PDA

View Full Version : chevron placement

XJPower
06-08-07, 02:51 AM
well i just got pfc like 2 weeks ago and have not gotten my chevron's put on my blues..my grandma is begging me to let her put them on..( old times with my grandfather Msgt (E-7) (OLD SCHOOL) any how what is the regulation for that..

thanks alot,
pfc chapman

Cash2053
06-08-07, 03:37 PM
I am pretty sure its 4 inches centered from the top seam. I will have to get back with you on that one. You can also find what you are looking for at www.usmc.mil (http://www.usmc.mil). Go to the links section and you will find the uniform regulations.

Ignition
06-08-07, 04:40 PM
you werent taught this in bootcamp????

zx6rdr
06-08-07, 05:09 PM
isnt this some basic knowledge that you should know prior to getting promoted????

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-07, 07:09 PM
Instead of sniping, how about just providing either a link for information, or the information itself?

He's a proud PFC, asking a question he doesn't know the answer to. Fine. Either provide the answer or freakin show him HOW to find it.

zx6rdr
06-08-07, 07:35 PM
Roger that Sgt... I was planning on doing this anyway...

Pfc look here:

MCO P1020.34

Web link: http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/library/MCUR/URTOC.htm

Remember Pfc...

NCO's will guide you... they will never give you anything.

XJPower
06-08-07, 10:31 PM
thanks alot! :marine:

bigdog43701
06-09-07, 06:05 AM
PFC...congrats on the promotion. as stated above rank on the service blouse and long sleeve shirt is centered 4 inches below the top seam. on short sleeve shirst rank is worn center half way between the top sleeve and the bottom cuff of the sleeve/

Ignition
06-09-07, 08:15 AM
sorry for soundin snippy.... dont be afraid to ask questions. its how you learn. but remember your NCOs will also help you out, yes they might give you a hard time about it. But they will ensure that you learn what you need to.

Not asking questions just hides the problem which will only grow and get worse (and this is in anything)

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 07:38 AM
Well said and well done Marines!

Oh, PFC, I highly encourage you to purchase the following:

Guidebook for Marines
Handbook for Marine NCO's

You can also download your very own copy of the uniform regs from the HQMC website.

recoverydog
06-19-07, 09:26 PM
Instead of sniping, how about just providing either a link for information, or the information itself?

He's a proud PFC, asking a question he doesn't know the answer to. Fine. Either provide the answer or freakin show him HOW to find it.

See that's how a SGT is suppost to be.......