PDA

View Full Version : how long must I wait!!!!!!!!!

Jarhead2be
06-08-07, 12:31 AM
I joined the USMC in Sept. of 2006 and I thought that my juvenile record which is nothing serious was espunged, so I didnt tell them about it, well they found out and said that I had to get a waiver signed for it. Also I had to get numerous character statements and statements of my own, apologies, and court documents which I did which no problem because I knew I made a big mistake, but it's been about 7 months since then and they just keep telling me 'We'll let you know" and my recruiter has been doing everything he possibly can to see if they will still let me go to boot, but I just want to know if you Marines think that I got a good chance of going? I've already sworn in and I wanted to be a Marine for so long and I'd hate myself for messing that up.

MKinney
06-08-07, 02:49 AM
Give it time. If you truely want to be a Marine, time won't matter. Just keep asking and show that you really want to join. Other than that, it's up to the recruiter to get you in.

Phantom Blooper
06-08-07, 04:57 AM
You joined this site in November 06. Since that time at least once a week the same question is asked. Same question, but, different cicumstances and situations. The advice that is ALWAYS given by one or two Marines is the same. "Regardless of how long ago you should always let a recruiter know if you EVER got in trouble with the law or courts for any reason however minor,and ANY and ALL known health problems from the time you were wearing ****ty diapers."

The recruiter will let you know what MEPS has to say.It takes time for waivers like this because hundreds of poolees didn't listen and follow the word!

Hopefully you can get a waiver and DEP but remember even though you are not a Marine you were given an unofficial order to follow.Maybe in the future you can obey the rules of Uncle Sam! :evilgrin:

killerinstinct
06-08-07, 11:19 AM
I joined the USMC in Sept. of 2006 and I thought that my juvenile record which is nothing serious was espunged, so I didnt tell them about it, well they found out and said that I had to get a waiver signed for it. Also I had to get numerous character statements and statements of my own, apologies, and court documents which I did which no problem because I knew I made a big mistake, but it's been about 7 months since then and they just keep telling me 'We'll let you know" and my recruiter has been doing everything he possibly can to see if they will still let me go to boot, but I just want to know if you Marines think that I got a good chance of going? I've already sworn in and I wanted to be a Marine for so long and I'd hate myself for messing that up.

like a good piece of ass youre just gonna have to wait and keep going after it

davblay
06-08-07, 11:30 AM
Jarhead2be, in this case, no news is good news! When the word comes down you will be the second to know, your recruiter will be first! Hang in there and wait! :marine:

Ebsteen
06-08-07, 11:30 AM
It really depends on exactly what you did. Here is your first and second things to learn about the Marine Corps. 1) Integrity is part of a Marine's character,...always, without exception. 2) You went to the Marine Corps, they did not come to you. Have patience. If you are meant to go to bootcamp, you will go.

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU KNOCK A MARINE DOWN, HE'S GOING TO GET BACK UP!

GySgtRet
06-08-07, 04:02 PM
Of any advice that I have given on this site this is the saiest. Be prepared to mount out in a moments notice, don't question it just do it. It has happen like this before and you will not be the last either. If you second guess you will loos your chance forever.