lincoln... Oh the things that were said about Lincoln... IF you picked up a Northern Paper from around 1864 or so you would have thought Lincoln was the devil himself... and that there was no possible way that the Union was ever going to win that war.. I mean with all of Lincolns error's and mismanagement...

Yeah.. and about the Civil war in Iraq..

Lets define civil war... from Webster online...

: a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country

Or this favorite term of the MSM

Insurgent

1 : a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government; especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent
2 : one who acts contrary to the policies and decisions of one's own political party

Every day Al Queda claims responsibility for almost each and every attack.. Which country did they originate from? I mean Al Queda was never in Iraq according to the Dems and the MSM.. So how can they possibly fit into either of these definitions?

Don't believe me... Track the Attacks here...

http://www.tkb.org/Group.jsp?groupID=4416

Now if you search attacks in Iraq.. it usually a group that is either Al Queda or a group that claims an Al queda link... (if not Al Q.. themselves the other big names are Ansar al-Sunnah Army and Islamic Army in Iraq, or am I missing something?)

Since these are not local boys, can anyone please tell me how this fits the description of either "civil war' or "insurgency" as defined by Webster..

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 08:46 AM
It is a civil war due to the fact that it is their country and they are fighting for power and control of it.

They want us out so that they (the winner) can contol the resources.

HOLM
06-09-07, 09:56 AM
It is a civil war due to the fact that it is their country and they are fighting for power and control of it.

They want us out so that they (the winner) can contol the resources.

Then why are the lion's share of the attacks done by AL queda?

We had some help during the Revolutionary war... and the Civil War... But those Foreigners conducted attacks in our name... Not theirs...

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 10:02 AM
Most experts agree the insurgency is made up of mostly Iraqi Sunni Muslims and Baath Party loyalists

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0830-29.htm

HOLM
06-09-07, 10:32 AM
In early 2005 maybe... NOT in the summer of 2007... And don't forget to factor the lag in the intell from Iraq to the US press...

And you are seroiusly quoting a commie site on a USMC forum?

LilyCricket
06-09-07, 10:55 AM
Who the hell do you think is holding up the immigration crap, the democrats and their "don't want to hurt any feelings and don't let extended families get separated and kiss their ass and don't make them feel "not welcome" and all THAT BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF ALL OUR BULL**** POLITICIANS WOULD JUST AGREE TO SSEECCUURREE TTHHEE FFUUCCKKIINNGG BBOORRDDEERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
That would cure most of the immigration problem short-term!!

SEMPER FI,

Pretty much....:thumbup:

I have thought about the immigration problem and the idea that many Americans have that there is simply no way to remove the illegal immigrants in this country. As if it would be like sorting sand on the beach.

hmmm.

I think about 29 Palms... and remember how, when at Comm Elec school, Top would tell us the pattern of the day... checkerboard, stripes that the sand should be raked in the grounds assigned to that company. A big police call, followed by raking.

One big ass police call, arms breadth apart and start at Each coast and Northern and Southern borders. Meet in the middle with C130s bound for other countries.

Lots of em.

Like rats off a sinking ship. Parasites that snuck in, would bail.

Don't get me wrong. If people that want to work and came here to do so and did--- if these people that are working want to stay? Do so legally. Pay taxes. I have three children of my own to support, and I don't want to support anyone's children that is capable and able of supporting them him or herself. It's not fair that I pay taxes for under employed people who DO NOT pay taxes to live higher on the hog, while teaching those same children by example to live a life without regard to law. I don't want the kids to suffer, I want their parents to get a grip on reality... I have a big problem with people on the dole that wear the latest fashions, have five pounds of precious metal on their neck etc.

SO, OLE SARGE.... I would say that I agree.

As for Iraq? Give me an effing break. Those people need help. We just need to triple our forces, take care of business and come home.

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 10:56 AM
In early 2005 maybe... NOT in the summer of 2007... And don't forget to factor the lag in the intell from Iraq to the US press...

HOLM just how did AQ build itself up in Iraq since then? Please advise me.

Just because you label something 'commie' does not mean it is so. Just do a 'Google' and plenty of other links will show my position

HOLM
06-09-07, 11:06 AM
HOLM just how did AQ build itself up in Iraq since then? Please advise me.

Just because you label something 'commie' does not mean it is so. Just do a 'Google' and plenty of other links will show my position
Jet it is my understanding that most of the AQ/terrorists captured in Iraq to this day are of Saudi, Iranian, Paki, or Syrian decent... It seems Iraq has an illegal immgration problem... lol

Sunni's in Iraq right now have been engaging AQ, and kicking them out of their neighborhoods...

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 11:11 AM
Jet it is my understanding that most of the AQ/terrorists captured in Iraq to this day are of Saudi, Iranian, Paki, or Syrian decent... It seems Iraq has an illegal immgration problem... lol

Sunni's in Iraq right now have been engaging AQ, and kicking them out of their neighborhoods...

I will look into this some more. AQ and supporting groups like them may now be the enemy. Right now, I cannot support that argument.

HOLM
06-09-07, 11:42 AM
I will look into this some more. AQ and supporting groups like them may now be the enemy. Right now, I cannot support that argument.

Don't think to long on the subject....

Even CNN is starting to admit this... And we all know how they feel about the war

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/01/iraq.insurgent.rift/index.html

From left to right... They all are saying the same thing

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0503/p01s04-wome.html

http://washtimes.com/world/20070217-123319-5645r.htm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/MiddleEast/wm1443.cfm

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1624697,00.html

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=ODA3ODA0ODY4

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-06-01-iraq-friday_N.htm

And that was just a quick google... Having a common enemy just might be what the Iraqi population needs in the long run...

HOLM
06-09-07, 11:47 AM
And to speed your search jet...

read about this group

Anbar Salvation Council is a Sunni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunni) militia in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq) formed by former Baathists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baathist) and nationalists to fight al-Qaeda in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_in_Iraq). Fighting against the Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_America) in the beginning of the war, they have since allied themselves with the U.S. to rid their country of foreign extremist composing mainly of al-Qaeda in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_in_Iraq).<sup id="_ref-Turning_Iraq.27s_Tribes_Against_Al-Qaeda_0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anbar_Salvation_Council#_note-Turning_Iraq.27s_Tribes_Against_Al-Qaeda)</sup>

MIKECHRY
06-09-07, 01:43 PM
we shouldn't have killed saddam....we should have bought him. it would have been cheaper

jetdawgg
06-09-07, 02:07 PM
HOLM, i just want to ensure that I am not falling for the company line. Therefore I take more time with my diligence. Thanks for the drop though.

A common enemy.....

MIKECHRY you are correct there.

1stRad2671
06-09-07, 08:23 PM
Foreign fighters supporting AQ are mainly originating from Saudi, Syria, Yemen and north Africa. These are Sunni Muslims. Iranians are Shiite and won't be found fighting alongside Sunnis.

The conflicts are AQ vs US (roadside bombings/ambushes, VBIED, rocket, missle and mortar attacks on US/coalition compounds, kidnapping and executions), pro-Sadr/Iranian supported Shiite vs US (roadside bombing and ambush, much less than AQ), Iraqi Shiite vs Iraqi Sunni (suicide bombing of public places, kidnapping and murder of Iraqis).

AQ consists of many groups which together identify themselves as the Mujahidin Shura Council and Islamic State of Iraq.

I will look into this some more. AQ and supporting groups like them may now be the enemy. Right now, I cannot support that argument. Where TF have you been for the last three and a half years? They have always been the enemy, this is not a fight against the Iraqis except for the ones involved with AQ et al and Sadr militias.

The biggest problem to overcome is Sunni vs Shiite. That crap has been going on ever since Islam split. If they'd knock it off, it would be a lot easier to deal with AQ.

yellowwing
06-09-07, 11:35 PM
I think the Shia dude Al Sadr would love to be the Grand Ayatollah of a Theocratic Iraq. Our forces seem to be regulary slugging it out with his boys.

The Sunni's are the insurgents? Until a strong Iraqi Security Force slaps both of them hard and bloody it is a civil war.

10thzodiac
06-10-07, 12:08 PM

A subsidiary of Dow Jones & Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dow_Jones_%26_Company), Inc. (Cape Cod Times, article)

WTF, over...

jetdawgg
06-10-07, 02:29 PM
Tks 10Z. Remember 'commie' is whatever they don't like to read without checking the facts. Easy to label it something that it is clearly not.:usmc:

DOW JONES is an American institution

10thzodiac
06-10-07, 05:34 PM
Tks 10Z. Remember 'commie' is whatever they don't like to read without checking the facts. Easy to label it something that it is clearly not.:usmc:

DOW JONES is an American institution

dawgg, unfortunately these mindless attacks of the messenger instead of the message are nothing less than sincere patriotic victims of brainwashing faced with trying to defend un-truths. The rest are *******s !

SF

10thz http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/01.gif

HOLM
06-10-07, 05:56 PM
Oh please...

OLE SARG
06-10-07, 07:19 PM
Second the "oh please"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two typical examples of THOSE on the left who are really brainwashed - jet & 10th!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
06-10-07, 07:30 PM
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

http://www.thelemicknights.org/ootmc/patton/patsig.GIF

HOLM
06-10-07, 08:36 PM
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

http://www.thelemicknights.org/ootmc/patton/patsig.GIF

:thumbup:

But 10z... I was going to let this go but I just can't

dawgg, unfortunately these mindless attacks of the messenger instead of the message are nothing less than sincere patriotic victims of brainwashing faced with trying to defend un-truths. The rest are *******s !

Now seriously 10z.... How many times did you play that.... "You are not even a Marine" BS with me? And that card only came out after you ran out of ideas...

In the post I bought that up I laid my thoughts first... I could go over the details of why I labeled that particular site "commie" but what is the point?

Anyway... Have a great night ....

10thzodiac
06-10-07, 09:11 PM
:thumbup:

But 10z... I was going to let this go but I just can't

Now seriously 10z.... How many times did you play that.... "You are not even a Marine" BS with me? And that card only came out after you ran out of ideas...

In the post I bought that up I laid my thoughts first... I could go over the details of why I labeled that particular site "commie" but what is the point?

Anyway... Have a great night ....

In your dreams HOLM, "Ran out of ideas." Why should I point and counterpoint with a weekend warrior who said he never received a DD-214 four years ago ?

Besides, in the FMF I used more ink in pay line signing my name than you drank milk in the mess-hall with weekend warriors http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

HOLM
06-10-07, 11:33 PM
In your dreams HOLM, "Ran out of ideas." Why should I point and counterpoint with a weekend warrior who said he never received a DD-214 four years ago ?

The point was that you did counterpoint.... That is until... well... :D

Take it easy old man... I am just having some fun...

And I still don't have a copy of my final separtion DD214 :devious:

huey guns
06-10-07, 11:36 PM
10th and jetdawg get their morning email from osama or the DNC. same thing.

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 09:03 AM

The Art of War

By Sun Tzu

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight, even though the ruler forbid it; if fighting will not result in victory, then you must not fight even at the ruler's bidding.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

drumcorpssnare
06-11-07, 01:20 PM
Geez, there seems to be some serious "America Needs to Get Out of Iraq" sentiment here! I'm suprised they haven't gotten their visas to go to Iraq, where they can strap on a bomb vest, and really make their point!

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 01:33 PM

MoveOn.org:D

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 01:34 PM
Geez, there seems to be some serious "America Needs to Get Out of Iraq" sentiment here! I'm suprised they haven't gotten their visas to go to Iraq, where they can strap on a bomb vest, and really make their point!

:D The line at the State Department was too long:D

HOLM
06-11-07, 01:39 PM
Yeah jet... I would be real proud of that...

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 01:44 PM
Yeah jet... I would be real proud of that...

Hey Marine, lighten up sometime

drumcorpssnare
06-11-07, 02:33 PM
jetdawgg- Hey, if you're waiting in that long line at the State Dept., and you trip that vest, they'll still sorta get the idea you're against the war in Iraq.:D

But, of course we don't want to see you go "bye-bye"...so instead of C-4 in the vest, just put in little spring-loaded white flags that pop out when you pull the cord. I'm sure everyone around you will chuckle. LOL:banana:

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 02:47 PM

Hey if we could just do this:

http://data1.blog.de/media/633/426633_35af502adb_m.jpg

It would make me happier

killerinstinct
06-11-07, 02:53 PM
we cant withdrawl it would be regarded by islamic radicals as a huge victory and simply cause more defiance.

What we need to do is just do unconventional warfare and stop trying to PC a war and start tof ight it at all costs. These people understand violence and its been that way since the persians and before there is no other way to deal with these people.

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 02:59 PM
killer, withdrawal would let them sort it out for themselves imo

killerinstinct
06-11-07, 03:03 PM
yea it would but the greater picture is it would cause trouble in the future.. We shouldnt be fighting to get these people out of the country or suppressing them we should be killing them

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 03:06 PM
Why should we be killing them again?

drumcorpssnare
06-11-07, 03:10 PM
jetdawgg- Why not, "Stop The Terrorism"? For you see, if the terrorism stopped, we would have no reason to fight this war.

Always better to "treat the cause" rather than just treat the symptom...

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 03:18 PM
We did not go to Iraq to fight terrorism. It was first WMD's, then Saddam, then to install a democracy.....

It became 'terrorism' after we botched the mission:usmc:

And to think now we are taking sides by arming them....

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 03:36 PM
We were always 'taking sides', we just weren't as blatant about it.

Trying to stay 'neutral' is stupid policy. Either pick a side and go with the fight, or get the heck out.

drumcorpssnare
06-11-07, 03:48 PM
jetdawgg- WMD's are terrorist weapons, Saddam was a terrorist (i.e.- his subjects lived in terror) installing a democracy "in place of" the regime of a madman...(tell the families of the thousands of Kurds who were gassed w/ WMD's that Saddam wasn't a terrorist) Remember all the "purple fingers"?
These people want to live their lives, without being afraid with every word they speak, or everytime they turn around. We are fighting terrorist over there, and I remember in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.......EVERYONE I talked to agreed...."Find ALL the terrorists in the world, and kill them!!!"

Did you vote for that, jetdawgg, before you voted against it? Or did you think 9/11 was somehow justified?

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 03:50 PM
We were always 'taking sides', we just weren't as blatant about it.

Trying to stay 'neutral' is stupid policy. Either pick a side and go with the fight, or get the heck out.

cut and run?

killerinstinct
06-11-07, 03:52 PM
well currently they are putting all their efforts in getting us out of iraq we created a battlefield for the terrorists to come fight us. So iraq (even though we should have given saddam weapons to wipe iran off the face of the earth) is where we are fighting them. It's better than them having their cells come up.

And all i hear is how the republicans have an agenda but we never hear anything about the democrats and how they have an agenda to legalize every illegal immigrant to get a greater vote.

I always hear how democrats are SO concerned with troops dying yet they want to deprive an ALL VOLUNTEER military of money to get a withdrawl saying they are in support of their troops and its easy to say they are not. All the troops joined to fight in this war and especially those who are currently enlisting after the war had begun. If they support their troops or care for their welfare they would leave our troops alone and let them do what they raised their hands for.

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 03:54 PM
jetdawgg- WMD's are terrorist weapons, Saddam was a terrorist (i.e.- his subjects lived in terror) installing a democracy "in place of" the regime of a madman...(tell the families of the thousands of Kurds who were gassed w/ WMD's that Saddam wasn't a terrorist) Remember all the "purple fingers"?
These people want to live their lives, without being afraid with every word they speak, or everytime they turn around. We are fighting terrorist over there, and I remember in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.......EVERYONE I talked to agreed...."Find ALL the terrorists in the world, and kill them!!!"

Did you vote for that, jetdawgg, before you voted against it? Or did you think 9/11 was somehow justified?

drums I used to work on the top floor of the WTC (110 Tower 2). I lost a few friends there that day including a Former Sailor.

Saddam was certainly a better choice than what we have now. People in the world think that Mr. Bush is troublesome.

After 911 which it still is, you should consider to continue that dialog with folks about 'killing terrorists'. I wonder what answers you will get at this point in time?

500BB and counting is not a solution to this issue

drumcorpssnare
06-11-07, 04:00 PM
jetdawgg- If you choose to "Cut & Run" from Leatherneck.com...there's a bunch of us that will vote for it!:banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 04:05 PM
No, not 'cut and run'. Obviously, there should be some type of exit strategy. Be it, "kill them all and then we leave', or whatever, there should be something in place, that doesn't neccessarily give a fixed date (12 Jan 2010). But, as I've said before, this is going to be a Korea like war. We will be there a long, long time.

I'm not a big fan of Rudy, prez wise, but he has a good quote here:

"We are not in a war where the root cause of this war is poverty. Bin Laden comes from one of the richest families in the world," Giuliani added. "Mohamed Atta, who was the guy principally responsible for 9/11 was based in Germany and he was well educated. I don't think he was exactly drinking dirty water. And the reality is, is that [Democrats] are coming at it from their liberal mindset of what must cause crime and [the assumption that] they are not wrong about that. But terrorism is not caused by poverty. The Islamic terrorist movement, the root cause of it has to do with ideology and a perversion of religion, an idea that they are intolerant of the way we live. And to be a leader, if you lack clarity it is very very dangerous."

The quote is from ABC News, BTW. I think it's a good one.

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 04:05 PM

You Marines would miss me too much. You would only have 10Z to chat with:D

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 04:17 PM
:yes: Yeah, heck, you are now in the running to top 10Z as the "House Leftie".

For gods sake, you can't give all that up!:sick:

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 04:21 PM
"house leftie":D

This place is so much fun:yes:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 04:39 PM
While I may not agree 99.9 percent of the time with ya, I don't take it personal.

This place IS fun!

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 04:54 PM
While I may not agree 99.9 percent of the time with ya, I don't take it personal.

This place IS fun!

SGT Lep, if not for web we would not have connected at all. It's all fun. Just like the flix of your pimped up Chevy's:D

At the end of the day we are still Marines a title that few will ever own.

FistFu68
06-11-07, 04:56 PM
:evilgrin: ATTITUDE CHECK~FUC-IT :evilgrin: :flag:

yellowwing
06-11-07, 05:01 PM
How about a positive attitude check! :D

jetdawgg
06-11-07, 05:04 PM

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/ready_join_marines.jpg

FistFu68
06-11-07, 06:58 PM
:evilgrin: HOW A'BOUT BEING A GRUNT,AND GIVING YOU'R POLITICAL AZZ;A REALITY CHECK?:D

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 07:11 PM
I just scored the re-make of that poster from my local recruiter. Very, very cool.

I can't afford the originals, tho I'd love to have one. They are big bux nowadays.

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 09:32 PM
"The American People have not been defeated, the American Military has not been defeated, the American Political System has not been defeated, but this Republican Administration has been defeated in an asymmetrical conflict that it has not only started but also found to be unequal to the task."

greensideout
06-11-07, 09:45 PM

"Positive attitude check" ???
What Corps did that exist in wing?---lol

10thzodiac
06-11-07, 11:03 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post251573 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>greensideout (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=3166)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_251573", true); </SCRIPT>
Marine
Free Member (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/payments.php)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/avatars/cpl.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=3166)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_251573><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by yellowwing
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Positive attitude check" ???
What Corps did that exist in wing?---lol
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The only attitude I knew in the Corps was, "It has to get worse before it gets better!" http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

HOLM
06-11-07, 11:50 PM
Republican Administration has been defeated in an asymmetrical conflict that it has not only started but also found to be unequal to the task."

10z... you are not talking about that war that Bill Clinton and John Kerry started are you?

not to mention these guys

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

10thzodiac
06-12-07, 06:39 AM
HOLM, I'm not picking on Republican's per se, I'm a registered Republican myself. I do vote independent. And of the above mentioned, the only one I ever voted for (including their spouses) is Al Gore.

Bankers start wars and politicians are nothing more than their bought and paid for lackeys.

Besides defending the Bill of Rights, when a foreign army comes over here to try and conquer us that's when we should fight. If you fight for anything else you are either a fool or being used as one.

General Smedley D. Butler USMC:

"I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

Dwight D. Eisenhower ( WW II Supreme Commander)
34th President of the United States:

"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war."

"If all that Americans want is security, they can go to prison. They’ll have enough to eat, a bed and a roof over their heads. But if an American wants to preserve his dignity and his equality as a human being, he must not bow his neck to any dictatorial government."

tabbja
06-12-07, 07:11 AM
It's FACT that Bush was less than honest. He has admitted it. It's FACT that we were attacked and it's popular opinion that we should've retalliated. I agree. I just think we've retalliated for too long. I don't like Bush, but I don't like Kerry and to hell with Hilary Clinton. Until Chesty Puller is my president, I will likely agree that our presidential office is held by deceitful politicians who don't know the first thing about what our military needs.

jetdawgg
06-12-07, 08:49 AM
It's FACT that Bush was less than honest. He has admitted it. It's FACT that we were attacked and it's popular opinion that we should've retalliated. I agree. I just think we've retalliated for too long. I don't like Bush, but I don't like Kerry and to hell with Hilary Clinton. Until Chesty Puller is my president, I will likely agree that our presidential office is held by deceitful politicians who don't know the first thing about what our military needs.

And then they fired Gen Pace who knows more on one sleeve than they do collectivelyhttp://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/bulldoglogo_sm.gif

yellowwing
06-12-07, 10:02 AM
I agree with Holm on this one. Saddam definitely had chemical WMDs. WE SOLD IT TO HIM, Why has it become taboo to admit that?

jetdawgg
06-12-07, 10:05 AM
I agree with Holm on this one. Saddam definitely had chemical WMDs. WE SOLD IT TO HIM, Why has it become taboo to admit that?

Yellowing, the republicans live in the 51st state; DENIAL:usmc:

yellowwing
06-12-07, 10:07 AM
No, plausible denial. Big difference. :D

FistFu68
06-12-07, 10:22 AM
:evilgrin: YOU MEAN LIKE GETTING YOU'R DIC,SUCKED ON DUTY,OR SMOKING CHIT,AND NOT ENHALING???LIAR'S COMES IN ALL POLITICAL FORM'S,GENDER'S AND SHADES OF GREEN!!!BUT I HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH YOU JETTLAGG,YOU TALK MORE CHIT THAT CLINTON,OR BUSH COMBINDED!!!(LMFAO):D :flag:

jetdawgg
06-12-07, 10:27 AM
Fist, you should've heard me when I was playing basketball or football back in the day:D

HOLM
06-12-07, 10:29 AM

:)

But the WMD's just were not the entire reason we went to war... In these converstions I have never gotten any further than this so here we go

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 - Declares that it should be the policy of the United States to seek to remove the Saddam Hussein regime from power in Iraq and to replace it with a democratic government.

Authorizes the President, after notifying specified congressional committees, to provide to the Iraqi democratic opposition organizations: (1) grant assistance for radio and television broadcasting to Iraq; (2) Department of Defense (DOD) defense articles and services and military education and training (IMET); and (3) humanitarian assistance, with emphasis on addressing the needs of individuals who have fled from areas under the control of the Hussein regime. Prohibits assistance to any group or organization that is engaged in military cooperation with the Hussein regime. Authorizes appropriations.

That bill was signed into law by Clinton... (Before Clintons big bombing campaign) So there was more at stake than just "WMD's" WMD's were just the spark the KEPT going... Eventually it set fire to the place...

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM... Remember...

FistFu68
06-12-07, 04:43 PM
:evilgrin:YEA MY MARINE BROTHER,YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD ME;WHEN WE WERE ASSULTING THE 92ND.N.V.A.SAPPER'S BN.BUNKER COMPLEX IN R.V.N.!AFTER THEY HAD KILLED OVER A 150,MARINES FROM THE 5TH.MARINE REGT.!THEY SENT US DOWN FROM THE 3RD.MAR.DIV.TO GET THE BODIE'S,OF FELLOW MARINES!WE LOST A'LOT OF GOOD MARINES,I MEAN ALOT;BUT WE BEING MARINES.WE DID WHAT WAS OUR MOTTO,NEVER LEAVE A DEAD MARINE BEHIND!!!INDIA/3RD.BN./26TH MARINE REGT./ I'M GLAD YOU'R ABLE TO SPEAK YOU'R MIND BRO.AFTER ALL ISN'T THAT WHAT WE FOUGHT FOR?:usmc: :beer: EACH OTHER-NOT THE POLITIC'S OF THE WAR?

sparkie
06-28-07, 05:17 PM
I think we all need a better understanding of this 'World War'. Mayby this war started 2000 years ago+, And maybe whatever President that got us involved would not fare well. And maybe we can't win this war or ever disengage.Maybe this was not supposed to be our war, or maybe it will become everyones in time. I'm thinkin this might be the last war and we don't see it yet. Anyone out there thinking maybe I'm not crazy. Maybe I'm right... But hell, I just don't know quite yet. Besides, i got another beer to drink so have a great day Marines... and Carry On.

OLE SARG
06-29-07, 10:49 AM
Right on FIST!!!!!!

SEMPER FI BROTHER, :flag: