PDA

View Full Version : Emergency leave

Hectic
06-07-07, 07:56 AM
Here's my question, is the emrgency leave just charged against your total leave days, or not. I only ask because my brother recently had to take some and the recruiters, my brother and I were unsure...

davblay
06-07-07, 08:11 AM
The way I understand it, any accumulated leave time you have will be used during the Emergency leave.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it in STARS AND STRIPES.

Marine84
06-07-07, 08:13 AM
Unless it's changed they will be taken off of the 30 days (maybe more now) you get per year

killerinstinct
06-07-07, 08:59 AM
yea he will get charged the leave, it just means that he got his leave in a rush and not by submitting a leave chit

Quinbo
06-07-07, 09:18 AM
The way I understood it you can even go in the hole (negative balance) with emergency leave. It does count against your 2.5 days a month accumulated or not. Had a lad in my platoon in Hawaii that...

killerinstinct
06-07-07, 09:53 AM
yea you can go in the whole as long as at ur eas you will be at a 0 or plus balance.

Like when you go on boot leave i didnt take 10 days i checked in early since i didnt wanna go into a negative leave balance and 4 days is enough i was ready to get back( not to bootcamp though).

Zulu 36
06-07-07, 02:14 PM
Yes, emergency leave comes off your regular leave balance and you may go in the hole to take it.

I went on emergency leave between ITR and MOS school when my father died and I had to go in the hole by a few days.

Everything they told us in boot camp about how the emergency leave system works, did work 100% in my case.

Hectic
06-09-07, 03:22 PM
Okay, thank you for the clarification